Nokia N97 mini

ziha786

Journeyman
@ Ankur
after registering N97 mini i got a call from nokia priority dealer...i want to see demo first but they told me there is no live demo...so is there any support if i want to see demo first on South Delhi.

sdmaverick

Journeyman
Hi guys! Got a demo of the N97 Mini here in South Delhi yesterday...amazing fone this, the N97 Mini...:twisted:

U can reserve it online at : *tinyurl.com/ycuk4er

Cheers!

rehan_mahmood

Broken In
@sdmaverick
Howzz ur experience bro?? Ws it better dn N97?? Features wise?? Did u find sumthing new in MINI??? Except small size n reduction in memory??

sdmaverick

Journeyman
@rehan

howre u doing m8 :razz:Yep, the Mini is much much much better in terms of the response and the looks...when i tried out the device, it had some 100 odd songs and 3 movies on the device and must say that the fone response was indeed satisfactory...really liked the metallic back finish also :)

Will be uploading a few pics shortly for all :)

cheers!

Flipper13

Right off the assembly line
even i went to nokia priority in greenpark, delhi and checked out the N97 mini. Looks to a promising device since they have addressed the faults in the classic n97. I might think buying it :oops:

crapface

Broken In
I ws planning to buy a new N97 mini... Bt m a vry frequent user of yahoo messenger n al ma frnds are at Yahoo IM.. Wantd to knw does it has Nokia native im application? Which allows me configure the yahoo im ?

digitalkrish

Broken In
@ crapface

Ya.. U cn configure your Yahoo IM in N97 mini.. It has an application called Fringe which has Yahoo Messenger support.. :)

rehan_mahmood

Broken In
@ sandeep

The price in Delhi for N97 mini is 27999/-. U cn consult your nearest Nokia Priority Dealer for the exact price in your range..

sachin07

i have visited the npd n the n 97 mini was awesome but it is too pricy priced at 27k i think it shld have come down to 22k.

sdmaverick

Journeyman
Hey guys, check out the initial impressions from Mark on the N97 Mini:

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p_mD0J8u_8&feature=player_embedded

Cheers!

GERMZ

Banned
Hey, check out what slashgear has to say about the mini as well...these guys have put a comprehensive review

*www.slashgear.com/nokia-n97-mini-review-2464327/

Last edited:

talwar

Broken In
Finally I got My N97 mini speculations about a more compact version of N97.As expected, it has more compact size, weight and smaller display than the N97,but its hardware is almost the same – 434MHz ARM11 processor, GPS,Wi-Fi and 3G functionality and the only hardware feature that´s been slashed on is the amount of built-in memory, from 32GB to 8GB.

*www.realgeek.com/blog/files/2009/09/nokia-97-mini.jpg

I got These Accesories In the box-

The Nokia N97 mini, Charger, MicroUSB cable, Stereo headset, User guide, Software CD.

The design is the smaller version of N97 but better quality and feels much more pleasing in your hand.To top it off, it´s more compact and carrying it about in the pocket of your trousers or jeans is by no means uncomfortable.

The more compact size has led to a smaller display.It measures 3.2 inches (the N97 comes with a 3.5-inch one), but is also resistive,with native resolution of 360x640 pixels and supports 16 mln colors.It delivers pleasing images with saturated colors in artificial lighting conditions,but is rather mediocre in direct sunlight.Its
sensitivity is normal and if you press harder, The proximity and light sensitivity sensors are above the screen again,along with the video call camera.The send and end keys are resistive and have retained the overall styling of the N97.I didn’t have any problems using them, because i didn’t encounter unregistered presses,the tactile feedback was pronounced all the time and they are properly backlit in the dark.

A side from them, there is a rather ordinary button that provides access to the main menu and task manager.It´s easy to use and its white backlighting acts as a blinking indicator for missed events.

The slider mechanism performs similarly to the one the N97 is equipped with.It´s quite tight and opens sharply, but closes slowly and smoothly.One of the differences to the N97 is the lack of D-Pad built into the QWERTY keyboard and i liked that.Despite the smaller dimensions of the handset,the size of the keys remains the same and the space in between is more than enough to prevent erroneous pressing of two buttons at the same time.

The keyboard allows for fast and error-free text entry,despite the the fact that keys lack enough travel and doesn’t feel pleasing to use.Anyway, I still like it better than the keyboard of Nokia´s flagship.
There are no changes on either side of the handset alongside of the N97 and the only difference is that the volume rocker feels handier to press.

The back is similar to the N97 – the lower part is slightly raised and the phone doesn’t tilt to its side when set on flat surface.
Unfortunately, the 5-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss Tessar optics and double LED flash seem to have parted ways with the sliding cover that would have protected it against scratches.

Last edited:

crapface

Broken In
@ talwar

Thanx for the info bro!! :)
U dint get the pouch n stylus with it??
Is the camera of both N97 mini n N97 the same?
Is there any LED flash in it?? N is it scratchproof? N in what price did u get ur handset?

Last edited:

digitalkrish

Broken In
Hey people! M using 5800 currently!
Jst wanted to knw what is the difference in the screen response of N97 mini, N97 n my 5800??

ankur10

Broken In
Some good apps needed for my new N97 mini.. Cn any 1 recommend some good n useful apps for my phone? n frm where 2 download?

BIGGIE

@talwar

Is screen big enough for web browsing???? N how ws ur experience using gps??

talwar

Broken In
Didn't get Pouch and Stylus...and the camera is same as N97(5MP)....with dual LED flash...also there is no camera cover for camera lens....and the price is 27,999/-

@ talwar

Thanx for the info bro!! :)
U dint get the pouch n stylus with it??
Is the camera of both N97 mini n N97 the same?
Is there any LED flash in it?? N is it scratchproof? N in what price did u get ur handset?

Top Bottom