Not Connecting Nokia 6610 with my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

imprince

Journeyman
hi

i have nokia 6610

and win Xp on my compute

i have installed USB cable driver and NOKIA 6610 Software in my computer successfully . but after doing everything ,, im not able to connect my cell phone with computer ....

my phone is not connecting with my pC.. wt should i do now

G

is that pc suite?

and have you checked connection option in that ? make sure that one of the connection is checked in it . and it must be cable .

OP
I

imprince

Journeyman
yes my dear it is pc suit

but i don't know where is connection option of cable ....
plz tell me in detail if u can ,, i have tried it many times

digen

Youngling
Firstly is your cable original?
If not then I think sometimes it doesnt work with a particular non branded cable. :)
When you start Nokia PC suite,under settings click "Manage Connections",choose the appropriate type & click ok.
If this doesnt work then one more option you got is that your phone supports IR,get dongle & get going mate.

frostt

Broken In
well try checking if ur able 2 see ur phone in the phone browser...its in mycomputer...

if ur phone appears ther....means ur phone is connected... :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Check The Data Cable On Some of your friend's Pc If it Detects the Phone over there then There is Obviously Some problem With The MOtherboard.....and if it dosent connect there as well then obviously the Cable is a bit faulty.....And yeah do remember to set Your options In the PC suite Manager to Ur Required Usb Port Detected Device as Digen Suggested......And yea If this is not wokring i suggest u go in for a InfraRed Dongle as it is way better than this Data Cable in terms of speed and Compatibility.... :D

G

allwyndlima said:
Check The Data Cable On Some of your friend's Pc If it Detects the Phone over there then There is Obviously Some problem With The MOtherboard.....and if it dosent connect there as well then obviously the Cable is a bit faulty.....And yeah do remember to set Your options In the PC suite Manager to Ur Required Usb Port Detected Device as Digen Suggested......And yea If this is not wokring i suggest u go in for a InfraRed Dongle as it is way better than this Data Cable in terms of speed and Compatibility.... :D

no man infrared is not much faster then cable .. i used both method

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
nik_for_you said:
allwyndlima said:

Pssst.....Come on Man All Know that InfraRed's Transfer rates has was better wavelength then The traditional Cable.....even i have Used the data Cable and the InfraRed Dongle.....InfraRed was Easily detected and Transferred an Image or a Game in and under 2 Secs 8) Whereas for The data Cable always a major Drag Like The Phone Not connecting error and The above stuff comes up but Is still Ok in transfer speeds.... :D

OP
I

imprince

Journeyman
allwyndlima said:
Check The Data Cable On Some of your friend's Pc If it Detects the Phone over there then There is Obviously Some problem With The MOtherboard...
i have intel 810 motherboard,,,, i think its ok for it .. what do u think

can any body tell me the step to step procedure for connecting my phone with PC :?:

digen

Youngling
Pssst.....Come on Man All Know that InfraRed's Transfer rates has was better wavelength then The traditional Cable.....even i have Used the data Cable and the InfraRed Dongle.....InfraRed was Easily detected and Transferred an Image or a Game in and under 2 Secs Cool Whereas for The data Cable always a major Drag Like The Phone Not connecting error and The above stuff comes up but Is still Ok in transfer speeds.... Very Happy

Yeh true that with cable its a hassle but for IR you need to keep the device in the line of sight,a slight deviation will loose the connection.Thats a major drawback also the distance is very less.Anyways you can try both & decide which works for you better.

G

allwyndlima said:
nik_for_you said:
allwyndlima said:

Pssst.....Come on Man All Know that InfraRed's Transfer rates has was better wavelength then The traditional Cable.....even i have Used the data Cable and the InfraRed Dongle.....InfraRed was Easily detected and Transferred an Image or a Game in and under 2 Secs 8) Whereas for The data Cable always a major Drag Like The Phone Not connecting error and The above stuff comes up but Is still Ok in transfer speeds.... :D

but when i used it i feel reverse . problem with cable is that phone detection is hard . but while in infrared u will have to put ur phone very close to adaptor and in that line of direction ..

ok whatever ..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
imprince said:
allwyndlima said:
Check The Data Cable On Some of your friend's Pc If it Detects the Phone over there then There is Obviously Some problem With The MOtherboard...
i have intel 810 motherboard,,,, i think its ok for it .. what do u think

can any body tell me the step to step procedure for connecting my phone with PC :?:

Ok Here Goes....
1.)Get Ur Data Cable Connected To ur Phone And Then To The Usb Port Or Other Com Port Of The Pc,As Per the requirement......
2.)Let The Pc Auto Detect The Phone's Cable And Then Install The Necessary Drivers(If Any)Provided By the Mfg....
3.)Then Install The Nokia Pc Suite SOftware Or The Oxygen Phone Manager SOftware To Make Ur Connection To THe PHone....
4.)If Ur phone Is Online i.e. if connected Then the Light Will turn Green in The Task Bar Having the software's Icon.....
5.)If not Detected Then Manually Select Ur device Settings By Seleting The Options Menu And Selecting Manager Settings To change it to ur Connection Type i.e Either Com1,Com2 Or Ir......

See if this works mate and i suppose u have already tried This stuff out but still i recommend u to Check it out at some of ur friends place.....Anyways Peace.... :)

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Ok here I comes in !

:)

I have also 6610 , i hav irda, i have local cable and i have original dku-5 cable also !

So here goes.. both local cable and dku-5 original will behave alike..
No system will autodect the phone, the only thing which will be dectect is USB - to - Serial port driver. ! if that installed properly then your calbe is fine ..

Now install any compatible software and first connect phone then start that software..

NOw in the software set port which the cable is using.
for nokia pc suite, use USB option or Seriall option, my case it was dected on Serial (although connected through USB)

and that's it

Now more thing.. a frind of mine has also 6610, he had taken dku-5 from me for a while but even trying for 1 month he was not able to connect.. although he was doing as I said.. ..
well.. first it requires little trick.. i as I mentioned above..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom