Nokia N8:Will You W8 For It??? Cybernautes

N8 has broadcom BCM 2727 application processor as gpu - google it ..its better than the one in Iphone 4 but slower than the one in Galaxy S - the powervr sgx 540 one. But the point is its pretty good for N8 :)
:grin::grin:
*www.curiouscat.org/Steve/Media/2727-PB01-R.pdf

The iPhone is better at textures by a noticeable margin than the N8 but seems worse at skinning and lighting.

Caveat: There are quite a few Extensions and optimizations for the Iphone 4 when compared to the N8

Results page and large images

*img412.imageshack.us/i/47982663.jpg/

*www.glbenchmark.com/result.jsp

Last edited:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Nokia N8 Compared with Galaxy S

Overall, Galaxy S still beats it.(So, far from the fastest GPU in the world)

Edit: Hadn't noticed the previous post.Seems like we both have the same source :)

Nokia N8 Compared with Galaxy S

Overall, Galaxy S still beats it.(So, far from the fastest GPU in the world)

Edit: Hadn't noticed the previous post.Seems like we both have the same source :)

lol..yes it's. Galaxy S has the best GPU and the best phone people playing with. Go for it rather than N8 coz it wont be the best as per the budget.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Yeah, but the thing is, AFAIK there is no use right now of having such powerful GPU (apart from 1-2 games), without the OS natively taking advantage of it.ie. lack of H/W acceleration (which might be one of the main reasons why scrolling and such other operations are not v.smooth sometimes, asides from the poor FS issue)

But, hopefully in Nokia N8 it is made use of properly :)

Yeah, but the thing is, AFAIK there is no use right now of having such powerful GPU (apart from 1-2 games), without the OS natively taking advantage of it.ie. lack of H/W acceleration (which might be one of the main reasons why scrolling and such other operations are not v.smooth sometimes, asides from the poor FS issue)

But, hopefully in Nokia N8 it is made use of properly :)

As per the feedback, N8 uses the GPU in every applications and menu scrolling etc. Let's hope it is upto the mark.

BTW: N8 games already available for download in forums and I am collecting those :D, every game is around 160mb. I have seen few videos of these games running with multiple apps -no lags or hangs at all :-D:-D

pulsar_swift

Youngling
what are you talking about...we have got 3G long time back...I am using BSNL 3G for close to a year now. :)

Neeraj, what sujoyp said is absolutely right. We should rather wait for atleast 3-4 months. But I guess you have already ordered. Did you pay the price (or a part of it by chance)? If not, then good :)

Brother BSNL 3G is not there in PUNE. More over i can never move to BSNL.
Waiting for VODAFONE 3G. If not AIRTEL 3G.

I tried opening the homepage of BSNL 3G. @ *www.bsnl.co.in/service/3G/3GHomepage.htm It is down. The site could be temporarily unavailable.
Thats the sorry state of BSNL. No offence meant.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Someone just said 3G here ? I am using MTNL 3G here in navi mumbai with speed of around 450-500 kbps, a bit low for 3G but much better than those of Airtel Edge connection. I am very happy with its performance on Galaxy S. Hard to go back to edge connection after you have been used to 3G :)

Someone just said 3G here ? I am using MTNL 3G here in navi mumbai with speed of around 450-500 kbps, a bit low for 3G but much better than those of Airtel Edge connection. I am very happy with its performance on Galaxy S. Hard to go back to edge connection after you have been used to 3G :)

Sorry for going offtopic :

As someone just said 3G, any news on when the other operators will provide 3G services ? I don't want to switch my network operator just for 3g, at home I use broadband with wifi, at office 10mbps wifi, it only causes issue when I'm traveling to other places where I need to browse through edge :(

neeraj I think u will have to change the simcard itself for 3g services...I read somewhere:neutral:

Ok thanks bro, but I was asking when will Airtel/voda/Idea and other service providers will start the 3g services. I cant trust mtnl with 3g services..never.

I can buy a cheap nokia phone for my Airtel, and to use MTNL 3G but I think they are worst in between 2G-3G i.e. more than 2g and less than 3g. lol

Btw: check the few games @N8

YouTube - Video Games on the Nokia N8 (S^3) - Asphalt, Avatar, GT Racing, Hero of Sparta... by Test-Mobile.fr

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
hehe good one neeraj ;)

BTW I read in TOI site what mistakes Nokia made in past several years which led to their downfall...I seriously hope they take immediate steps to rectify the situation. Symbian^4 should bring a new ray of hope...

Nokia's 'bureaucratic' culture troubles new CEO - The Times of India

dissel

Cyborg Agent
hehe good one neeraj ;)

BTW I read in TOI site what mistakes Nokia made in past several years which led to their downfall...I seriously hope they take immediate steps to rectify the situation. Symbian^4 should bring a new ray of hope...

Nokia's 'bureaucratic' culture troubles new CEO - The Times of India

Nice Find....

sujoyp

Grand Master
good news for nokia fans...but the clear black tech is on E7 and not in N8:)

Nokia's new ClearBlack screen pitted against Samsung's Super AMOLED (Phone Arena News)

thatsme

Right off the assembly line
Samsung Galaxy S might have the best graphics processor but Nokia N8 is the best camera phone in the market(so i don't bother having a device which is 2nd best in the graphics department).Moreover u get Bluetooth 3.0,USB OTG,HDMI.:-o

GERMZ

Banned
So how many here got the N8 ? I am really loving mine. Everything is smooth fast and stable. Camera i brilliant and so is the multimedia aspect.... Got it straight from the dealer for 26k but i heard it is even lower in some other regions.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Congrats on your new purchase!!. Glad that you liked it. (Which was your previous phone by the way?. I believe that one of the two major gripes, some are having with the phone viz. poor browsing capabilities and lack of portrait qwerty are not even issues, provided the N8-optimized Opera Mobile or Mini and Swype are there).

Yeah, it seems some are getting it for near Rs 23.5 K..

GERMZ

Banned
Still keeping the N900 i was using previously. Poor browsing.. well it is not essentially a poor browsing experience according to me. If you switch off Flash , then the experience becomes much better and similar to Android devices etc...

Swype is coming to the N8. It has already been annnounced. Current swype implementation only works in landscape mode.

Top Bottom