Norton 360-Check My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
After Listening some Great News about Symantec's latest Product Norton 360,I decided to check how true it was and how good was it in its Functionality...Here are some of my observations:

Good:

1. Its Really Not Memory/Resource Hoggin like other Norton Products such as Norton AV or Norton Internet Security ;)

2. Most of the Process such as PC-Tuneup,File Backup,Live update, etc happens in the Background and Does not Trouble the user to take some action on it:p
The Previous Products of Norton gave lots of Trouble by alerting the user to update their AV each and everytime the machine was ON.This was for a Good Reason but this was very buggy and gave a lot of annoyance:mad:

3. Along with Auto-Protect Feature ,There is also another option in Settings Panel to "Hide Auto-Protect Popups":) which is very useful in case any user is annoyed about Alerts and Prompts

4. There are various Tools for different options such as Internet History cleaner,PC Defragmentation,and PC Tuneup.

5. SONAR- Symantec Online Network for Advanced Response.This is one such Feature which you all will like the Most in this Product;):)

BAD:

After all Praises for this Softie Here is some of the Really Bad-Bad Part i Found in this Softie ...:(

1. It does not Alert if Virus,Trojan is Present in Archived Files...Though it doesnt allow extraction of such Files..I Just tested this myself and was bewildered to find why the file was not Getting extracted and gave me errors when Auto-Protect Feature was ON..I just disabled and then Enabled it to find that the Archived File contained a Trojan. :D

2. Fraud Monitoring Toolbar which detects Fraud,phishing website works with Internet Explorer only and doesnt support any other browser such as Firefox or Opera:x:(
Though this feature supports Internet Explorer only ...Its functionality and Detection Rate is Very weak..I myself tested this with certain Websites where the Toolbar gave me a msg stating- "No indication that this webpage is fraudulent" or "Unable to find that this webpage is fraudulent"

3. In case u Need Features such as Ad-Blocking,Parental Control,Anti-spam..U need to install a Norton Addon-pack..I wonder why though this softie been so huge is not bundled with this feature by Default?
There is a surprise in HERE-->This is Available in RETAIL VERSIONS ONLY and U need to Activate ur Product by purchasing it to use the Feature of Norton Addon Pack:D

4. Its not a "All-in-One Complete security suite" as Mentioned by Symantec.U still need to use other small spyware removers,AV as this Feature is Not so improved and good in Norton 360. For ur Info:- Norton 360 uses the Norton Antivirus 2007 engine:D

5. The Disk Optimization Feature takes a Hell Lot of ur PC time for First Time when used;)

This is all what i Felt about this Product..Do add ur views and opionion about this over-hyped product From Symantec...I will update this post as soon as i find more features and drawbacks in it..The reason why i posted this as Many users were just praising this Product a lot in this Forum;)

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
So, in conclusion, you feel this product does not deserve to be rated high..?? Good review yaar. I'll stay away from Norton..

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Akshay said:
@rakesh

Was expecting KAV frm u. Is NOD32 dat gud? If yes, I wil give it a try...

I dont want another AV war but IMO I Feel NOD32 is a Very light AV which doesnt Hog Memory and works very well:p
I have used KAV which didnt suit me so well;)

sandeepk

Journeyman
Thanks for the review.
Though it has been a long time since I used any Norton product. It came free for 1 years with Motherboard CD. I used it only for a month or two and then replaced it with AVG.
I am currently using AVG Free Antivirus and Spyware.

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
sandeepk said:
Thanks for the review.
Though it has been a long time since I used any Norton product. It came free for 1 years with Motherboard CD. I used it only for a month or two and then replaced it with AVG.
I am currently using AVG Free Antivirus and Spyware.

Very Nice Replacement...and that too a FREE one;):p

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
I Just Got my hands on anniversary issue(June) of Digit today and found this Review to be published in the Digit Magazine :D

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
NOD32 is pretty good. I'm still away from Norton products... :D

I tried KAV 2 times, but both times it crashed my XP. :-(

So, don't wanna try more....

Last edited:

vish786

"The Gentleman"
shirish_nagar said:
NOD32 is pretty good. I'm still away from Norton products... :D

I tried KAV 2 times, but both times it crashed my XP. :-(

So, don't wanna try more....
crashed ?? wat is ur system config ??

crashed becoz of virus ?? or coz of memory used my it ??

anandk

Distinguished Member
nice review ! posting taskmanager screenshot to show resource utilization of norton wud be of grt help ;-)

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
anandk said:
nice review ! posting taskmanager screenshot to show resource utilization of norton wud be of grt help ;-)

LOL ...Why would some one need SOLID Proof for this? :p
B/w,I have uninstalled Norton 360 after a Bad experience with this $hitty product and currently been using Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom