Nokia's N96 to go on sale on October 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
The Nokia N96 will go on sale on October 1 this year in Europe...

Here is the link:
*www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=5034

@ dreamcatcher - You can read the above mentioned link for your reference as u had asked 4 it in the other thread...So I am posting...And sorry, I didn't mean 2 hurt u...I was just stating the facts that I came across to other forum members....Cheers!:D:D

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haha.....The great N96 doesn't even have a Xenon flash......:lol:

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Well,I know that the n96 is gonna launch on October 1st. Dead!!! :D

@dream...From ur post, it appeared that u were ignorant about the launch of Nokia N96....And stop praising SE and bashing Nokia coz no phone whether it is Nokia or SE is perfect....Each one has its good pts. and bad points...It is just a matter of which one suits ur requirements(NOKIA OR SE)...U must always go 4 the phone which has the features that match ur requirements irrespective of the brand....

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Dude, that was a sarcastic comment. the n96 was supposed to be launched yesterday. Now O2 will get it in october.

yea, N96 is dead.Thanx to SE and samsung.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Haha.....The great N96 doesn't even have a Xenon flash......:lol:

what will you do will xenon flash, are you going to shot pics & clips at niht, its a great phone man, believe or not.*www.ipmart-forum.com/images/smilies/lotpot.gif

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
n96 is not dead ..just that it have a very able competitor is samsung innov8 .. what se has to do with this ? is xperia out ? if we are talking abt c905, then its still a feature (dumb) phone, which has to beat samsung one in image department. I think se will do it this time, but u never know looking at k850i which took ages to come to terms ..

also shame on se on not providing vga video recording in c905 ..

competition is good, if it means better prices. n96 has dual led flash which can be also used as video assist light during video recording. but yes, xenon flash would have been welcome. c905 has xenon + led flash.. that's the way to go as far as imaging devices are concerned .

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
XPERIA out first week of Sept in America.Dunno when the other countries will get it though.
Well,the C905 offers the same functionalities as the N96, now people have to choose between Symbian and function, and a price 100 euro less.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
^Clear ur facts dude. C905 has vga recording!

give me a link saying so .. proper official link .. not just speculations .. get ur facts right ..

abt c905

*smape.com/en/reviews/sony_ericsson/Sony_Ericsson_C905_cam-prev.html

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Well, the lens used by SE is quite capable of rendering VGA videos. But, SE is supposedly working on a "handy-cam" phone, which wil have HD recording 720x480.
Still cant comment till the retail version is out.

Btw, the phone uses a powerful processor. The phone shall render the video to VGA when viewed on TV through the tv-out port. Source:-Seworld admin.

Btw, sorry for the wrong info. C905 uses a Sony Exmor sensor as used in Sony DSLR's. Sorry for the inconvinience. In fact there are more than a few prototypes going around with many sensors.One even has a samsung sensor. The final product will have a Sony Exmor sensor.

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
by looks of it.. they look to be back on track with their cybershot line up .. still vga videos would have been perfect .. what the use of photoflash if recording is limited to qvga ..though sound is recorded in stereo ..

nokia 8mp news

*www.symbian-freak.com/news/008/08/nokias_8_megapixel_monster.htm

looks like nokia will again come from back and take the crown ..

Last edited:
OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Ya, u r right Yogi..

And when other brands such as Nokia and Samsung r launching phones with 16 M display, SE is stuck with its 262 K color display...The C905/C902 also has a 262 k color display...

And Nokia is all set 2 launch touch screen phones by the end of this year....

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Hehe, this time SE kicks a$$. I really doubt Nokia will be able to come with an 8 mp phone by November, with their N96 releasing in October, it will be a kick in their own butt. Smape said that Nokia will release their 8 mp next year. Sony with their Exmor chip is expected to provide DSLR like performance.

Also, if nokia releases their 8 mp phone in say February, SE is going to launch an 8 mp full touch phone codenamed Hikaru then. Also Lg and Moto will be coming with their 8 mp phones. So we have an awesum battle ahead.

In the pipeline for SE in the next few months:-

1)Hikaru with 8 mp cam running UIQ 3.3/4
2)16 gb full touch walkman
3)Xperia X5(no idea whats it gonna be)

@yogi- the phone wil render the video in VGA when viewin in TV.So that answers yur question i guess. Next year is HD.

@uppal- SE and Samsung have the best screens in the mobile industry. It is impossible for anyone to differentiate between a 262/16m screen in a 2 inch screen. Number of colors is just a farce and is used to hoodwink ignorant users. The screens by SE and Samsung leave Nokia far behind in terms of quality. The quality can only increase with the introduction of higher resolution screens as in the Xperia.

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
SE and Samsung have the best screens in the mobile industry. It is impossible for anyone to differentiate between a 262/16m screen in a 2 inch screen. Number of colors is just a farce and is used to hoodwink ignorant users. The screens by SE and Samsung leave Nokia far behind in terms of quality.

This is totally false and I don't agree to even an iota of it...The difference between a 262k and 16 M screen is easily visible...

I personally own a SE k750 with 262k screen and Nokia 6300 with 16 M display..The K750 cam results r better but as far as screen goes, Nokia's 6300 screen is far superior...The colors on the 16 M Nokia screen carry more detail, r more eyecatching and very striking...The colors look more vibrant and carry more punch on Nokia 6300's display than SE K750's display...

This difference is easily noticeable...Even a noob can tell just by looking at both type of screens irrespective of the screen size that 16M display is way better...

The only negative is that if u r having a 16 M display on a phone, the battery drains a little earlier than the battery of phone having a 262k display...My K750's battery lasts 2-2.5 days whereas my 6300's battery lasts for 1.5-2 days...:D:D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ROFL!!
You are comparing a 3 year old K750 screen to a 1 year old 6300 screen??? Awesum man!!!

Now, take your 6300 and compare it to any SE phone, k660,w910,W890, whatever. And please share your expriences.Also, if you want, you can check out any damn review out there. you will get to know. :)

OP
uppalpankaj

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
ROFL!!
You are comparing a 3 year old K750 screen to a 1 year old 6300 screen??? Awesum man!!!

Now, take your 6300 and compare it to any SE phone, k660,w910,W890, whatever. And please share your expriences.Also, if you want, you can check out any damn review out there. you will get to know. :)

A 262k screen is always a 262k screen...The resolution of a 262k screen or a 16 M screen will remain the same only whether it is 2 years old or 1 year old. It basically refers 2 the no. of pixels on the display which will essentially remain the same...But no use arguing with u man as u r always biased....

No more comments 4m my side now on this....

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
nokia will be releasing a phone next yr with video recordign more than vga .. ang they are planning to release 8mp cam phone by christmas .. abt uiq .. isnt it the dead end?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@uppal.There are a lot of comparisons on the net. Check them out.

@yogi-no 8 mp hones by nokia this year. Nokia and moto going to release their 8 mp phones next year. Nokia does not have a 8 mp matrix yet. SE is going to announce Paris replacement, Hicaru, 8 mp smartphone with 3 inch vga display running UIQ 4 and full touch. Also a W960 replacement is in the works and to be announced soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom