Nokia Lumia 520 discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
I need a new phone and my budget is 10k. Flipkart quoted pre-order price for the 520 is Rs. 10499.

At this price we are getting a Nokia made phone with 1 Ghz dual core cpu and 512 mb of RAM which is very tempting to say the least.

So what do you guys think? Should I get it or buy some other phone?

EDIT: Just realized I wrote 510 instead of 520 on the title and I am unable to edit the title. Mods, please correct it if you can.

sbnaul

Broken In
If you are comfortable with windows os then the 520 is valuable for every penny spent on it...

Flash

Lost in speed
EDIT: Just realized I wrote 510 instead of 520 on the title and I am unable to edit the title. Mods, please correct it if you can.

Edit the first post - Go advanced - Change the thread title.
It's the only WP8, you will get in this budget. Others are Android. So, its your choice buddy - WP or Android?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I need a new phone and my budget is 10k. Flipkart quoted pre-order price for the 520 is Rs. 10499.

At this price we are getting a Nokia made phone with 1 Ghz dual core cpu and 512 mb of RAM which is very tempting to say the least.

So what do you guys think? Should I get it or buy some other phone?

No other phone has a better hardware than L520 in this range. If you can live with WP8, go ahead without any second thoughts.

har

In the zone
Hell Yeah !! The best VFM phone under 10k as far as I'm concerned. I'm getting mine today(if its available at my dealer). Else 1 week wait :(

You'll rpobably like WP8. And thats coming for an android user. Android is open and awesome and you'll have fun rooting but I guess I grew tired of using android. My friends L920 was a breath of fresh air for me.:D

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Absolutely its worth each and every penny wp8 offers a super smooth interface and smthg new to try out. i will be getting one probably for sure either for me or my family

Flash

Lost in speed
I heard they reduced the priced by taking away the bluetooth headset or something. Please confirm.
In the box, bluetooth headset is not included. FK, HS18 sells the box at 10499/-, yet i don't know how UC sell it for 9899/-. Maybe to attract customers.

rixon.d9

Journeyman
Lumia 520 is clear Winner.I'm going to buy one for my relative. Windows phone is great option , only thing that bothers is apps but i'm sure U wont be using all the extra apps available on android.
We all want Nokia to do well and this phone is just perfect for Indian market.

har

In the zone
In the box, bluetooth headset is not included. FK, HS18 sells the box at 10499/-, yet i don't know how UC sell it for 9899/-. Maybe to attract customers.

I think you are right !! I stumbled upon this at gsmarena and just shared.

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
The only android worth using in my budget is Pantech burst. And there will be no warranty on that.

Android phones with 1 ghz single core cpu and 512 mb ram are pretty much unusable.

With a good number of apps installed, my phone has less than 20 mb of free ram.

How is the idle ram usage on WP8 with several apps installed?

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hell Yeah !! The best VFM phone under 10k as far as I'm concerned. I'm getting mine today(if its available at my dealer). Else 1 week wait :(

You'll rpobably like WP8. And thats coming for an android user. Android is open and awesome and you'll have fun rooting but I guess I grew tired of using android. My friends L920 was a breath of fresh air for me.:D

Please update us on what you think about the phone.

har

In the zone
The only android worth using in my budget is Pantech burst. And there will be no warranty on that.

Android phones with 1 ghz single core cpu and 512 mb ram are pretty much unusable.

With a good number of apps installed, my phone has less than 20 mb of free ram.

How is the idle ram usage on WP8 with several apps installed?

I tried this on my friends 920. I opeaned templerun, music, people hub, browser and whatsapp in the background and checked the RAM : 872 MB free of 1 GB !!!

512MB will be just fine :mrgreen:

I couldnt go to the store today :evil: An emergency. Damn. And Nokia stores are closed on Sundays right ? i'll have to wait till next Saturday (going to college)

ujjwal007

Lost in games
I tried this on my friends 920. I opeaned templerun, music, people hub, browser and whatsapp in the background and checked the RAM : 872 MB free of 1 GB !!!

512MB will be just fine :mrgreen:

I couldnt go to the store today :evil: An emergency. Damn. And Nokia stores are closed on Sundays right ? i'll have to wait till next Saturday (going to college)
buddy why dont you call them ask them if they have it in stock or not ? :lol: u can find the contact details from just dial

har

In the zone
buddy why dont you call them ask them if they have it in stock or not ? :lol: u can find the contact details from just dial

Yes its available. I think I'll just order from flipkart as I'll probably be busy next Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom