Now experience 2 Mbps Unlimited Plan from Airtel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
ravi_9793 said:
BSNL have no 2 Mbps unlimited plan.
The highest unlimited plan is UL 512 kbp-->> Rs. 6000/- per month.
Airtel is offering same @ Rs. 1499/- only.

The 512Kbps unlimited from BSNL is for business, that's why it's 6000. The same way a home256K unlimited costs only 900, a business256K unlimited costs 3300 which is 3.66times the home cost. So I don't think the airtel plan can be used for comparison here. ;)

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Cyrus_the_virus said:
The 512Kbps unlimited from BSNL is for business, that's why it's 6000. The same way a home256K unlimited costs only 900, a business256K unlimited costs 3300 which is 3.66times the home cost. So I don't think the airtel plan can be used for comparison here. ;)
This airtel 512 Kbps plan will also have 1:1 bandwidth as commercial plans have.

So, you are nothing going to loose under this plan.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
ravi_9793 said:
This airtel 512 Kbps plan will also have 1:1 bandwidth as commercial plans have.

So, you are nothing going to loose under this plan.

They say just crap @ravi, they are never going to give you 1:1 for a 512K line for Rs1500 a month. If you think I'm lying, then please ask someone who has this connection and ask them if they are getting dedicated 512Kbps all the time or not.

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Cyrus_the_virus said:
They say just crap @ravi, they are never going to give you 1:1 for a 512K line for Rs1500 a month. If you think I'm lying, then please ask someone who has this connection and ask them if they are getting dedicated 512Kbps all the time or not.
I don't need to ask any1.

I am myself to answer.
I am on Airtel 256 Kbps 1:2 plan.

And it get speed more than 256 Kbps most of time.
My current speed is
265 kbps download
156 Kbps upload speed.

Now see..I am getting more than 256 speed.

Infact in night I get download speed of 42 KBPS. ( 336 Kbps)

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
ravi_9793 said:
I don't need to ask any1.

I am myself to answer.
I am on Airtel 256 Kbps 1:2 plan.

And it get speed more than 256 Kbps most of time.
My current speed is
265 kbps download
156 Kbps upload speed.

Now see..I am getting more than 256 speed.

Infact in night I get download speed of 42 KBPS. ( 336 Kbps)

@ravi, I understand the point you're trying to make but that doesnt mean it's going be 1:1. I'll give you an example:

I am on 2Mbps cable broadband with a 1:4 ratio. I get 2Mbps all the time and at night i get 3-4Mbps. But that doesnt make it 1:1, does it. When I meant check, i meant to say to check if someone has got that line saying it's a dedicated 1:1 line. Why do you think they are charging 16K for the 2Mbps line? because that justifies the 1:1 ratio. No service provider is going to give you a dedicated line for 1500Rs. simple as that.

Besides, I dont' think airtel provides 1:2 ratio for the 256k lines. They were in the news last year for faking this. They actually had a 1:8 ratio when they told customers that they have 1:2 ratio. Understand, these are expensive, no one will give it to the consumer for free.:(

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Cyrus_the_virus said:
I am on 2Mbps cable broadband with a 1:4 ratio. I get 2Mbps all the time and at night i get 3-4Mbps. But that doesnt make it 1:1, does it.
Dear...what else U want from your ISP.
They are giving you more than your plan..and U want to fight for 1: 1 :p

When I meant check, i meant to say to check if someone has got that line saying it's a dedicated 1:1 line.
Yaar...when they are giving 1:1 in 256 plan..than why can't they give in 512 kbps plan.There can be little fluctuation..but it will be very less.

Sometime speed can be more than 512 Kbps also, and sometimes it can be little less also. These are common problem with all ISP.

And if they are not giving, than make complain.Airtel has best customer support.

Why do you think they are charging 16K for the 2Mbps line? because that justifies the 1:1 ratio. No service provider is going to give you a dedicated line for 1500Rs. simple as that
According to you 2 Mbps plan has dedicated line and 512 plan won't have dedicated line???

Besides, I dont' think airtel provides 1:2 ratio for the 256k lines. They were in the news last year for faking this. They actually had a 1:8 ratio when they told customers that they have 1:2 ratio. Understand, these are expensive, no one will give it to the consumer for free.:(
I am a using Airtel 256 UL plan for last 2 year..and never seen 1:8 ratio with my speed.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
ravi_9793 said:
Dear...what else U want from your ISP.
They are giving you more than your plan..and U want to fight for 1: 1 :p
U'll see the difference once the no. of users connecting to the same DSLAM increases.

ravi_9793 said:
Yaar...when they are giving 1:1 in 256 plan..than why can't they give in 512 kbps plan.There can be little fluctuation..but it will be very less.
You told they give 1:2, now you telling 1:1?:confused:

ravi_9793 said:
According to you 2 Mbps plan has dedicated line and 512 plan won't have dedicated line???
No, it's the other way round.

ravi_9793 said:
I am a using Airtel 256 UL plan for last 2 year..and never seen 1:8 ratio with my speed.
See ravi, ratio is something that you can never see nor can you tell what ratio the ISP is using. The ISP's have something called pipes running into DSLAM at the exchange. Every pipe has limited bandwidth which will be 2Mbps or etc..etc. Now when you share that pipe with other users you won't notice the difference till the pipes get congested. As of now, Airtel has enough free pipes and DSLAMs to cover up the the very low no. of users it has. But when mroe users come in, I have to tell you that they are not going to increase the no. of pipes, but they will put the new customers into existing pipes to fill up their prescribed ratio and that's when you will see the real effects of contention. You can trust me on this and you know why;)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
@Cyrus_the_virus - If they tell you they are giving you 512 kpbs, and you get that download speed, why are you worried about the ratio? As long as your speed does not drop?

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
NucleusKore said:
@Cyrus_the_virus - If they tell you they are giving you 512 kpbs, and you get that download speed, why are you worried about the ratio? As long as your speed does not drop?

Plz read the last paragraph in my last post.

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Cyrus_the_virus said:
U'll see the difference once the no. of users connecting to the same DSLAM increases.
DSl technology is different from cable technology.

You told they give 1:2, now you telling 1:1?:confused:
yaa....I have 1:2 plan.
But I get speed of 1:1
Even more than 256 kbps.

When I am getting, than 1:1 will also be getting.

See ravi, ratio is something that you can never see nor can you tell what ratio the ISP is using. The ISP's have something called pipes running into DSLAM at the exchange. Every pipe has limited bandwidth which will be 2Mbps or etc..etc. Now when you share that pipe with other users you won't notice the difference till the pipes get congested.
Airtel use DSL technolgy.They use fixed number of connections for each line.Also they use piller/sub-pillers to reduce loss.

aAs of now, Airtel has enough free pipes and DSLAMs to cover up the the very low no. of users it has.
I think U have many inside news about airtel BB.

But when mroe users come in, I have to tell you that they are not going to increase the no. of pipes, but they will put the new customers into existing pipes to fill up their prescribed ratio and that's when you will see the real effects of contention. You can trust me on this and you know why;)
I don't understand why they will not increase pipe lines.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
ravi_9793 said:
DSl technology is different from cable technology.
lol.. comeon @ravi, you expect me to not know that? I was talking about DSL and not cable. And DSLAMs are used only in ADSL/DSL technology. I just told I use cable.

ravi_9793 said:
Airtel use DSL technolgy.They use fixed number of connections for each line.Also they use piller/sub-pillers to reduce loss.
Again, I know what technology airtel uses and I wasnt talking about cable. And could you please enlighten me as to what these "piler/sub-pillers" are?:confused:

ravi_9793 said:
I think U have many inside news about airtel BB.
Yes, especially when you are working with ISP's :D

ravi_9793 said:
I don't understand why they will not increase pipe lines.
@Ravi, I dont' know if you've noticed what I've mentioned in my previous posts in the BSNL query thread, so I will tell you once again, I work with ISP's, so I know what happens with them, what they use and what they won't use, so take my word on this. Cost is the most important factor and the cost of broadband management as a whole has certainly not come down in India.

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Cyrus_the_virus said:
And could you please enlighten me as to what these "piler/sub-pillers" are?:confused:
They use this to reduce loss because of distance and noise.
Also, with this troubleshooting is easy.

Yes, especially when you are working with ISP's :D
can I know for whiich ISP you work.I am sure , you are not working for Airtel :p

@Ravi, I dont' know if you've noticed what I've mentioned in my previous posts in the BSNL query thread, so I will tell you once again, I work with ISP's, so I know what happens with them, what they use and what they won't use, so take my word on this. Cost is the most important factor and the cost of broadband management as a whole has certainly not come down in India.
ok , for a moment , lets say U are right .They won't upgrade pipes and all.

But, why are you caring about future.No ,one knows whats going to happen tommorow.

Think of today..today you are getting...so, be happy with today,Don't take tension of future.

And, in case you don't get speed as stated after say 2-3 yrs.Than simply change ur ISP.they don't ask huge deposit at time of installation.Just pay Rs. 500/- for security.And if you don't want to give that Rs. 500/- also..than don't pay last month bill. :D

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
@ravi Am also confused about this piler/sub-piler thingy in ADSL terminology!! Care to explain in detail? Pardon my ignorance though !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom