Hi everyone this is my first Post,I recently did a setup my configs are as follows:-

core 2 duo-e7500 2.93,stock cooler-Rs4995
Mobo-Asus P5G41T-M LX,Rs2300
Ram-Kingston Value ram ddr 3 2gb,Rs1000
Psu-400w,dont know the brand but the cheap ones-Rs400 not sure
Case-CM 335,Rs1850
CD Drive-Samsung-Rs900
HD-wd 500gb @7200-Rs1500
Keyboard-Logitec classic keyboard-Rs275
Monitor-IBM 21inch CRT,second hand-1720
Mouse-ripped it off from my compaq pc,so basically free
Speakers-JBL,ripped it off my compaq pc,so basically free

Most of all was Purchased from Nehru Place as of 29 feb 2011

Ok now i was hoping to get a Graphic card for my system and the choices i have is ati 5770 or 6850. And for the Psu it will be corsair 450 vx or corsair 550vx.

Now here is my question.

How do i know that my mobo pciX16 slot is 2.0 or not
link for my mobo-*in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5G41TM_LX/#specifications

i know that most graphic card are backward compatible.But still curious.

Second Question

I know for sure that the ati 5770 has a single power connector,but am not sure whether the ati 6850 (sapphire brand) has one or two power connectors.And also will the corsair 450vx support the ati 6850 (no plans for oc).

Initially this setup was made only to browse the net and watch movies,then i figured,what the hell lets shove in a graphic card and keep my fingers busy:-o

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
First things first! Welcome to TDF family.

now, why did you purchase E7500 in the year 2011 and that too for 5k? you would've got an AMD quad core for 5k more or a core i3 for 1k more which are much more efficient.

I am not sure but I think that this mobo has a PCI-E 1.1 (G41 chipset support PCI-E 1.1, not 2.0). I can be wrong though.

VX450W will be able to run HD6850 but on safe side, it's better to get VX550 to give that PSU some breathing space

OP
N

nobodyhasthisname

Broken In
First things first! Welcome to TDF family.

now, why did you purchase E7500 in the year 2011 and that too for 5k? you would've got an AMD quad core for 5k more or a core i3 for 1k more which are much more efficient.

I have been cursing my self for the same,from the very next day of my purchase,

Anyways Future holds good things.
this pc was just for surfing and movies only.

BTW will the ati 6850 be a bottlneck for my e7500 or should i stick to the 5770

doomgiver

Warframe
the cpu will be a bottleneck, not the gpu!!!
6850 is waaaay better than 5770.
go with 6850 if you can.

if you want only for surfing and movies, a 5670 @ 5k will do just fine.
save the rest of the money and get yourself a phenom x4 955 or better. it will be worth it.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
still the proccy is powerful enough to extract good performance.. go for HD 5750 instead, and save some money, cuz you have CRT monitor which supports max 1600x1200 resolution. and HD 5750 can suffice your requirements in High details.. HD 5770 gives 5-10 FPS more than HD 5750 in stock speed..

doomgiver

Warframe
^ OP just wants one for movies and surfing, hell, im going for a 5670, and im a gamer. it will suffice for him, he can use to extra money saved to buy other stuff, like a better cpu or something.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
then.. HD 5670 will be a good choice.. buy it and you can play max games at medium settings.. believe me.. cuz.. when i just upgraded from no GPU to HD 4670. i had a WOW factor.. cuz it was so amzzing at that price..

Forget everything, buy HD 5670 at 4.5K and a FPS Saga II 500W at 2k

Total cost - max 7K..

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
I wouldn't invest in Corsair for that Rig, FPS Saga II 500W at 2k will be best deal.

Save some money dude, and keep it for later upgrading of components.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I dont think its a n00b question....:huh?:

core 2 duo-e7500 2.93,stock cooler-Rs4995 - Wrong choice in 2011
for the same price u wud have better CPU
Psu-400w,dont know the brand but the cheap ones-Rs400 not sure -
u r gonna get a GPU & using a crap rs400 PSU...change it before booting the PC with new GPU...
CD Drive-Samsung-Rs900 - is it a CD ROM or DVD Writer...
AFAIK now everyone buys DVD Writer

How do i know that my mobo pciX16 slot is 2.0 or not
link for my mobo-*in.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5G41TM_LX/#specifications

very easy..read the mobo manual or in google
type "mobo model no specification"

I know for sure that the ati 5770 has a single power connector,but am not sure whether the ati 6850 (sapphire brand) has one or two power connectors.And also will the corsair 450vx support the ati 6850 (no plans for oc).
yes VX450 supports 6850

OP
N

nobodyhasthisname

Broken In
I guess u are right if i get a price of around 4000 for my e7500 i will probably give my motherboard for free,and the best part is it still got 3 years warranty,but i guess i cannot ship it only pick up has to be done in delhi.so guys help me sell this stuff so i can upgrade.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
can't that shop wala take it back?? U can say i want latest one..and ready to spend more..:)

and have u unboxed everything?? Or yet to assemble??

OP
N

nobodyhasthisname

Broken In
can't that shop wala take it back?? U can say i want latest one..and ready to spend more..:)

and have u unboxed everything?? Or yet to assemble??

I am forsure he wont take that back,because what they are sellers,they are business minded,not enthusiast like we guys.Anyway if someone is willing to buy i am always open,or else lets set up a new rig,cause its never too late to spend your hard earned cash:-o

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 wasn't the right choice in 2011. AMD Athlon II X2 255 performs similar to this and is 40% cheaper.

The thing is, most new games are CPU intensive + multithreaded and are utilizing all the four cores of processors. See if you can get it replaced with a Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 with some extra money. This should give you good boost in newer games.

I don't know if Q9xxx are still available in the market.

anyways, an Athlon II X4 640 config would have been much better for you.

Top Bottom