NOKIA cheated me. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanpaladka

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

I'm in a big problem. So I want some valuable suggestions from u.

I bought a Nokia N70 on 19th May 2006. It worked well till 17th July. But on 18th, I got a error where it was showing signal on screen but while calling, it was displaying "No network Coverage". So I visited Service Centre of Nokia and they did a firmware update. But on next day, phone started to give me same error and gradually signal disappeared completely. So I visited the service centre again and they said that the phone should be sent to Bangalore bcoz it has a Hardware error. So they sent that phone to Bangalore on 22nd July. I waited for 22 days, but no replies from them. So I started to write mails to "ASK NOKIA" section. After writing too many mails, they agreed to swap(replace) my handset.

After waiting for 47 days, I finally got that handset on 8th Sep(friday). It worked well for 5 hours. But after that it showed that same old error! No signal on screen.

So I feel that my handset wasn't replaced. Nokia cheated me by flashing the mobile to change it's IMEI and changing the external covers.

So what are the steps that I can take against nokia for their cheating? I'm very new to these matters. So I don't understand what to do. If I simply submit my handset to service center, they will again make to wait for 45 days and return me that same old set which has errors. So I want to take some legal actions against NOKIA under Consumer Acts:mad: . Your valuable suggestions will help me a lot to proceed and get success.

Thanks in Advance......

Alan

iinfi

mekalodu
if u have a support number call them and tell them u want to speak to the manager or the highest authority possible. tell him in strong words that u want the piece replaced or ur money back with interest.

if u r writing to them, ask for the manager or the highest authority to reply to ur mail and tell them u wud not tolerate any nonsense frmo the customer service or service station.
nokia is a big company so i believe it will send u a new handset once u speak to higher authorities.
i usually do this when i m not satisfied with the customer service.
well normally the mail IDs of higher authorities are mentioned in the official sites itself... i wont why its not there in nokia website. hmmm
well try this b4 taking legal action
gud luck

Last edited:
S

Super_Rana

maybe it's because of faulty SIM card or it does not support your SIM.try somebody else's SIM and see if it is working or not and then do something to nokia.

OP
A

alanpaladka

Journeyman
Thanks for the replies friends.

I already tested that phone by insering HUTCH, BSNL & Airtel SIM cards. But no result.

rajwansh2003

Journeyman
No need to worry just do a case on Nokia just go to police station and tell ur problem and say that u don't ur phone back instead ur ask for money+travelling charge,and add all other charges including ur interest send this copy to nokia and tell them if u does not return money then i will go to media too. And see

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
well go to consumer court for more info check this but first try to talk to any senior person at nokia and tell him that "if u don't do anything then i will go consumer court which will give a bad fame to ur company.also keep us updated through this thread.good luck mate

K

krazyfrog

One of my friends faced a similar problem. He bought a 6600. After a few days the handset started giving problems. The bluetooth stopped working. He took the handset to nokia service centre. There they told that they'll be sending it to delhi for repairs and that it'll take 22 days. Actually it took 25. But even after waiting for all these days the handset again started giving the same problems. After going back to the centre they again repeated what they did earlier. Only this time they are promising a replacement if the handset fails to work. My friend is now left without his cell for over a month. Worse thing is that he earlier used a sony ericsson which worked flawlessly. Now he completely lost faith in Nokia. Nokia being such a big company should take care not to sell such faulty products and in case of fault reported should take the necessary steps on a war footing. Otherwise people will lose faith in the company, just like my friend.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iinfi said:
if u have a support number call them and tell them u want to speak to the manager or the highest authority possible. tell him in strong words that u want the piece replaced or ur money back with interest.

if u r writing to them, ask for the manager or the highest authority to reply to ur mail and tell them u wud not tolerate any nonsense frmo the customer service or service station.

all their managers also are fcuk all lathargic a$$es i had fought a hard battle over the fone and thru email to get my fone replaced ..... all u can do is give it back and wait for another 2 months regularly calling them 3 times a day and sending them emails every day first thing in the morning only then will something happen .... else go buy another fone

urvish_acharya

Broken In
hi budy...
go to consumer cort and fire case against them...you can earn big amount..at the extreme level you can inform Star news/NDTV/AAJTAK guys..they want masala like this only and once your issue gets rise,ther will be number of people in your support,believe me it is great oppertnity just grab this.NOKIA company will do every thing to settle down the issue.do it before your warranty, otherwise you will be helpless.
ALL THE BEST.

OP
A

alanpaladka

Journeyman
Thanks guys for your valuable replies. Yes, Before N70, I had Nokia 6630 which was working fine and I sold that. Now this N70 is eating my head.:mad:

Anyways, I got a reply from "ASK NOKIA". Just have a look at it and suggest me what to do.

We can understand your displeasure over the post service provision quality of your mobile phone and we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you as a result of this. However, you may kindly note that when the service centre decides to swap a phone, it is a working unit and may have rengineered components of your previous mobile phone.
Further, as a part of our post service provision appraisal process, we require your handset to be present at a Nokia Authorised Service Centre for us to assist you in the best possible way, by also looking at options other than the regular service provision process. Hence, we request you to take your phone to the same Nokia Authorised Service Centre. This would also enable us to ensure the desired service delivery.
We recommend you to take along the proof of purchase/receipt while visiting the Nokia Authorised Service Centre. Your phone would be repaired under warranty if it meets all the warranty guidelines.

Before submitting your phone at the Service Centre, you may kindly take a backup of the phone contacts data to the SIM card. If the phone supports memory card, take a back up of contacts, messages, images, clips, etc. on to the memory card or on to the PC. Back up can be taken, provided the phone is in “Power ON” condition. The technicians at the Nokia Authorised Service Centre and Nokia India would not be responsible for the loss of data during the repair process.
After submitting your mobile phone at the service centre, kindly revert with the below mentioned details for us to assist you in the best possible way:

1. Latest Job Sheet Number

2. Date of submission of the handset

Guys what do u think?
Thanks

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
Do as they say .. make a backup of ur data .. pump up ur body (well this one is optional) ... take the phone back with bill and see what happens there. Then mail them the info they asked for and keep us updated.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
alanpaladka said:
Thanks guys for your valuable replies. Yes, Before N70, I had Nokia 6630 which was working fine and I sold that. Now this N70 is eating my head.:mad:

Anyways, I got a reply from "ASK NOKIA". Just have a look at it and suggest me what to do.

Guys what do u think?
Thanks
wait & watch:D

int86

You'r Born Free
there is a toll free no of nokia. go find it.
its customer care head office is in b'lore.
go 4 cunsumer courts. if u know some more bodys had similar problem and got cured quicker then u have some points. go for written statements rather than verbal assurance. u can deman written statements.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Tech.Masti said:
yes, wait and watch , but prepare yourself to go to TV channels like star, NDTV, CNBC,Aajtak etc...
OK but how to contact them...I mean through their web-site or there tel no.
But frm where did anyone gt their no.'s :?:
Hearing ur problem,I felt angry on NOKIA's lazy persons :x

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Nokia Careline

Telephone Number
+91 (80) 30303838​
Operational Hours
0600 - 2400 hrs (Mon - Sun, including PHs)​
Language Supported
English / Hindi / Bengali / Tamil / Telugu / Kannada​

well search before u ask
it was on there site only:eek:
*www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,83057,00.html

int86

You'r Born Free
approaching local newspaper is very easy. go convice a good reporter at theire office.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
I had the same prblm with my N 70. gave it to nokia care on 5th sep and lost its receipt n now m fightin to claim my phn wl knw later weter its repaired or not!!!

Newayz i was first told that it wl take 3 days later on 9th i was told that it wl take anthr 3-4 days. Lets see hw many such more days does it takes

::vicky::

In the zone
fu*k them.... call on their number and start ur hindi and english words.

as they always laton ke bhoot baton se nahi mante

but hey u will not get ur set replaced after that as far as i know

bukaida

In the zone
Not only NOKIA, the same fate suffered with my SE J300i. It was purchased in the last month and was dead within a week. From then onwards, still chasing behind it at the service centre. They gave and are giving lots of assurence, but not my set back.The scenario is probably same for all of them because of the lack of indian law to grab them. They dare not do such act in USA or UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom