Norton Pop-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

suniltr77

Broken In
Just few days back While I was Updating my Window, from the site,I
clicked the link new microsoft update. Preveously I was updating with regular Express/Custom Option. After that day I am always been
alerted by NAV-03 that Trozans(dialer,abi, dropper, etc..)are in my computer.But while scanning comp. there is no virus detected.Internet Security threats say that files in C:\Windows:\Temp folder are accessing
internet. All IDD files in that folder are accessing.Trozans are also
in that folder.I don't face any problem in my computer( slowdown,file
corrupt etc).But the Norton pop-ups are irritating.What should I do?
I dont think that window files resembles to Trozans.Then what is the problem.Please suggest.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Boot through safe mode and use any good AV/Antispyware and do a full scan..And after that u still get the alert ...Update your AV defintions and that would perfectly solve your problem

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Install the BitDefender On-Demand AntiVirus, Run a Full system Scan-- & then DELETE the Trojans.

Why are you using a THREE YEAR OLD AntiVirus Solution.
There are so many Free & Paid AntiVirus Solutions there.
Digit gives Avast Home in the CD/DVD, you can try them, today's free AV are far more better than the Norton2003 (in detecting).

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
s18000rpm said:
today's free AV are far more better than the Norton2003 (in detecting).

Free AV like AVG,avast ,bitdefender e.t.c are way way way ......better than norton...:mad: let it be norton 2003,2004,2005,2006,2007 or any other year version

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
well "rakesh", i was jus giving "suniltr77" a info on the OutDated product he is using.

well the free AV are better than Norton, i myself use AVG Free, but Norton is more User Friendly & easily configurable(for begginers).

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
s18000rpm said:
well "rakesh", i was jus giving "suniltr77" a info on the OutDated product he is using.

well the free AV are better than Norton, i myself use AVG Free, but Norton is more User Friendly & easily configurable(for begginers).

It doesnt matter u use norton 2003 but it shud be with latest virus defintions:) .The newer versions only will have some extra options in its making ;) and norton is not at all user friendly:shock: and i think it should be not said as pioneer in AV or something like its easily configurable for beginners:-o

anandk

Distinguished Member
first clear ur temp folders. do so every week. use 'ccleaner' if u can.
then scan in SAFEMODE with a GOOD av. i also suggest u upgrade ur av. a lot changes in 3 years inclu the scan engines...although the defns may be the same...

try avast/avg freeware.

OP
S

suniltr77

Broken In
rakeshishere said:
It doesnt matter u use norton 2003 but it shud be with latest virus defintions:) .The newer versions only will have some extra options in its making ;) and norton is not at all user friendly:shock: and i think it should be not said as pioneer in AV or something like its easily configurable for beginners:-o
My Virus Defn is up-to-date.I am using NAV03 because it comes with Internet security as bundled.I used AVG free, Macfee (paid)but NAV03 helped me great in my slow dial-up connection,by detecting the apps. accessing net.Other AntiViruses are too heavy on system resources.
Is it safe to remove the temp filesin the C:\Windows\Temp folder?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
suniltr77 said:
.Other AntiViruses are too heavy on system resources.

WHAT???? :confused:

& you think NORTON isnt heavy on System Resources!!!!!!!!!:D

Jus try the AVG as an experiment, & u'll know:cool:

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Other AntiViruses are too heavy on system resources.

OMG first time some1 telling me a big lie:shock: ....Plz any1 reading this dnt believe it ..I think he must be some1 frm symantec or some1 frm some oppossition party of other nice AV goodies:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom