Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, LG etc. to produce standard phone charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujoyp

Grand Master
The GSMA has announced a plan for major phone manufacturers to produce one standard charger that would work with all handset brands, using a microUSB plug as the connection point (not miniUSB, as some sites have reported). The plan has the backing of almost every major phone maker, and if it succeeds presumably the rest of the phone industry will fall into line too. There are already some phones which do charge from microUSB, and the aim is to make most new models use standard chargers by 2012.

Source :*www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/8985_Nokia_Samsung_Sony_Ericsson_Mo.php

Its a good news for me....I have soo many chargers 2 different type of SE charger...2 different type of Nokia chargers...I hope this will sort out my problems:D

utsav

damn busy...
Re: Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, LG etc. to produce standard phone charge

2012?? fcuk!! y everytime something good is done so slow ??

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Re: Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, LG etc. to produce standard phone charge

It will save a lot of hassles.. I have two nokia chargers, one LG and one SE at my home.
At rush hour it becomes too difficult to get the right one of the pile.

BTW this has been posted earlier too :razz:

hahahari

In the zone

Wow nice move

k4ce

Youngling

finally some sense prevails ... but why 2012 ... hope sony makes 3.5 jack standard atleast then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom