Nokia N900, Xperia X10, Motorola Milestone !

one can do more on N900 in the beginning but after few weeks time, there will be more that can be done with Milestone. Android is progressing well while Maemo has come to a halt. The only way to progress is to use cooked custome MeeGo ROM.

Yeah it is true that there is more commercial support for the Android OS but as i said , this is a geeky phone. This phone is the best if you like fiddling around with stuff :p

Ethereal

Broken In
The community on Android is the best and among the most active i have ever seen. For everything you want there is probably an application ! Its amazing... recently users have even managed to bring USB on the go to the device !

You might want to try apps like Vagalume if you want last.fm and Mauku for twitter.

Ethereal

Broken In
I didnt really like Witter but Tweego works quite well. The FM Radio app is a must get as it makes good use of the onboard FM Radio Chip.

Btw... How do you like the keyboard on the device ? Coming from an E72 , i am really appreciating the bigger sized keyboard on the N900.

Loving the hardware keyboard dude... I am coming from a T9 device so this is a pretty big change for me but i was right at home with the keyboard very quickly. The keyboard is just about the perfect size and i must say that it is impossible to imagine a modern day smartphone without a keyboard....

N900 Rocks !

GERMZ

Banned
Yes the keyboard is good. The kickstand according to me is the more interesting addition. I can just prop up the device on the kickstand and watch movies :)

Kvishal

In the zone
Guys but seriously speaking I felt that the screen of N900 is a little late in reacting, in response. Maybe coz it is Resistive and Not Capacitive.
I mean the spiral zoom feature in N900 is just irritating. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I didn't find that problem with the Multi-touch feature in Milestone. Especially when you are on a webpage and you wanna zoom in a thing.The Multitouch Zoom in Milestone is amazing.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys but seriously speaking I felt that the screen of N900 is a little late in reacting, in response. Maybe coz it is Resistive and Not Capacitive.
I mean the spiral zoom feature in N900 is just irritating. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I didn't find that problem with the Multi-touch feature in Milestone. Especially when you are on a webpage and you wanna zoom in a thing.The Multitouch Zoom in Milestone is amazing.

yes. it's due to the resistive touch. you can't do multitouch gestures on resistive touch display.

Ethereal

Broken In
The lack of multitouch is due to resistive but i personally feel that the resistive touchscreen gives you more precision while browsing. I can actually use Google Docs on this device perfectly ! Perfect !

Google Docs qorks quite well on the N900 but i use Gnumeric for editing Excel spreadsheets. Along with Gnumeric , Abiword is a great word processing replacement.

GERMZ

Banned
Do you know you can run Debian applications on the N900 ? That alone gives you such a hige application gallery !

Ethereal

Broken In
Yes. I also managed to run Android on my N900 with the NITDroid Application. There are so many network management applications on the N900 which make this an extremely fun device to use !

If anyone is interested in getting the N900 , there seems to be a pretty good deal on TechEnclave where a guy is giving away a free stereo bluetooth headset n some other swag along with the N900... check it out here TechEnclave

I think you guys should read this artical

Why Symbian AND MeeGo Are Best For Nokia?!?

and then you will realize how good Maemo / MeeGo is compared to Android

Yes MeeGo isn’t a smartphone OS. It is the same Linux you use on your desktops, netbooks and servers with some added parts to make it adaptable to not only smartphones, but almost anything that could run an embedded OS.

So its much more advanced than Android

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yeah, plus it also clears the air about Android being so fast...obviously, if you use fastest processors available for mobile handsets, they will obviously run smooth and faster than those running at half the speed.

GERMZ

Banned
So i spoke to the guy who is offering the free swag with the N900 over on Techenclave and i'm gonna put up the same offer here on this forum on his behalf. So you can get a new N900 for about Rs. 24,000 with free stuff worth over 4000 rupees.

You should just take a look at the original thread too.... TechEnclave

Top Bottom