Hello,
to all of you.
I want to buy Nokia C6-00. It's priced Rs.13000 here in Amritsar.I want to know in next one month, how much slash in price I can expect? and also Should I buy this phone at this time, or I wait for some more time so that some more Handsets from NOKIA like C6-01 and C7 etc. come in the market? Will these handsets affect the price of NOKIA C6-00? Please let me know.Thank you for reading my post.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

rajan1311

Padawan
c6 01 will only come by dec i guess...ill be buying the C6 tomorrow,will give you my first impressions of the phone then...

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
Hello,
to all of you.
I want to buy Nokia C6-00. It's priced Rs.13000 here in Amritsar.I want to know in next one month, how much slash in price I can expect? and also Should I buy this phone at this time, or I wait for some more time so that some more Handsets from NOKIA like C6-01 and C7 etc. come in the market? Will these handsets affect the price of NOKIA C6-00? Please let me know.Thank you for reading my post.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

hii ,,in which shop it is available (at Rs.13000)in amritsar n'? i'm also interested,should i buy c6 or x6 8gb

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Its available in the NOKIA PRIORITY STORES.But, where the topic goes, please reply to my questions if someone has any idea.Thank you.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
GET READY TO READ

Hello,
to all of you.
Regards,
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Hi
I'm also waiting for the C6 for the last 5 months or so. But the initial reviews of the C6 are heart breaking with lots of problems (i suppose related to firmware), have been reported. We've been waiting eagerly for this one for the last couple of months but it seems that if we are the Die-Hard Nokia/C6 lovers, then we'll have to wait a bit more. Even after reading so many contradicting negative and positive comments, on gsmarena, I headed over to "Nokia Support Discussions - Cseries - Nokia Support Discussions". Read all the frustrated owners of the C6-00, and now I've got confused whether it'll be okay to buy it now, or should I wait for another couple of weeks, till Nokia gets the problem sorted out. It's very hard for me to wait any longer, even then, I'm waiting, as the NOKIA PRIORITY DEALER, I approached first, is not having the set in Black colour, while I want it in black colour.
As far as price is concerned, It's a common practice for companies to slash prices as the product gets older, and the C6 is no exception. Initially it was priced at INR 15239, as posted by Nokia India on their twitter page, but their website shows it at INR 13799. So, expect the prices to fall further, as the phone is initially not performing very well, and even with it's killer looks and rich feature set, customers are keeping away from it, thanks to Nokia's Quality Control Policy. Even the Nokia Priority Dealers are suggestion against it. I was told by person at NPD, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi, that this set has many problems. Even then I insisted to buy this one, he asked me - "Aap abhi bhi problem wala phone kharidne chahte ho?". But I'm sure that Nokia people are working on this problem, and acc to one of their employees "Laitos" at the above stated discussions page, they have identified the root cause of this problem, and are working on to solve it soon.
Let's keep our fingers crossed, that the Nokia people find a solution soon to this problem which is haunting their most awaited phone ever.
It's your wish whether you want to buy it or not, or when to buy it, but please visit the Nokia Discussions page.
As far as I'm concerned I'm surely gonna buy it.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the post + link @ CyberKID

Better to avoid this phone completely and these days not worth to go with S^1 anymore.

Hope Nokia will release a strip down version of E7.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
@CyberKID
Hello,Thank you for this Information.I'll buy this phone, because I know the patch for these problems definitely come sooner or later.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
i'm also waiting for this phone .....n need a new one now its geeting harder to decide,,
x6 has Carl ziess lens/dual spekrs/capacitive screen(how is it better).....while c6 has qwerty.....??
.....what should i buy then nokia X6 8gb or nokia c6 ?

anyone having above sets please give review::

and @ GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK where c6 is priced Rs 13000 in amritsar ? i went to nokia priority at hall bazaar ,they were saying its price is b/w 13400-13500

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
i'm also waiting for this phone .....n need a new one now its geeting harder to decide,,
x6 has Carl ziess lens/dual spekrs/capacitive screen(how is it better).....while c6 has qwerty.....??
.....what should i buy then nokia X6 8gb or nokia c6 ?

anyone having above sets please give review::

and @ GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK where c6 is priced Rs 13000 in amritsar ? i went to nokia priority at hall bazaar ,they were saying its price is b/w 13400-13500

GET READY FOR THE NOVEL..........

