Nokia N900, Xperia X10, Motorola Milestone !

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
OK if it is priced with N97mini then its worth.... thats around 22k

It will have a comparable competition with SE Vivaz, HTC Hero/Legend

30 application...hmm seems like Omnia HD is getting a competitor
check this *www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieSR97Ar8Ew&feature=player_embedded

N900 is what they Call "THE FORCE"

red dragon

Master troll
It is something like, even if a Gem is given to a Moron he would still not realize,understand its true potential.

So if you dont have the brains or the intelligence to explore all the features in a gadget maybe you should not be wasting your's and everyone's time here.

Just to give an example here which phone have you come across which gives u the freedom to have 30 applications running all at the same time and switch between them without having to close any of them...
So Mr. intelligent,have you seen or used any phone that is being discussed in this thread? You were really serious about the computer thing,do not want to argue with you or anything,but seriously you are funny.First, high end gaming now 30 apps,what is next?photoshop may be.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
stop behaving like a kid.
If you think N900 with A8 600 MHz is a computer in a pocket? does it mean that snapdragon powered devices are supercomputer clusters in a pocket?
Even on my HTC Legend, I have a dozen apps running many times and do multitasking but when or earth will you keep 30 apps running. That would drain a battery before you finish listening to a music album.

And please oh please. Stop this open source, multitasking ****. coz Android is as open source as Maemo and it's easier to write apps for android thanks to Java support. And Android does multitasking. Also, please read the manuals. Cortex A8 is history. A9, Qualcomm Snapdragon (maybe Tegra 2) is the future!

let me make it lot more simpler for you:

*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2917&idPhone2=3077

HTC Desire has

bigger display
double the RAM
faster processor
7mm thinner and 50gms lighter
multitouch capacitive touch display
landscape and portrait operation

More comparisons to come!

Well I guess it is indiviual choice and preference, I for one just do not look only at an OS while buying a Mobile Phone.

For me it is a bundle of a lot of things...

red dragon

Master troll
Well I guess it is indiviual choice and preference, I for one just do not look only at an OS while buying a Mobile Phone.

And nokia n900 fits the bill right?Can you please enlighten us with few components of the bundle?Apart from the 30 or 300 apps together.Will be highly obliged if you mention a few HIGH END games you want to play in THE FORCE with the great 3D graphics.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

care to explain what the bundle of lot of things are?

I use my phone for:

1) calling and texting
2) twitter
3) fun games
4) writing blogs
5) emails
6) browsing
7) internet banking
8) music
9) radio
10) podcasts (audio and video)
11) chat with buddies using gtalk, meebo
12) read ebooks

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
Guys just coz u guys do not own the N900 and have some other phone and so you do not want to appreciate a true performer. I cant help it !

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Guys just coz u guys do not own the N900 and have some other phone and so you do not want to appreciate a true performer. I cant help it !

WTH!!!

N900 review on my blog : *bandla.wordpress.com/

need any more reasoning from me?

You are not helping yourself. N900 is History. maemo 5 is history. you better understand it sooner.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
It is something like, even if a Gem is given to a Moron he would still not realize,understand its true potential.

So if you dont have the brains or the intelligence to explore all the features in a gadget maybe you should not be wasting your's and everyone's time here.

Just to give an example here which phone have you come across which gives u the freedom to have 30 applications running all at the same time and switch between them without having to close any of them...

N900 is what they Call "THE FORCE"

Whoa Dude, seriously have you ever tried any of the current high-end models or have you atleast looked at their Spec sheet??

Or Did you wake up from Hibernation just now??

What is that bundle of things sirjee?? To use your phone as a brick to bang someone's head????

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Whoa Dude, seriously have you ever tried any of the current high-end models or have you atleast looked at their Spec sheet??

Or Did you wake up from Hibernation just now??

What is that bundle of things sirjee?? To use your phone as a brick to bang someone's head????

why do I have a feeling that he is one of those Nokia and Linux fanboys who are not aware that Android too is linux based :)

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

True performer??? In what sense??

Haha I think Desiibond hit the nail on the coffin :grin:

@desiibond

For me he looks like a total noob , who came across some old mag or news showing then N900 as the next pocket computer ;) and starts thinking its the crown jewel among Smart phones :p

@augustya
Dude N900 is history, look at the other options if you really want to spend that much , If you are a connoisseur of bygone things then go ahead and get one ;)

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@augustya, if you want to argue, argue rationally.. Give us solid facts as to why you think its the be all and end all of mobile phones. Else, there is no use of you posting in this thread.

You first talked about hardware. Most recent phones have around twice the hardware specs of N900. Then you talked about apps and multitasking. Android has a HUGE market and there are thousands of apps available! N900 is not even 1% compared to Android! No point in running 30 apps simultaneously if there *are* only 30 apps available to install :/

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@augustya, looks like its exactly a month since you started this thread. Have you concluded anything??? Which one did you finalize(if you finalized that is ;))

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
WTH!!!

N900 review on my blog : *bandla.wordpress.com/

need any more reasoning from me?

You are not helping yourself. N900 is History. maemo 5 is history. you better understand it sooner.

I can give you another thousand reviews done by some real Tech Guru's who have called it the Phone of the decade. And BTW I have not even heard your name, before you started replying to my post, so I would not really take reviews done by people like you who are newbies and claiming to be some Tech Wizard and pretending to have adequate knowledge to do a Tech Review...But anyways it a free world.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i can give you another thousand reviews done by some real tech guru's who have called it the phone of the decade. And btw i have not even heard your name, before you started replying to my post, so i would not really take reviews done by people like you who are newbies and claiming to be some tech wizard and pretending to have adequate knowledge to do a tech review...but anyways it a free world.

roflmao!!!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
You are just going on.. You say N900 is awesome but you have yet to give any concrete point as to WHY it is awesome..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The N900 is more of a developers phone like the Nexus 1 and isnt meant for the masses. The N900, with its uber bulky physique and goliath-like dimensions appeal to a niche crowd which mostly include developers. In fact, lets not go overboard here with the N900s constraints. It is and will remain a more versatile and powerful OS than the Android can ever be given its Debian and GNOME base. And please guys, DONT confuse Maemo with Meego. They are two completely different entities. The N900 was more of a trial run. The juicy stuff should be announced later this fall when Meego/harmattan would finally be announced and shall have all the bells and whistles of Android and the customizations of Maemo. A force to reckon then. The N900 is a no brainer since Nokia themselves have given up on the experiment and are looking ahead. If it was possible to upgrade the N900 to harmattan, it probably would have been a good buy given the present chasis of smartphones.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
And BTW I have not even heard your name, before you started replying to my post, so I would not really take reviews done by people like you who are newbies and claiming to be some Tech Wizard and pretending to have adequate knowledge to do a Tech Review...But anyways it a free world.

Man, look at his post counts, they are not made by spamming. He's here b4 many of us.

And, yes, many of here including believe in his verdicts in gadgets.

And, as Oracle told in Matrix "You have already decided what you want to buy, you are just trying to know why" ;-)

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
The N900 is more of a developers phone like the Nexus 1 and isnt meant for the masses. The N900, with its uber bulky physique and goliath-like dimensions appeal to a niche crowd which mostly include developers. In fact, lets not go overboard here with the N900s constraints. It is and will remain a more versatile and powerful OS than the Android can ever be given its Debian and GNOME base. And please guys, DONT confuse Maemo with Meego. They are two completely different entities. The N900 was more of a trial run. The juicy stuff should be announced later this fall when Meego/harmattan would finally be announced and shall have all the bells and whistles of Android and the customizations of Maemo. A force to reckon then. The N900 is a no brainer since Nokia themselves have given up on the experiment and are looking ahead. If it was possible to upgrade the N900 to harmattan, it probably would have been a good buy given the present chasis of smartphones.

Nokia is working on the third Firmware Update Release PR 1.2 for Maemo-N900 so who says they have given up on the N900. And there is also a talk on the Maemo community that when Meego will be launched the N900 users will have an option to upgrade to the Meego...Will that not be a Blessing in disguise.

Yes But having said all this I do agree that People around the world are kind of not very happy with the way Nokia has Managed Maemo and now they keep on releasing-delaying software patches called Firmware Updates which are making people all around the world Go-Bonkers coz this new update that they are talking about has promised a lot of things and since last 2 months or so they have kept on delaying it. People are a little edgy about it coz apparently it will completely change the N900 with its existing features. Lot of features have been replaced with some new ones like. Portrait Mode has been included,Video calling made available thru Skype and GTALK etc...

Well, it makes current user in the World who have it, to play with it. But with us in India if it has been so much delayed..Frankly Nokia is gonna launch a partly obselete device, which people all across the world have either done a lot with or they have started looking beyond it.

But having said that it is too good a phone to be Ignored...

red dragon

Master troll
Yes you should be saying this "Rolling On Floor, Laughing My A$$ Off" to yourself. :lol:

Being so Biased !! :grin:
It is your money mate,waste it on a brick if you want to.Bond is a respected member in this forum,if you do not want to listen to the wiser members,why post in the first place?Look mate, no matter what you say or think,these guys know a lot more than you.

Top Bottom