Status
Not open for further replies.

thetillian

The Revolutionary
Broadband connection

Hey i got 256kbps and first i had to dailup and after i had installed some software in the cd that bsnl provided and after that my computer is automatically connecting when i login i dont want like this i wanted to connect my self if any one knows please help me.Thanks in advance

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I cant read this. Do you know what punctuations are?

And second, I just wasted some precious minutes in life trying to understand it, and you havent really told what the problem is, what exactly do you want from us?

OP
thetillian

thetillian

The Revolutionary
Hey in brief the problem is that my computer is connected to net when i plugged the modem cable to the ethernet and i donot wanted like it, i wanted to connect whenever i nedd did you understood.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Broadband connection is an always on connection. Switch off the modem while not needed if you dont want it to be always on.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
thetillian said:
hey its not an 24x7 i

According to TRAI

Broadband connectivity is defined at present as

An ‘ALWAYS ON' data connection that is able to support interactive services including Internet access and has the capability of the minimum download speed of 256 kilo bits per second (kbps) to an individual subscriber from the Point Of Presence (POP) of the service provider intending to provide Broadband service where multiple such individual Broadband connections are aggregated and the subscriber is able to access these interactive services including the Internet through this POP. The interactive services will exclude any services for which a separate licence is specifically required, for example, real-time voice transmission, except to the extent that it is presently permitted under ISP licence with Internet Telephony.”

If its not always on, it can't be called broadband

READ FULL

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Well, you can reset your modem to clear the user and pass, then you have to use the standard windows dialer. What OS do you have? if its vista, there is a tutorial on www.askvg.com by our respected Vishal Gupta.

For xp,

Go to control panel, network connections, create new connection, connect to internet, setup manually, using username and password, and follow the simple steps.

And please, go to the nearest book shop and get Rapidex English Course. Your english is atrocious.

OP
thetillian

thetillian

The Revolutionary
Aswin i agree with you that the broadband connection is always on(DSL Connection) but it can also be dailable like first create a new connection next connect to the internet then setup connection manually and connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password it is also reffered to as PPOEE this is the BSNL broadband icant understand what you say.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/2456624090_a3d2a83b47.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom