People any thoughts on the Nokia X7? I know about the pit falls but the thing is I am getting an irresistible offer to get the phone at a throw away price. And would be decent upgrade for me!

aniket.cain

Padawan
People any thoughts on the Nokia X7? I know about the pit falls but the thing is I am getting an irresistible offer to get the phone at a throw away price. And would be decent upgrade for me!

Apart from the Fixed focus camera, it has nothing wrong for a Symbian phone. Read the review on gsmarena.com.

But for the same price, you could get an N8 right now, with a smaller screen but much better camera.

GERMZ

Banned
Nice phone. A friend of mine got it , i like the screen quite a bit. Very nice and large. The Anna update is also worth it. I would say go for it !

GERMZ

Banned
Looks good Tumbleweed ! Enjoy. What are your first impressions of the phone ? Are the speakers exceptionally good ?

OP
T

tumbleweed

Banned
I found the speakers to be loud and refined too. Like N73 had a loudspeaker which was all loud. X7 brings a refreshing change too.

And according the Gsmarena review they rated the X7 with good.

Even on the headset the sound quality is good. Nothing to brag about though.

GERMZ

Banned
A friend of mine is interested in this handset. He wants a bit of gaming but also the excellent designs and battery life of Nokia handsets. Should i recommend the X7 to him ? Would love some feedback Tumbleweed

OP
T

tumbleweed

Banned
A friend of mine is interested in this handset. He wants a bit of gaming but also the excellent designs and battery life of Nokia handsets. Should i recommend the X7 to him ? Would love some feedback Tumbleweed

I love my X7. The screen is so bright, I love watching videos & movies over the phone during my commute. The battery life is not a cake winner. Can easily be worked upon with discretive usage, decreasing the brightness when idle, Wlan scouting can be disabled at times too.

Gaming gives a surreal feel of the device at hand. I played couple of games such as Asphalt. One word nice. The responsiveness of the touch & motion gaming is surprisingly better than I had expected.

^That's all I could come up for now.

Last edited:

GERMZ

Banned
Ok , so i've been using my friends new X7 for a few days now. The phone is definitely very nice. Feels fantastic in the hand. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a fantastic feeling multimedia powerhouse ! Plays pretty much every format out there !

Even I'm planning to buy a new phone in that range. I am inclined towards X7. I am more concerned about the battery life more than anything.

How much would it last on an average usage? And without focus, how good the camera performance is? I hear the music performance is pretty good and the phone is definitely a looker!

How does it compare to LG Optimus Black and Desire S?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
picture quality is okayish but video quality is just superb. I get just one day of battery life. Do make sure you keep the widgets in offline mode when not in use and it should stay on till end of day. It certainly recommend it over O:B but not over D:S. In fact, it is a bit overpriced and I think N8 does lot more and gives better battery life (and it's price just 1k more). It is getting Anna update in a month's time. The right price for this phone would be around 17k right now.

yeah...I am also concerned with the price only. If I am spending 20.5k on X7, I might as well add 1.5k more and get D:S. X7 scores in screen size, music and sturdiness while D:S on OS-Android is for the future, Symbian is not.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yeah...I am also concerned with the price only. If I am spending 20.5k on X7, I might as well add 1.5k more and get D:S. X7 scores in screen size, music and sturdiness while D:S on OS-Android is for the future, Symbian is not.

If you are least bit bothered about camera, I think a 19.5k Nexus S is better D:S. For the 4k saved, get a 16gig or 32 gig class 10 or higher SD card.

GERMZ

Banned
^^ atleast for music , the X7 wins IMO. It just sounds fantastic ! EDOF is fine for non macro usage.. liking my friends phone a lot. Also videos taking from it are amazing.

The screen on this one is easily one of the best i've used in a while though resolution is a bit of a letdown.

Top Bottom