Hi,
hmmmmmmm......
C6-00 Vs X6

A tough one to actually make some decisions. As far as my perspective goes, I believe that the C6-00 is better among the two if you wanna get an all rounder. As far as specs are concerned, both the handsets have the same specs, be it the processor, the ram, or the screen size, its resolution (except the touch input technology used), camera (except the Carl Zeiss Optics) etc. The only drawbacks acc. to me in the X6 is limited memory capacity in the X6-8GB. It doesn't support any expandable memory. One of the advantages of the C6 over the X6, as I feel, is the availability of multiple input options like a physical qwerty as well as Touch, while with X6, you gonna be stuck with the touch. However, I feel that Nokia should have considered using a capacitive Touch technology in the C6 as well, even if it meant raising the entire cost of the cellphone by 500 to 1000 bucks, as it would have been worth the investment

Touchscreen - As far as Touch technology is concerned, the capacitive is surely better than Resistive. Consider this fact, which i read in this month's Digit. Capacitive Touchscreens have an estimated life span of 225 million clicks, while those of Resistive ones in only 35 million (if i'm not wrong). So, in this sense, the X6 has an edge over the C6.

Dual speakers - Hmmmmm....
Are they always good in a cellphone?
That's a question to think upon!

Yup! Dual speakers are better than Single ones, in terms of reproducing stereo audio. As, you might be knowing, most Nokia phones are - well - capable of playing Stereo tracks, so dual speakers have got an edge over the single ones. But does it make sense in Cellphones. Yes! Only if you are using those fancy CHINESE phones, that even surpass some on the transistor radio sets in terms of sound. I bet 90 percent of the cellphone users done listen to music on their phones (i mean to say without their headsets/headphones). So, it's up to you to decide whether you wanna go in for one with Single speakers or a dual one. As far as the X6 is concerned, Its an XpressMusic phone thus its somewhat mandatory to put in dual speakers.

The Carl-Zeiss Optics - As you might be knowing, Carl Zeiss AG is one of leading Optics manufacturer among Schneider Optics, and Nikon(Nikkor), Kodak, etc. These leading Optical Instruments manufacturers have set up some quality standards for them. So, Carl Zeiss Optics, can be understood as, a set of optical lenses, produced in confirmity with the standards laid down by Carl Zeiss AG. It might also mean that the Optical instruments (lenses) used might be tested by Carl Zeiss AG.

So, I've consumed too much of your time. In the end, I wanna say that, it's upto you to select from the two. If you are a Die-Hard Music lover, then you must definitely go in for an X6 (i.e. the 16 GB one, as you must be having a large music collection), but of you are someone, who considers other things equal to music capability, or even some what less, In my opinion you must go in for the C6, which is definitely a bang for the buck - acc to me.
Even though there is not much difference in the price of both the sets (the X6 8GB and the C6) you might consider some points of differentiation, that differentiate both the sets from one another.
Acc to me these points are:

1. Touchscreen Technology Used
2. Memory
3. The form factor of the handset
4. The input methods available
5. Battery Backup
6. I can't think of anything else.....

And for your info. I am not a user of any of these handsets, instead I am gonna buy the C6 today (if i'm lucky enough to get the black one) or will be forced to wait a little bit more (addition to the long wait of 5 months or so).

NOTE: If you consider buying the C6, please consider reading my previous post, in this thread only, or visit Nokia - Participate in support discussions for frequently asked questions, as it has been haunted by a lots of Hanging problems.

As I'm not an expert, please forgive me for any errors, that I might have posted knowingly or unknowingly. Any Additions/Corrections/Views are welcome, as they help us as well as our fellow DIGITIANS, and others too!

END OF NOVEL

:roll:

hskpunjabi

Journeyman
Thanks cyberkid 4 ur novel :) ....plz give review abt c6 if u buy one n' its price.
I wish u'll get a black one ..

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Kudos to CyberKID. Excellent writing. But buying a symbian^1 at this time of Android is a wise thing?

you get what you spend. could you please name one Android phone within this range and with similar specifications??

Please do not even name Spice here!

the_souvik

Addicted
Yes I found it really hard to find a android at that price point a month ago.So postponed it till start of next year.By that time I think there would be enough choices to make.
At present I would like to have a samsung galaxy 3 or Lg optimus as compared to c6.Very personal choice of course.

the_souvik

Addicted
Comparison between c6 and optimus
Nokia C6 vs. LG GT540 Optimus - GSMArena.com
Comparison between c6 and Galaxy 3
Nokia C6 vs. Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 - GSMArena.com

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Thanks cyberkid 4 ur novel :) ....plz give review abt c6 if u buy one n' its price.
I wish u'll get a black one ..

I'm sorry guys! It seems that I'll have to wait a little longer for the Black one. And definitely, I'll post my review about the C6 once I get my hands on it. Abt the price, well, I've enquired at two NPD's here in Delhi, One quoted the price of C6 to be 13,300, while other quoted it as 13,500. There are people (some guy from Amritsar) who posted its price to be 13,000. I suppose that owing to the upcoming festive season, and the slow start(? is it a start) of the C6 Nokia will surely come up with some lucrative offers. As i got a BH-102 bluetooth headset with my 5320 XM I bought last year during this time only.
@hskpunjabi, Thanks for your good wishes. I'm dyin' to get my hands on the C6.;-)

Top Bottom