Nokia to unveil something on 7th sept

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Nokia has started building up hype for its forthcoming Nokia World Event and has placed massive banners outside its shuttered Nokia Store in Helsinki announcing 'something amazing is coming' on September 7. It's notable Nokia World is scheduled to be held in the same city on September 5 and 6.

My Nokia Blog has posted an image of the store that has a QR Code that leads to NokiaGraffiti.me, a website which allows one to turn a picture into a graffiti-like image. Nokia also promises to disclose more next week. The Nokia teaser has triggered all sorts of speculations on the web.

It's speculated that the teaser could be related to products that will be unveiled at the event. Nokia could announce a new Windows Phone 8 handset on the 5th and make it available on the 7th.

However, speculations include the possibility the teaser could be unrelated to any product launch and is just the date of the launch of the store, which looks to be under renovation. Also, it's unlikely that a product will start shipping within a couple of days of the launch.

The Next Web in its report speculates Nokia might update its Lumia line of smartphones by adding much needed support for the new Windows Phone 8. What do you think Nokia is going to launch – a Windows Phone 8 handset, Symbian or accessories or a Nokia tablet? Let us know in the comments section below:

Nokia to unveil 'something amazing' on September 7 - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

Cool what might it be a win 8 phone ?
I hope its an android :D.But it wont be :(

Krow

Crowman
Nokia to unveil 'something amazing' on September 7 - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

Cool what might it be a win 8 phone ?
I hope its an android :D.But it wont be :(

I am glad it won't be an Android. At least MS rolls out regular software updates, unlike most Android handset makers. I'm sick of Android's slow updates.

rider

as Kratos
I'm sure it would be some windows 8 mobile.

I wish it would come with same pureview 41MP camera.

Hrishi

I think they will be revealing multiple products including Windows 8 Based tablets , and some high end Lumia stuff.
I also smell the release of Nokia Concept phones being turned into reality .

Btw, the store has a pic of QR code and W7 has inbuilt ability to decode these codes.

As far as Android is concerned , I don't think Nokia will go for it.
Even I wont be fancied by Any Android based Nokia phone.

Nokia has been busy today announcing financial numbers from the past quarter, but CEO Stephen Elop wants to talk about the future. Elop talked about differentiation, and their unique abilities. Elop said that Nokia clearly has more opportunity in differentiation with the Lumia devices.

He also reiterated what most of us already know, that WP7 in its current state is restrictive. He says that’s because Nokia was late to the game with Windows Phone. This leads us to believe that Nokia is having some input in Windows Phone 8. It sounds like he’s saying “before we came around to fix things the OS was very restrictive.” Only time will tell.

Top Bottom