Norton 360-Check My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
rakeshishere said:
2. Fraud Monitoring Toolbar which detects Fraud,phishing website works with Internet Explorer only and doesnt support any other browser such as Firefox or Opera:x:(
That, IMHO, is the most serious flaw. At least Firefox should have been supported, which is what most tech savvy people (and even cyber cafés) use nowadays.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
That, IMHO, is the most serious flaw. At least Firefox should have been supported, which is what most tech savvy people (and even cyber cafés) use nowadays.

Its already there in Firefox & Opera built in.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
vish786 said:
crashed ?? wat is ur system config ??

crashed becoz of virus ?? or coz of memory used my it ??

I don't know the exact reasone.
But here is configuration -

Intel 101Ggc Mobo
Intel 3.06 Pentium D Processor.
1 GB DDR RAM
200 GB SATA + 80 GB HDD
Windows XP SP2 with latest updates. :D
And NO VIRUSES SIENCE 2 YEARS !!!

When I restarted computer after installing KAV, it refuses to boot.
After that I formatted my PC (as I love formatting.. ;-) ) and re-installed Windows. But after another try for KAV gives same result... :-(

vish786

"The Gentleman"
shirish_nagar said:
I don't know the exact reasone.
But here is configuration -

Intel 101Ggc Mobo
Intel 3.06 Pentium D Processor.
1 GB DDR RAM
200 GB SATA + 80 GB HDD
Windows XP SP2 with latest updates. :D
And NO VIRUSES SIENCE 2 YEARS !!!

When I restarted computer after installing KAV, it refuses to boot.
After that I formatted my PC (as I love formatting.. ;-) ) and re-installed Windows. But after another try for KAV gives same result... :-(

KAV is running smoothly on my 2.66 Ghz intel with 512 ram.

then it has to run more smoothly on ur system. ;)

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
gx_saurav said:
Its already there in Firefox & Opera built in.

Yes,and this thread isnt talking about features of FF/Opera? :rolleyes:
B/w Isn't the Fraud Monitoring Toolbar supposed to be more effecient and Powerful than the one already available in FF/Opera?

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Norton 360 v2.0 Beta Next Month

Symantec has announced that its Norton 360 version 2.0 beta will be available early next month.The previous release of Norton 360 was reviewed over HERE by me.Norton 360 being a complete security suite from Symantec has been updated and revised for a v2.0 release in coming months.

The key features in the Norton 360 version 2.0 beta include browser protection, Norton identity safe, and more back-up options.
Browser protection secures browsers against attacks, pro-actively blocking new, unknown malware before it hits users' PCs. The technology deals with online threats occurring through drive-by downloads, where cyber criminals exploit browser vulnerabilities on legitimate sites, and inject threats onto PCs.

Norton Identity Safe provides protection against online fraud, and manages user identity with one-click login to trusted sites.

With more back-up options, users can back-up documents, music files, and photos on Blu-ray, iPods, and shared drives, using the method that best suits their data protection needs.

Version 2.0 also includes additional new features such as intelligent background scanner for silent auto security and performance tasks; home network map for checking the status of wireless security, mapping connected devices, and offering expert advice to manage network security settings; and manual scanning of individual files and folders.

In addition, it also features PC tune-up that optimizes PC performance by removing unnecessary registry files and assists automatic shutdown upon task completion, plus Internet browser clean-up capability extended to the Firefox browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom