Nokia E7 Preorders Begin !

meta

Broken In
I wont beleive Nokia touch phones based on a video especially after seeing much advertised N8

Well i own an E7 and find it to be a really nice smartphone. Love the keyboard and unlike the Desire Z which i was using earlier... this one manages to last a full day of usage.

meta

Broken In
Okay this application called Dukto is really cool ! Transferring large files over WiFi just makes it so much easier ! No need to connect the cable everytime...

The E7 surprises me everytime by how much it can actually do.

harm064

Broken In
Okay this application called Dukto is really cool ! Transferring large files over WiFi just makes it so much easier ! No need to connect the cable everytime...

The E7 surprises me everytime by how much it can actually do.

I used the Dukto as well, man oh man. I have never seen anything like it. Don't need bluetooth. I have got wifi networking LOL.

I liked the text feature too, wherein you could just send an url to the phone and test it on the phone.. This app rocks plus support for ubuntu & mac.

One word "Nice"

meta

Broken In
@harm064 Exactly my thoughts mate..

For those who are into music and social networking , the popular Android app Flowd just made its way to the Ovi Store \m/

Go get it now.. the UI is super smooth as it is developed in QML :D

harm064

Broken In
Try using the Internet Radio from the Ovi Store Ovi Store: Nokia Internet Radio

The sheer number of radio stations present is mind boggling. I love the American comedy channels that come up . Kind of really addictive!

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
Why so much hate for Nokia. As someone who has used all the platforms i have realised that nokia is not as bad as it seems to be. I wish nokia had developed the OS a little more.

I used an N85, then a BB 9000series, Nokia C7, iphone 4(unlocked) and now xperia arc.
I think the nokia lets me do everything i want to but its slow and not as fluid as the others,
the iphone tells me what to do n decides what i should but looks beautiful while doing the same,
the android is a middle ground good looks and more featureful.
BB was was good but i wouldn use it again.

The E7 should help people who do not want to switch from symbian.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sarath said:
The E7 should help people who do not want to switch from symbian.
But Nokia themselves have dumped Symbian for Windows Mobile. :(

That puts Symbian into jeopardy expecially Meego is also coming.

harm064

Broken In
Yeah but Anna is coming out soon, the question of UI not being so visually appealing might be squashed too! Also E7 users can appreciate this app too Nokia Bots | Nokia Beta Labs . This app learns how you like to use the phone and essentially replicates the same too.

Sarath

iDota
I dont know what they dumping the OS has to do with the phone. Ofcourse if you say that they will cease to support your device and iron out the bugs then yes i agree with you then it sucks.

I still remember when i had my N85 (333Mhz proc) i could do so much with it. Even today all that impresses me in android and iOS is the fluidity of the OS. After using both android and iOS i must say they failed to impress me. Maybe coz they are doing exceeding well in some respects while abandoning a lot of the features that were common place before their arrival.

I am just saying try the phone before commenting on it. Even i am surprised to be saying this as a nokia would have been a definitive No.
So i say again "USE" the phone not merely look at it.

meta

Broken In
Who cares that they are dumping the OS two years from now ? As long as it works right now. Half the Android phones dont even get the number the OS updates.. what do you say about that ?

If my E7 gets the Anna update and maybe the next one then that is all that i expect from my purchase. It does exactly what i want from it !

harm064

Broken In
The hoopla regarding OS and "UI" is blown out of proportion. Even if a regular user is asked, he would start rolling his eyes if asked to explain what it is about.
Symbian is simple enough to understand for any regular folk. You don't need to be a techie to use a smartphone. That matters a lot.

Ovi Store: LinkedIn This is the link for the Linkedin app. Flawless is the keyword here people...

meta

Broken In
Nice video harm.. the application is definitely very nice.

You might want to try out this Google Reader app on your phone ! Gorgeous and fluid UI

YouTube - Grap! Google Reader Client on the Nokia N8

meta

Broken In
Folks.. go check out Favorite Apps. This widget lets you have 9 extra apps on the screen ! I'm also rocking the countdown widget so that i know exactly how far i am from whatever is important for me :p

I'm also discovering some interesting and not very well known apps. One of them is Nok It , a Note scribbling app which works surprisingly well with fingers considering the capacitive screen !

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Btw, almost forgot.
Nokia to dump ovi brand :p

details here-
Nokia's new management to dump its Ovi services brand - Economic Times

meta

Broken In
Actually very glad to see that their going to use their own name instead of Ovi :p

Oh and that webcam app is super useful !

WRC launched their official app on the store today so very excited by that.. and the best part ?

Shazam ! the new Qt port of the app is here ! The BEST song tagging solution out there and it works beautifully on the E7 :D

meta

Broken In
A really awesome Google Reader app just hit the Ovi Store ! Its called Grap! Here are some screen shots i took on my phone of the application. Really nice UI and very fluid. I use it on a daily basis.. absolutely love it !

Main Interface
*i55.twitgoo.com/5zr783.jpg

Individual Posts
*i54.twitgoo.com/140jbkh.jpg

Reading an article

*i52.twitgoo.com/345hsue.jpg

Keep posting more app suggestions guys !!!

Top Bottom