Norton Internet Security 2011 + MalwareBytes ?

sygeek

Technomancer
Seriously. Why the heck should he pay for anything when he can get better solution for free.
Everyone's got their own opinion dude (I don't like Avira, even if it is free). I personally felt that NOD32 + SpyBot Search and Destroy + Comodo firewall was providing enough security to my laptop. Price isn't much of a factor for me while buying an anti-virus.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
Everyone's got their own opinion dude (I don't like Avira, even if it is free). I personally felt that NOD32 + SpyBot Search and Destroy + Comodo firewall was providing enough security to my laptop. Price isn't much of a factor for me while buying an anti-virus.

NOD32 + comodo ?

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only these have my certification: Avira, Eset NOD32, Kaspersky and Avast.

As far as best 'free AV' is concerned. It is Avira. Second is Avast. Use a firewall like Comodo if you really need it.

Not a fan of Internet Security 'suites'. KIS is a resource hog lately. If you'll ask me to choose an internet security 'suite' - then it will be Eset Smart Security. I like their hassle-free firewall. Comodo and Kaspersky's firewall eat my head.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Whats up no one with AIS :S

waste of money. i am using it & i must say, the free just lacks firewall. you also miss out on the safe websurf or so but really not worth the price. will dump it as soon as license expires.

@TheMost, Avira Free + Comodo firewall + Malwarebyte antimalware Pro (buy it). this will offer much better protection than those All in 1 IS. or/and add Emsisoft antimalware just for scanning the rare spyware.

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
waste of money. i am using it & i must say, the free just lacks firewall. you also miss out on the safe websurf or so but really not worth the price. will dump it as soon as license expires.

@TheMost, Avira Free + Comodo firewall + Malwarebyte antimalware Pro (buy it). this will offer much better protection than those All in 1 IS. or/and add Emsisoft antimalware just for scanning the rare spyware.

Instead of malwarebytes can i add spybot s&D ??

sygeek

Technomancer
It shouldn't but I dunno for sure (I don't use Avira), but if you are skeptical about it then you can go with SUPERanti-spyware, which is better than SpyBot search and destroy by a long shot (Now don't ask me why I use SSD instead of SAS, I got personal reasons).

If you are going with a free antivirus, try Avast free antivirus instead of Avira. It won't interfere with SAS.

gameranand

Living to Play
@TheMost
Don't bother for SSD or SAS just use Comodo+Avira and just keep an eye on what process you are allowing to use web. If you can do that you won't need antispyware at all.

sygeek

Technomancer
@TheMost: It is really up to you dude. Before falling for others opinions try it out for yourself.

Looking at your situation, Here's my final Suggestion:
Avast Free + SUPERantispyware + Comodo Firewall

OP
TheMost

TheMost

Simply.. Evolution !!
@TheMost
Don't bother for SSD or SAS just use Comodo+Avira and just keep an eye on what process you are allowing to use web. If you can do that you won't need antispyware at all.

Thanks Will consider that for sure brother
the reason why i am so particular about antimalware is that i am a frequent torrenter and come across many new files and already got my Win7 64 shunted 2 times unexpectedly With NIS 2011 .. That's y ///

Anyways I will give a try

Thank u all for ur concern guys .. i'd really appreciate that

--
Sincerely !

@TheMost: It is really up to you dude. Before falling for others opinions try it out for yourself.

Looking at your situation, Here's my final Suggestion:
Avast Free + SUPERantispyware + Comodo Firewall

Thank you SyGeek ,

I am considering these Two

Avira free + comodo

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
TheMost said:
Thanks Will consider that for sure brother
the reason why i am so particular about antimalware is that i am a frequent torrenter and come across many new files and already got my Win7 64 shunted 2 times unexpectedly With NIS 2011 .. That's y ///
Torrenter ha. I am the guy who have data usage of about 250 GB in 1 month using torrents. Don't worry you'll be alright with that solution.

Top Bottom