Nokia's N96 to go on sale on October 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
A 262k screen is always a 262k screen...The resolution of a 262k screen or a 16 M screen will remain the same only whether it is 2 years old or 1 year old. It basically refers 2 the no. of pixels on the display which will essentially remain the same...But no use arguing with u man as u r always biased....

No more comments 4m my side now on this....

Uppal me on your side

One n00b told me that you can't differ between 262K colours and 16 Million colours after seeing the 5610 XM i can bet even a class 5th student will be able to judge the difference

and if you don't believe me try to look at a gradient pic ....

and the guys saying that K550I or something like that got brilliant screen it is not that it is just boosted brightness

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
*www.smape.com/en/news/interesting/28655.html

interesting read abt 3.5mm jack & dedicated audio chip in walkman phones ..

Tamoghno

Padawan
Well, the lens used by SE is quite capable of rendering VGA videos. But, SE is supposedly working on a "handy-cam" phone, which wil have HD recording 720x480.
Still cant comment till the retail version is out.

Btw, the phone uses a powerful processor. The phone shall render the video to VGA when viewed on TV through the tv-out port. Source:-Seworld admin.

Btw, sorry for the wrong info. C905 uses a Sony Exmor sensor as used in Sony DSLR's. Sorry for the inconvinience. In fact there are more than a few prototypes going around with many sensors.One even has a samsung sensor. The final product will have a Sony Exmor sensor.

Dream , i dont want to argue with you in SE / NOKIA , But you should know what you're saying .

Do you know what "dslr " means ? What do you mean by DSLR Sensor ? If you know even little bit about photography then you'd know that DSLR Is whole different breed.

First of all , almost every nikon / canon DSLR user APS Sized sensor. Which is slightly smaller than a 35mm films size . Few high end dslr uses full frame sized( same size as 35mm )sensor . Now tell me , where would they fit that large sensor in a camera phone ?

Even if they somehow fit it , they'd need enough space for the lights to focus on sensor , so the phone will be thicker than even most camera out there.

So what's the solution ? Shrink the sensor ? Oh no , that'll again make each pixel smaller and thus lower light sensitivity resulting in higher noise. Now try to remove noise aggressively and you'll get soft picture without details .

And what do you think , its 8 megapixel , so it must be better than 5 megapixel. Wrong wrong wrong . Megapixel can only increase the resolution of a picture , NOT , I REPEAT NOT QUALITY. And increasing only megapixel without actually advancing the sensor will only decrease image quality. Even the increased resolution is useless because after all , you'll be seeing it on a QVGA Screen on cell or WXGA Screen on computer .You know , nikon's top end dslr's resolution is ONLY 12 megapixel , where as their consumer oriented coolpix tops at 14 megapixel . Do you think coolpix takes better picture than D300 ?

I really wish phone manufacturers to stop the magapixel race and start making actuallly capable camera. Kudos to SE For trying it with autofocus or xenon flash. Now i want is a camera with good optical zoom , even if thats 2mpix.

And about the screen : no matter what you do , and how much you increase brightness , a 265k screen is a 265 k screen. That is it'll show less , far less color gradation than a 16m color screen. Newer SE screen have great brightness . But if you compare both screen side by side with a same picture ( with subtle color gradation like petals ) you can easily see the difference. A lot of detail will be missing on 265k no matter how bright it may look.

By the way , nokia will indeed launch a 8mp cam at around same time as c905, and start shipping immediately , This has been confirmed by elder . Nokia used this strategy very successfully in n82 vs k850i fight. So there's very little reason to doubt it. But still we shouldn't fight with only speculation.

Winting for your reply dream .

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
@uppal.There are a lot of comparisons on the net. Check them out.

@yogi-no 8 mp phones by nokia this year. Nokia and moto going to release their 8 mp phones next year. Nokia does not have a 8 mp matrix yet. SE is going to announce Paris replacement, Hicaru, 8 mp smartphone with 3 inch vga display running UIQ 4 and full touch. Also a W960 replacement is in the works and to be announced soon.

@dream - Just give me the links of those comparisons that u r talking abt which prove that 16 M disp and 262 k display r the same...I couldn't find any.....16 M display is definitely better than 262k one as it has more resolution (no. of pixels) than a 262k one...

And when u talk abt something, do give some concrete evidence to prove what u r saying..Don't unnecessarily post wrong information that u can't prove..Do give me the links to the comparisons if any...

Uppal me on your side

One n00b told me that you can't differ between 262K colours and 16 Million colours after seeing the 5610 XM i can bet even a class 5th student will be able to judge the difference

and if you don't believe me try to look at a gradient pic ....

and the guys saying that K550I or something like that got brilliant screen it is not that it is just boosted brightness

@krates - Thanks Krates..Atleast u understood what I was trying 2 say and u have an unbiased perspective….

Dream , i dont want to argue with you in SE / NOKIA , But you should know what you're saying .

……………..

And about the screen : no matter what you do , and how much you increase brightness , a 265k screen is a 265 k screen. That is it'll show less , far less color gradation than a 16m color screen. Newer SE screen have great brightness . But if you compare both screen side by side with a same picture ( with subtle color gradation like petals ) you can easily see the difference. A lot of detail will be missing on 265k no matter how bright it may look.

By the way , nokia will indeed launch a 8mp cam at around same time as c905, and start shipping immediately , This has been confirmed by elder . Nokia used this strategy very successfully in n82 vs k850i fight. So there's very little reason to doubt it. But still we shouldn't fight with only speculation.

+10....This is absolutely correct...I agree with u totally...:D:D

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@tamoghno.....

well said.... atleast dreamcatcher would see light.....

no i dont think so... :)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

Do you know what "dslr " means ? What do you mean by DSLR Sensor ? If you know even little bit about photography then you'd know that DSLR Is whole different breed.

First of all , almost every nikon / canon DSLR user APS Sized sensor. Which is slightly smaller than a 35mm films size . Few high end dslr uses full frame sized( same size as 35mm )sensor . Now tell me , where would they fit that large sensor in a camera phone ?

Even if they somehow fit it , they'd need enough space for the lights to focus on sensor , so the phone will be thicker than even most camera out there.

So what's the solution ? Shrink the sensor ? Oh no , that'll again make each pixel smaller and thus lower light sensitivity resulting in higher noise. Now try to remove noise aggressively and you'll get soft picture without details .

And what do you think , its 8 megapixel , so it must be better than 5 megapixel. Wrong wrong wrong . Megapixel can only increase the resolution of a picture , NOT , I REPEAT NOT QUALITY. And increasing only megapixel without actually advancing the sensor will only decrease image quality. Even the increased resolution is useless because after all , you'll be seeing it on a QVGA Screen on cell or WXGA Screen on computer .You know , nikon's top end dslr's resolution is ONLY 12 megapixel , where as their consumer oriented coolpix tops at 14 megapixel . Do you think coolpix takes better picture than D300 ?

I really wish phone manufacturers to stop the magapixel race and start making actuallly capable camera. Kudos to SE For trying it with autofocus or xenon flash. Now i want is a camera with good optical zoom , even if thats 2mpix.

Are you some god-gifted soul who knows evrything about photography??
I meant that the C905 uses the same make of the sensor as used in the Sony DSLR camera.It obviously is a shrinked and a much smaller version of the sensor used in the DSLRs.Please read what i have said and comment.In fact, it has been confirmed by Sony themselves. The sensors made by Sony are made according to the needs of the user, and the sample pics have no noise or loss of detail whatsoever, so I should presume that you do yopur homework first before commenting on my remarks.

have a look at this and stop barking:-

*www.phonemag.com/sony-ericsson-cyber-shot-w61s-01531.php

Se C905 has being designed by SE japan, and so will be the future products, thus providing greater functionalities and productivity to the end user.The C905 and the W61 uses the same bloody sensor. I hope I got this through your head.

Now why are you going on about megapixels??8 mp pics are larger in dimensions and provide a better view of the object in proposition.Thus providing the user with more depth and insight into the image due to its greater resolution. If you use the same sensor to make 3 mp and 5 mp cams its quite obvious that the interpolated pics will look bad. The sensor plays a big role in this part.The better the sensor the better will be the image reproduction and thus better will be the pic.Dont act as if you are the know all here and all others are bloody fools.

About the screen.I have compared my K850 and the N95 side by side, the K850 has better colors, much saturated images.Period. And yea, i dint even bother to bring in the N82 here. Please guys, if you have some sense, you will actually compare a 16m nokia phone with the latest in the SE serie phones. you cant compare a nokia with a k550 and start jumping.SE displays are the best in the business and are recognized by reviewers worldwide. Enough said.

