Nokia N900, Xperia X10, Motorola Milestone !

ziha786

Journeyman
Get your special N900 maemo master edition
*themeegoblog.com/2010/06/08/announcing-the-maemo-masters-invitational/

aditimathur

Right off the assembly line
Ok so i just checked at the Nokia Priority Dealer here in Lajpat Nagar , The dealer price is Rs. 24,545. I think at that price this is one of the best smartphones available ! What do you think ? Should i go in for the N900 then ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
24k is a great price:p

But just remember some points before getting it
1. Landscape view
2. No official Meego update
3. Very less Application and games

Rest is ur choice:)

Ok so i just checked at the Nokia Priority Dealer here in Lajpat Nagar , The dealer price is Rs. 24,545. I think at that price this is one of the best smartphones available ! What do you think ? Should i go in for the N900 then ?

Yes go for it. 24 is worth for such a high end handset. Can you tell me the name of that shop and the exact location?

Last edited:

aditimathur

A friend of mine checked it for me at the Lajpat Nagar Priority Dealer. Check with others as well...

The web browser and media player on this thing are good enough to convince me to get this device. Hopefully i should have it by next week....

@Maverick : Do post pics when you get it.

A friend of mine checked it for me at the Lajpat Nagar Priority Dealer. Check with others as well...

The web browser and media player on this thing are good enough to convince me to get this device. Hopefully i should have it by next week....

@Maverick : Do post pics when you get it.

OK yesterday night I went to Nokia Priority dealers those demantic fools didn't have it in stock, but they promised that, they will definately get the supply today. And yes it does have support for divx, and in addition you can install more 3rd party softwares.

*maemo.org/downloads/Maemo5/

This is open source so these softwares are always free of cost

nikhilpai

Techans
I have received my trial N900 from Nokia!
I am using it since yesterday & will be using it for 2 more weeks! Anyone has any questions about the phone, please feel free to ask!

aditimathur

I have received my trial N900 from Nokia!
I am using it since yesterday & will be using it for 2 more weeks! Anyone has any questions about the phone, please feel free to ask!

Awesome ! Lucky you :D I will probably buy one tomorrow... Do you think it is worth it ? The dealership is selling it for 26,000.

nikhilpai

Techans
Awesome ! Lucky you :D I will probably buy one tomorrow... Do you think it is worth it ? The dealership is selling it for 26,000.

My first impressions after using the N900 for 2 days:

Positives:
1. The display is breathtaking. Its beautiful.
2. Multitasking on the N900 is one of the best I have seen. The multitasking interface is just awesome.
3. Google Talk & Facebook chat integration on the phone is brilliant. I will go as far as to say this is the best implementation of Google Talk on a mobile. Period.
4. Internet browser is superb. Its as good as a desktop browser.
5. Email client is neat & the Nokia Messaging integration in seamless. There's no separate Nokia Messaging client like on Symbian. It just integrates the service in the default email client.
6. Camera quality is decent.

Negatives:
1. Its very thick & bulky. Of course everyone knows that. So less said the better.
2. Lack of portrait mode is a MAJOR letdown. Prevents one handed use of the phone (except while using the phone functions & internet browser)
3. Getting to the phone dialer & calling requires more clicks than it should. The result of the device being a tablet device first & a phone later. Edit: Discovered smart dialing which eases this problem somewhat!
4. No decent Twitter app: My biggest gripe with the phone.
5. Overall number of apps are quite less. There are apps which no other platform has such as KMPlayer & Pidgin but many apps available for Android & iPhone are missing.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

it is worth if you are one of those who like to change the face of the OS by modding etc. for normal use, there are better phones out there.

My first impressions after using the N900 for 2 days:

Positives:
1. The display is breathtaking. Its beautiful.
2. Multitasking on the N900 is one of the best I have seen. The multitasking interface is just awesome.
3. Google Talk & Facebook chat integration on the phone is brilliant. I will go as far as to say this is the best implementation of Google Talk on a mobile. Period.
4. Internet browser is superb. Its as good as a desktop browser.
5. Email client is neat & the Nokia Messaging integration in seamless. There's no separate Nokia Messaging client like on Symbian. It just integrates the service in the default email client.
6. Camera quality is decent.

Negatives:
1. Its very thick & bulky. Of course everyone knows that. So less said the better.
2. Lack of portrait mode is a MAJOR letdown. Prevents one handed use of the phone (except while using the phone functions)
3. Getting to the phone dialer & calling requires more clicks than it should. The result of the device being a tablet device first & a phone later.
4. No decent Twitter app: There's only Witter app for Twitter which is nowhere close to what other Twitter apps provide on other platforms.
5. Overall number of apps are quite less.

Let me know if you need anything else.

I baught it on saturday. I have yet to explore it fully. My biggest query is, since we have the latest firmware in which skype is enabled, but there is no option of skype in VoIP and IM settings. So how can we get the skype

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I baught it on saturday. I have yet to explore it fully. My biggest query is, since we have the latest firmware in which skype is enabled, but there is no option of skype in VoIP and IM settings. So how can we get the skype

If i am right, Skype is disabled for N900 in India.
anyways, this might help:

*support.skype.com/category/SKYPE_FOR_NOKIA_N900/

donzeye

Broken In
i am hoping that i am eligible for the N900 special edition.. the week 1 winners will be announced tom :) the N900 special edition comes with a BH-214 Bluetooth Stereo Headset, Maemo Master T-Shirt and some goodies..
*maemomasters.com/

Kvishal

In the zone
Surprising all of sudden everyone here seems to have started liking the N900. Guess what, people here are now talking about how the N900 is better. At one point of some people here were only talking about how the N900 is bad.

This new change in opinion especially by people who did some N900 bashing earlier, makes me wonder if it was only coz of the frustration of N900 not being available in India at that point of time...

Top Bottom