Nokia lumia 520 or Samsung Galaxy S Duos

Pancul

Broken In
1. Budget? - max 14k
2. Display type and size? - anything >=4 inch
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? Nokia, Samsung, Sony
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. Nice camera, dont use camera much
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). android or windows
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. all
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? all
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? multimedia, games, internet
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? should have good looks, should have good sound from headphone
12. Any other info that you want to share

I have classified two mobiles - Nokia lumia 520 and Samsung Galaxy s duos.....please suggest which one is better or something else. I have no requirement for dual sim phone. I want my phone to be lag free and I should be able to play most of the games.

Flash

Lost in speed
Since WP8 has a budding ecosystem, you won't find many games that was famous in iOS/Android.
Apart from that, my vote is for 520.

OP
P

Pancul

Broken In
Thanks for the reply. But do you have any idea about the sound quality of music from the headphones of Nokia lumia 920? Also, it has been mentioned that WPH-108 headphone is shipping with Nokia Lumia 520 but I am unable to get any info on these. And I believe windows phone store has replica of all the ios/android famous games.

One more thing, do you think Nokia Lumia 520, 620 or 720 will receive next windows update?

Flash

Lost in speed
As per NOKIA, the box contains

Box
  • Sales Package: Nokia Lumia 520, High Efficiency Charger AC-20, Nokia Battery BL-5J , Nokia Charging and Data Cable CA-189CD, Nokia Stereo Headset WH-108, Quick guide

Don't worry. WP8 is not like WP7.5

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
And I believe windows phone store has replica of all the ios/android famous games.

One more thing, do you think Nokia Lumia 520, 620 or 720 will receive next windows update?

Well I cant find TEMPLE RUN 2 in the windows store and for TEMPLE RUN there is no free version available though, you have to pay Rs 80. And any VIDEO PLAYERS.
Regarding the Update - I'm positive, cause the older Lumia got update to Win 7.8 I think.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Nokia Lumia 520 - Nokia: Flipkart.com

According to this link, 520 comes with WP8. If then, i'd suggest OP to go with 520.

In Android, i'd suggest Pantech Burst. Best VFM at the price point. 520 - if warranty matters, Pantech Burst - if it doesn't

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I don't know about games,, but 512MB RAM is more than enough to run WP8 and all real-world applications.

In this case, OP, why can't you choose Pantech Burst over 520. Pantech burst run's most of the games at ease.

Flash

Lost in speed
The Lumia 520's back panel is removable, and the phone comes with changeable shells. The Lumia 520 is light in weight and is comfortable to hold. Under the hood is a 1GHz dual-core processor which is believed to allow users to play games with high-graphics, smoothly. It has 512MB RAM and a 1430 mAH battery.

First impression review: Nokia Lumia 520, Lumia 720

OP
P

Pancul

Broken In
In this case, OP, why can't you choose Pantech Burst over 520. Pantech burst run's most of the games at ease.

Because of warranty, it has no warranty. Cannot risk my hard earned money like this. I do not have enough money to spend on the repairs after purchasing it. So, have to go with someone which can provide warranty.

Is Samsung galaxy s duos not good enough?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Galaxy S Duos, is good, but outdated. And especially for that price, it is not worth.

Get Pantech Burst from your local ebay dealer, so you have peace of mind. I did the same and he even replaced mine because of some minor LCD issues, which is very uncommon.

Or else, get 620 @ 14k locally or 15k from FK. Better choice IMO.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
S Duos is a joke.. it has less benchmark scores than the original nexus s..
+1 for Lumia 520 from my side.. you know its nokia, so it wont be a fail device.. distinguish yourself from the android crowd :D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Android crowd is the reason, we have so much dev support, apps, and what-not. But still, i am suggesting OP to go with 520/620(if you feel it is worth)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Moreover, nokia spec sheet states

So, we can expect some new games, specific to W8

WP8 is DX11 ready which is true but most WP8 targeted games require more ram. And AFAIK, you simply can't install any games whose system requirements exceed that of 520.

I won't even think about crap known as S Duos. Extremely weak chipset means most games will have problem running.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
AFAIK WP8 with 512MB RAM can't run high end games like Asphalt 7.

Neither can the Duos with a Adreno 200.

Btw it seems the 520 has got a much better GPU in the form of Adreno 305 as compared to the sad Adreno 200 in the Duos.

At this price, its the 520 all the way.

If you are willing to stretch your budget check out the 3.5 inch Xperia ray that has an Adreno 205.
Or a couple of other Xperia models with similar GPUs.

Top Bottom