and how can i put an image into dvd?
even then while i am restoring

will it ask like image from dvd1 complete

insert disk2 huh?
pls help

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Use winrar to split image into two part:
1. After installing winrar right click on image file and choose Add to archive.
2. Archive name and parameter dialog box will open.
3. in the below choose splite to volume, bytes.
4. choose any one size according to your need. also check put recovery record..
this will splite your image into desirable size.
5. Burn it these archive into DVD/CD's.
extracting first archive will extract all, one by one automatically when need.

din

Tribal Boy
Yes, if data is important and you need it in DVD, go for 8.5GB. Cost only Rs.60 (or less) for a Sony one.

hansraj

In the zone
If u can get a dual layer dvd then the problem gets solved that way or else ghost gives u an option of making the back up in such a way that each chunk of file will be around 4.4 GB (even if the final image is much larger) so that if the back up size goes beyond one dvd it can still be easily written in multiple dvds. Just look around for this option (I am 100 % sure its there).
My advice is not to write this image on a dvd, it would be better if u keep it in your hard disk. The reason is if u ever encounter boot up problems and u have to boot up the pc from this srd(symantec recovery disk) then u will have to load the dvd with image in other drive(provided u have). Also the recovery from hard disk is much faster vis a vis optical disk. It restores in just 11-12 mins from hd and will take much longer through optical drive. Then u have the option of incremental back up which is again useless if u use dvd.
If u happen to have a removable hard disk then dont think twice and just store the image in that coz norton srd recognises most of the usb removable drives.

The method told be amir may put u in a fix once u have to restore the system using the srd as u will have dvd's with non recognised images of ghost. Ghost has *.v2i files whereas u will have to encounter *.rar files.

Last edited:
hey i too have nortan ghost and i wana make back up of my OS(window xp) as i have heard in some forums that it give you iso image which can be used to restore back your operating system in 4-5 minutes...plz tell me how to do that...is it true that we can do this as what i am thinking..like i 1st install my os and update it fully and then installed my fav software on it and then i should make an image on the cd/dvd and when ever it give me problem i just have to insert my that cd/dvd and within 4-5min my OS is repaired and i dont have to wait for all the process like formating/installing window/driver and software and all

heman12

Broken In
Hey,
Can any1 tell me process for installing windowsxp+sp2 on fresh hdd using norton ghost.
and how to make back up of windows using norton ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom