Nokia N900, Xperia X10, Motorola Milestone !

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
All the talk about carl zeiss lens is crap. Check out the image samples for both the phone sin gsmarena and let me know which one you like better. FM Radio should be available for the x10 once it is rooted.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ augustya....so u say that 600mhz can perform like 1 ghz and 256 ram=384 ram....:p

The only thing u said
So one really needs to test both the phone to their limits to find out how much of this marginal tech gap makes a difference.

Soo that goes for all mobiles;-)

And even my 5800 have a carl zeiss lens:p

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Haha..Seems like yogi wants to get the ball rolling in my court. :D
If you think so..whichever you find convenient. :D
Btw, don't wait for the N8, its scheduled for september, by which SE and samsung would be ready with their phones with much better optics.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Dude X10 is much better than the rest of them... on paper and in actual too.. have used it once and I liked it very much..

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
But this difference that you have pointed out in Processor and RAM is Marginal. And it is so Marginal, which is covered up by Nokia by giving Features like FM Radio, Carl Zeiss Lens for a better pictuire quality Etc...which the X10 does not have.So one really needs to test both the phone to their limits to find out how much of this marginal tech gap makes a difference.

There is no way a 1G processor is similar to 600 Mhz or whatever and that is in no way a marginal change. Although a better processor and crappy software wont make you feel like the fastest on the block either.

Also I think that if FM radio was that important for your use then you would have mentioned it in your list of needs which you didn't. I'm willing to bet that the X10 and the N900 pictures are negligible in quality difference at best or at least there isn't going to be anything ground breaking which would recommend the difference.

Prioritize your needs and then purchase a phone that you are going to need based on the above needs instead of jumping on the Android and Maemo bandwagon.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
If you're stuck between N900 and X10, better go for X10.
The audio and video quality in X10 is amazing. And you can make use of Android market which has 35000+ apps and growing. Believe me there are a lot of great apps out there and you'll never run out of them.

Face it dude, Android is the best framework available now for your mobile. Maemo may look good initially, but I strongly feel that it's success will be short-lived.

maddu5731

Broken In
@OP
After reading all the discussions in this thread, I would like to finalize it with my answer.
Either go for the HTC DESIRE or wait a little and go for SAMSUNG i9000 GALAXY S.
Both these devices are ANDROID based.
ANDROID is the most flexible mobile operating system till date,which supports the hell of multi-tasking.
You can download a wide variety of apps from the android market
(35000+ apps, of which 95% are free.)
Aur kya chahiye yaar......
U can check the spec sheet at gsmarena.com
The major difference between both the phones is their sceens. (HTC DESIRE has the AMOLED SCREEN while the SAMSUNG i9000 GALAXY S has the SUPER AMOLED SCREEN which is much better).
I suggest u to wait for a while and go for the samsung one......
Wish u will make a wise decision....

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Also one more thing, if u dont want to buy from the suggested phones then, dont go for N900 which is a piece of **** and nothing else.
Go for the milestone either......

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Also one more thing, if u dont want to buy from the suggested phones then, dont go for N900 which is a piece of **** and nothing else.
Go for the milestone either then......

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Same sh!t different thread; SE vs. the rest. One guy justifies a particular pdt. from a particular company which can go belly up any time while others pwn him:).

BTW given the wishlist of the OP I guess Milestone fits the bill like a hand in the glove. I happen to chance upon Milestone in E-Zone and it had the most gorgeous display I have ever-ever seen in my life!

red dragon

Master troll
@OP
After reading all the discussions in this thread, I would like to finalize it with my answer.
Either go for the HTC DESIRE or wait a little and go for SAMSUNG i9000 GALAXY S.
Both these devices are ANDROID based.
ANDROID is the most flexible mobile operating system till date,which supports the hell of multi-tasking.
You can download a wide variety of apps from the android market
(35000+ apps, of which 95% are free.)
Aur kya chahiye yaar......
U can check the spec sheet at gsmarena.com
The major difference between both the phones is their sceens. (HTC DESIRE has the AMOLED SCREEN while the SAMSUNG i9000 GALAXY S has the SUPER AMOLED SCREEN which is much better).
I suggest u to wait for a while and go for the samsung one......
Wish u will make a wise decision....

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Go for the milestone either......

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Go for the milestone either then......
Samsung galaxy S will be a great phone,but no one really knows when will it hit India,at least not in next 3 months.
Have you seen N900?I myself do not like nokia phones,but this one is superb(the last nokia phone I liked was E90)If it comes with a price tag around 25k,it will be a super deal.BTW available in kolkata for 27.5k without bargaining.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@amitabhishek- If you think Milestone has amazing display then wait for Samsung super amoled displays like Wave and Galaxy S . A friend had a chance to test Wave ( he works as beta tester for samsung ) and he was blown away by that display indoors as well as outdoors. And to top it all both those devices are capable of 720p recording as well as 720p divx certified.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
If you're stuck between N900 and X10, better go for X10.
The audio and video quality in X10 is amazing. And you can make use of Android market which has 35000+ apps and growing. Believe me there are a lot of great apps out there and you'll never run out of them.

Face it dude, Android is the best framework available now for your mobile. Maemo may look good initially, but I strongly feel that it's success will be short-lived.

So is it only the availability of endless applications that makes Android so special, I have still not got it, what is so special in Android ?? How does Maemo stand when compared to Android ?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Just returned from eZone.. Saw the milestone there.. DAMN this phone looks and feels so sexy! I mean when you hold it, it just empowers you! Also saw X10 at a sony store.. And it looks and feels so childish, plastic-y and cheap! Not to mention the UI and UX :x

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Just returned from eZone.. Saw the milestone there.. DAMN this phone looks and feels so sexy! I mean when you hold it, it just empowers you! Also saw X10 at a sony store.. And it looks and feels so childish, plastic-y and cheap! Not to mention the UI and UX :x

Haha!!. Now thats a first.:D Ask your parents to choose you a wife kalpik. Trust me :p

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman

Yes I agree with Dreamcatcher, X10 in no ways look like a Plastic thing...For gods sake it is a Nice looking, elegant phone backed with some good features.Surely to catch eye balls of a lot of people. Plastic....Oh C'mon no ways !!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Its not just me who feels the X10 looks like cheap plastic, almost every online review says the same! And yeah, i'm talking about real reviews like ones from engadget, gizmodo, slaphphone etc, and not some Japanese crap..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Gizmodo hasnt reviewed the x10 yet. :p Engadget well,Apple lickers?Anyone?

Slashphone?Whats that?
Heard of gsmarena,phonearena,etc? Fi you havent, i really have nothing much to say. :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've checked out Hero, HD2 and X10 last week. Only hero has a metal finish, taking it in hand feels something different. After experiencing it, X10 and HD2 umm....seriously seems plastic thing.

sujoyp

Grand Master
The build quality of the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 is solid. The matt plastic on the back is quite fingerprint resistant and soft to touch. It's only the front panel that takes on an increasingly smudgy appearance as the day goes by.
Although there are no metallic parts to strengthen the overall build quality, this actually turns out to be a good thing. The plastic used to craft the X10 body is excellent: strong and of very high quality. There are no creaks at all, and every single part of the body fits perfectly in its place. Thanks to the lack of metal the X10 is lighter than the HTC HD2 but doesn’t lose out in terms of design.
source :GSMArena.com

Ok if u want metal finish...then its ur money ur choice...milestone have it
I think nearly everyone is giving high quality plastic only.
Even I love metal finish:mrgreen:

Top Bottom