Yea, right.nokia doesnt have a 8 mp sensor yet dude.they are gonna buy one from samsung and initially release it next year or by Christmas.By that time C905 will be selling like hot cakes. Whatever Eldar said is crap. Please look through other sites before commenting.Thanx. And anyways, do you think Nokia would actually launch an 8 mp phone with their N96 releasing on October the 1st?? think again ;) .Cheers.

Oh,btw.Se also releasing an 8 mp smartphone in december.the P5i, which was cancelled, now comes back in an 8 mp avatar,with VGA recording, 8gb nternal memory and expandable.Will be running UIQ and is obviously touchscreen. Thnx.

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
About the screen.I have compared my K850 and the N95 side by side, the K850 has better colors, much saturated images.Period. And yea, i dint even bother to bring in the N82 here. Please guys, if you have some sense, you will actually compare a 16m nokia phone with the latest in the SE serie phones. you cant compare a nokia with a k550 and start jumping.SE displays are the best in the business and are recognized by reviewers worldwide. Enough said.

the thing i would like to say is this SE phones have just brightness boosted up and nothing else

do you think you will say and expect us to believe ?

if you have some visual proof for that than post here and then only people here will believe

16M are far more better than 262k

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea, you prove that 16m is better than 256k. Ok then.I wont be able to post any comparisons this week, but i promise to provide comparitive visuals of the n82 with the k850 come monday.

Power UP

In the zone
Yea, you prove that 16m is better than 256k. Ok then.I wont be able to post any comparisons this week, but i promise to provide comparitive visuals of the n82 with the k850 come monday.
Whats the use Dream , u & myself and many others know N82 brightness is slightly low due to Nokia setting it in the firmware.
Unless u hack N82, the brightness will be low compared to phones like N95 etc.

But anyway this whole thing has become pointless.

MasterMinds

hell boy
comon,
this is not about nokia or se this is about 256k and 16m display! NOT MUCH difference
@dream
rightly said in a handheld device increasing the resolution is better than the no. of colours
i agree to dream

here is a question
whos display is better nokia 6300 or n73 answer wisely and do right the reason in support

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
16m screen is better than 262k when watching videos .. i used to watch movies on n73me using smart movie player .. and do find a lot of difference in colours when those same movies were watched on n82 ..

Power UP

In the zone
As Yogi said , i noticed the same thing when i upgraded to N82 from N73me.

From far away both the displays looked same , but when held in my hands i can easily see the difference.
The thing is u have too look it with ur own eyes to believe it.

The funny part is that when i looked at both the displays as online pics they both looked same but when i looked them upclose i could clearly see the difference.

Its just that taking pics of things never accurately reproduces the same color 100% with the digicams we have in our hands.

As i said before look at both of them with your own eyes.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
here is a question
whos display is better nokia 6300 or n73 answer wisely and do right the reason in support

^^Nokia 6300 anyday.

you were expecting us to say N73 ?

:lol:

btw

When you watch movies + videos etc there will lot's of diffrence even if you see the same image captured from N73 and watch it in N95 there is gonna be a lot of diffrence

the best device i have figured out for watching pics is N80 :)

it's resolution is more hence it support more colours to come in a small screen :D

the N96 best part is it has got DUAL CPU's and it will kick ass any phone

the thing i would like to mention is this

C905 and INN0V8 only got a 8MP cam more and nothing else

C905 is out of the competition as N96 can beat it easily in everything except cam

but INN0V8 is the most feature rich phone

but i will still choose N96 over it because INN0V8 looks damn cheap phone

china phones like blabbering of it's feature's

and N96 is supposed to have the same audio chip as that of N91 beat that

5MP for me is enough for a phone

Last edited:

MasterMinds

hell boy
:cool:
you were expecting us to say N73 ?

yep and u shoul considering the size:cool:

the best device i have figured out for watching pics is N80 :)

it's resolution is more hence it support more colours to come in a small screen :D

what do u actully mean by more colours in small screen it is rather more pixles in small size.....and n80 has 256k colour screen so RESOLUTION matters......not only putting some 16m colours and increasing the brightness would do AND remember that nokia 7710 {640x320}

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Lol, you guys were comparing the colours, not the screen.

What about visibilty under the sun??......:lol:

And yes....Its very nice to see when these threads get offtopic.....:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom