Nokia6680 and 6681, does they worth their price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bukaida

In the zone
Nokia is highly touting for these two models, But when I went to enquire about the price, It was a shock. It was about 23000.
Adding some more bucks can give me an entry-level laptop.
Does they really worth this price?

Charley

Just Do It
I have to say they are awesome handsets. If u wanna go in for any of them go for 6681, as there are software problems with 6680 and my friends actually own them & they wud in less tha a months time go for 6681.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
If you just see the cost , then Nokia 9500 when launched was 41k :D It's 35k now. We can get a lappy in that price.

Just if you see the price and the features then it's not worth. Like we get 40k speakers of altec lansing, we have to hear sounds from that speakers, the BASS it offers and clarity and stuffs, we need to hear it and then coment.. same way the Nokia 6680 also.. just if you see the price and the features, it may not be worth.

Charley

Just Do It
Keith Sebastian said:
bukaida - nothing is worth it's price in India. Reason - weak Rupee value.

-Keith

Thats an important factor.

But what can be done , ppl those who have surplus or high disposable income go for them even if its costly.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Keith Sebastian said:
bukaida - nothing is worth it's price in India. Reason - weak Rupee value.

-Keith

Very True..

Like 6681 is priced around $ 499

Value of rupee should be incresed ... I Say 7 to 9 times the $ can be
a realistic rate.

Dr. Manmohan Singh can do it ... he is a genius
<Although i didnt gave my vote to congress>

We have a great Trinity ..
Dr. Manmohan - PM
The gr8 Dr. A.P.J. Abul Kalam - The President
And the FM - P.Chidambaram

I hope they can make things better ... the way Dr. Manmohan did in 1991 finance policy

and if he dont hav to do ji soniya ji

mohit

The Hardware Labs
the price is steep now but will fall gradually ... both these handsets are excellent though ... really neat stuff.

I read that 6680 has a lose (rear) camera cover which opens easily and when you don't intend it to open. Read Russel Beattie's review, posted in this section. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25337
Also the front camera is awkwardly positioned, and when the phone is held normally it focuses on the ceiling instead of the users face.

Keith

Charley

Just Do It
Keith Sebastian said:
I read that 6680 has a lose (rear) camera cover which opens easily and when you don't intend it to open. Read Russel Beattie's review, posted in this section. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25337
Also the front camera is awkwardly positioned, and when the phone is held normally it focuses on the ceiling instead of the users face.

Keith

Not only that , software problems exist on that set[6680], thats why they brought out 6681

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
The 6681 was not a replacement for the 6680. It was just a cheaper, less feature-rich version of the 6680. IT lacks the second cam and some other stuff. On paper though, the 6680 looks good. I have no idea about these problems plaguing it :D Maybe Nokia overlooked some details.

Charley

Just Do It
Nemesis said:
It was just a cheaper, less feature-rich version of the 6680.

Yes it is cheaper than 6680 ......

But has much more improved[rich] features than 6680 ... It has a better display and a lens cover than 6680. And also not to forget the 3G support, video camera is mounted on the front cover and the memory is bigger in this model.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Mate, you have the two phones confused. 6680 is the one with 3G support, a second cam [video cam for video conferencing] and more memory. ;)

Besides, both phones have a sliding lens cover and a 262k display. Check it out for yourself:

Do you really think that Nokia will give you more features at a lower price? :lol:

kaysquare

Journeyman
6680,6681 and N70 are bulky

See this link below where they compare the sizes of the newest HTC smartphone and N70

*www.mobile-review.com/pda/review/htc-hurricane-en.shtml

magnet

Youngling
c.....mobile has become style symbol.........so ppl keeps on changing it everytime......once they c their frnd got the same stuff......since its new...nokia will try to reduce the burden on ppls pocket to them....when theyll come to know...mor stuff sold of same thing.....they will try to bring new models....and try to reduce xcess stock to limit.......also sometimes flop models r sold damn
cheaper but with there profit margin reduced(e.g 7710)....but r damn good phones

phooka

Broken In
no way man!! nokia way too overpriced !! sony ericsson much better . Wait for the W800 model if you r really willing to spend that much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom