Nokia E63 Encryption problem.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hello Friends,

Some days before one my friends was tinkering with mobile settings. In that process, he turned memory card "encryption" ON. But turned it off later. But the problem is that even after turning encryption off, data is till encrypted and not readable. I've tried in PC, but failed :(. Though VLC was able to play videos (not checked all). I took the phone to Nokia Care, and I must say that those n00bs have only one solution- "SOFTWARE UPDATE" :x . I challenged them that soft update won't resolve this problem. Then I was transferred to another senior, then to another senior, finally last guy understood my problem. And sadly he said that there's no solution for it other than mem card format, which in any case is not a solution for me. I asked him that if nokia provided those guys with its own "decryptor" (which could only solve this problem), he said no :(. What to do guys?

PS- Windows was not able to copy those CHK files created after encryption. I had to use winRAR for them. IDK why they give encryption in mobile? :crazy:

Top Bottom