Nokia Pc Suite Not Detecting My 3230 Phone!! Plzzzzz Help Me***

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
I've Nokia 3230 and Nokia PC SUITE 6.80.22 for 3230 downloaded from internet. It was working fine from 4 month, and recently i upgaraded my system to INTEL CELERON D, 2.66Ghz, 512 MB Ram, winXP Pro SP2 with latest autopatcher. After upgrading it stops working.

I mean pc suite is not detecting my phone. When i click on "MANAGE CONNECTION" it gives this error message:

Nokia PC Suite- Get Connected
There is no available connection type and therfore connection to phone cannot be established. The Wizard will exit.

<OK>

After clicking on OK this error message:

Failed to detect connection types! Please reinstall Nokia PC Suite.

<OK>

and in nokia connection manager i got this error message:

Nokia Connection Manager

Cannot use the media modules.Please reinstall Nokia PC Suite.
(Code: MMListEmpty)

In Device manager it showing all hardware related NOKIA 3230 MOBILE like:
MODEMS >>Nokia 3230 USB MODEM

WIRELESS COMMUNICATION DEVICES>>
Nokia 3230 USB OBEX
Nokia 3230 USB OBEX
Nokia 3230 USB Phone Parent

In system info of NOKIA PC SUITE its shows like this:
Operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP
Build 2600
Service Pack 2, v.2096
Language: English (United States)
Language for non-Unicode programs: English (United States)
Locale: English (United States)
Input language: English (United States)

Nokia PC Suite:
Version 6.80.22
Language: English

Connectivity Cable Drivers:
Version 6.80.5.1

No supported Bluetooth stack found

I've 6 USB port and all are OK. I've local DKU-2 cable. Now tell me how can i solve this problem??????? I've also re-installed PC SUITE, but still not working..
[:(]

KUMAR SAURAV (PATNA)

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
try an older version of pc suite, as the newer ones are said to have compatibility problems with older fones, or there could be something wrong with your usb ports....

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
My other LG, SAMSUNG phone working fine with all usb ports. and also i installed old version of pc suite but same prob.

Nokia Connection Manager

Cannot use the media modules.Please reinstall Nokia PC Suite.
(Code: MMListEmpty)

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
disable all those devices
MODEMS >>Nokia 3230 USB MODEM

WIRELESS COMMUNICATION DEVICES>>
Nokia 3230 USB OBEX
Nokia 3230 USB OBEX
Nokia 3230 USB Phone Parent

do it through device manager & then try.

paul_007

Padawan
i think DKU-2 is having issues with 3230 specially with SP2 , i also faced same problem.....so i purchased CA53 data cable(original) and there were no problems....i am using this since 6 months...

as far as data cables are concerned always go for original as data transfers are faster and good life...

T

titun

If you think ur data cable/USB ports are Ok, then

-- uninstall PC SUITE, cable driver, and other things installed with the PC SUITE.
-- Search in the C DRIVE for any file/folder named "nokia", "pc suite" and delete them.
-- Then clean junk files using CCleaner/System Mechanic or whatever sys cleaning s/w u have.
-- Reboot.
-- Install PC suite again.( if the cable came with a driver CD, which might be containing an older version of PCSUITE, then install from d cd, after successful installation/connection, you can install the new version PC SUITE. This will be better, trust me)
-- This should solve the problem, coz I have faced same errors suddenly out of no where 3/4 times recently & this is exactly what I do. Btw I use NOKIA 6070 + local CA 42 cable.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
hey nic and titun..... i did everything..... My SYSTEM is new. on my old pc it was working fine........

i dont know whats the prob. SYSTEM is faulty, or mobile is faulty, software (suite) is faulty... or data cable is faulty......

Now plzzzzzzzzzzzz suggest me to buy card reader and a bluetooth device with current price!!

and if u can solve my problem, then plzzz help me... i've2transfer my contact book to my system.

great_manish

Journeyman
hmmm....
do the following....
>>reinstall pc-suite (dont plug in the data cable yet...)
>>after re-installation plug-in the data cable into a usb port u havent used bfore...the phone will now be detected as a new device n should work fine...

note>>do not plug-in the mobile during or before installation of pc-suite
>>try using the version provided by nokia with the phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom