Nokia blatantly copies the iPhone... suckers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
gx_saurav said:
U forgot, they are all americans, the palce where iPod is most famous, & americans are known to buy things without thinking. They follow the sheep hurd

Well u frgt among those 90% probably 20% are Indian Students. :p

gx_saurav said:
Quality? Do they use gold plated connector? The audio chip is made by samsung which is also used in Samsung phones & there mp3 players. The iPod is made in Asus factories. What quality r u talking about?

Sheer audio quality... as well as quality of its design.. the navigation pad an all. its my advice tht u always listen to premium audio devices with audio encoded at high bit rates with headphones such as Sennheiser HD series. Maybe u will realize whats called audiophile quality...

gx_saurav said:
ahem...how many awards were outside USA?

Dunno.... have to go through the net... it won so many of them.... :p

gx_saurav said:
Zen existed before iPod came..read some history

Sorry.. I meant re-created with features like large screen and tons of storage space... :)

LG Prada[/QUOTE]
Well, its a same-gen phone.... I asked for previous gens.... :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
rockthegod said:
Sorry.. I meant re-created with features like large screen and tons of storage space... :)

20 GB creative NOMAD Jukebox, Rio devices, iRiver? same thing....u don't know history.

LG PradaWell, its a same-gen phone.... I asked for previous gens.... :)

Hmm..no multitouch, but tell me, does it really makes a difference? No seriously I m asking from a usability point of view.

Can u we plz keep it to Nokia & iPhone here. Nokia demonstrated a video for concept touch screen UI which they are making for Symbian OS which arya thought is iPhone rip cos according to him, touch screen UI started with iPhone :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well if thats what arya thinks he is mistaken ... i remember watching it on history channel and a nokia exec about 6 years back said that phones wont have keys it will all be touch screen ;) but well cant help it hes a salesman ... the company he represents did everything first ...

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
gx_saurav said:
20 GB creative NOMAD Jukebox, Rio devices, iRiver? same thing....u don't know history.

Actually I started with Zens. Nomad, Rio, iRiver.... yep multi-line alphanumeric displays and limited feature sets and blah blah blah blah... :D
yeah, i know the history of mp3 players....

Hmm..no multitouch, but tell me, does it really makes a difference? No seriously I m asking from a usability point of view.

Can u we plz keep it to Nokia & iPhone here. Nokia demonstrated a video for concept touch screen UI which they are making for Symbian OS which arya thought is iPhone rip cos according to him, touch screen UI started with iPhone :D

Yeah, I will end my discussion about iPods here. But I think its actually cool and easy to be able to zoom images with two-fingers and all other stuff... its very awkward to do many of those with my Cingular 8525. Whatever comes up with an intelligent multi screen is one way or other inspired by iPhone.... neways Apple holds the patent for tht screen of the iphone...

Also, the nokia phone is not a rip... it is inspired by the iphone ... probably thts wat Arya is quite excited about.... :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
rockthegod said:
Actually I started with Zens. Nomad, Rio, iRiver.... yep multi-line alphanumeric displays and limited feature sets
I hope U don't think that iPod always had colour display & click wheel. What was the 1st iPod? A Monochrome screen with Alphanumeric display. When it comes to features, iPod is the most useless device out there. Only 2 audio format support, can't use it without iTunes even to copy my non-DRM songs...no FM, no Bundled Wall charger...ya right.

its very awkward to do many of those with my Cingular 8525.
Donno about that Phone, but did u tried the Zoom button?

Whatever comes up with an intelligent multi screen is one way or other inspired by iPhone.... neways Apple holds the patent for tht screen of the iphone...
Touch screens were already available like I have mentioned before. Apple hold no patent for "A a device with which the user can interact using fingers"

Last edited:

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
gx_saurav said:
I hope U don't think that iPod always had colour display & click wheel. What was the 1st iPod? A Monochrome screen with Alphanumeric display.

nopes .. but still larger and better AN displays than the nomads.... 2.1" BL Transistor activated LCD.... and all.. oops I promised to stop mentioning abt ipods further !!! :D

gx_saurav said:
Donno about that Phone, but did u tried the Zoom button?

Yep, thtz the way they do. But dun u think its easier to expand two fingers swirling away and in to zoom in/out rather than tapping frivolously on zoom button to do the same thing... :)

gx_saurav said:
Touch screens were already available like I have mentioned before. Apple hold no patent for "A a device with which the user can interact using fingers"

Yep, Apple has a patent for the "Multi touch gesture" displays.. !!!!! Just read it frm net.... no tempo to search and paste references and all ....

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
rocky expanding and contracting fingers to zoom in and zoom out has been considered 'fancy' and not easy .... tech2 reviewed the fone and took a review from their colleagues in the office itself and every1 said its fancy but the simple fact of using both hands to operate a cell fone makes it difficult to use and by no means easy ;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ Everything which we can do in Windows with one button, we need two to the same in Mac.

Everything we can do with one touch, or one click or one hand...we need two to do in iPhone.

Thats El Jobso's definition of easy.

One example.....

To switch Tab in IE 7 & Firefox - Ctrl + Tab

To switch tab in Safari - Command + Shift + "[" or "]"

@ rock the god.

You call this easy?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
infra_red_dude said:
oh no... not again.. mods plz close this thread!

Mind telling arya not to say everything Touch screen an iPhone rip, & not to use words like "Suckers" in a thread title first.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
gx_saurav said:
Mind telling arya not to say everything Touch screen an iPhone rip, & not to use words like "Suckers" in a thread title first.

And stop criticizing apple in every thread.

gx_saurav said:
U forgot, they are all americans, the palce where iPod is most famous, & americans are known to buy things without thinking. They follow the sheep hurd

huh. another statement without checking

Americans and australians have the best money management. They don't buy anything with their eyes closed. There are two seasons at which they buy products.
1) Thanksgiving
2) Christmas

Most of the new products are released around christmas and the Americans buy only those that provide best bang for the buck.

and yes, Even microsoft products are most sold in USA and it's the Americans that took microsoft to where it is now.

Europe prefers Linux and in Asia, most use pirated copy of windows.

Last edited:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
BTW does anyone know that Apple might be releasing new iPods on 5 Sep, I went thru the rumours and it looks like iPhone - phone = iPod is coming.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
kumarmohit said:
BTW does anyone know that Apple might be releasing new iPods on 5 Sep, I went thru the rumours and it looks like iPhone - phone = iPod is coming.

and we are also expecting a wide screen nano that can also play a video a.k.a video ipod nano. :)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
If this time I get more storage I might give it a thought coz zen Vision W with 60GB only wont look great even if apple keeps the storage of iPod @ 80gigs, It was only coz of screen size that I was considering ZVW

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
ambandla said:
big daddy? hahahahahaha.

10 udpates compared to thousands of patches, 2 service packs for XP.

And Vista by birth is full of bugs. huh. Kya bolte ho yaar

and still there is blue death in XP after so many patches updates service packs
Around 90% of the death screens in Windows is due to faulty drivers. Apple does not face this problems as most of its hardware is limited to the bundles one, you cannot update your hardware using the wide variety of hardware available for windows. I agree you have printers and scanners and so many other USB devices, but the printers n scanners dont produce a BSOD on windows.
I am not well versed with the apple world, you may correct me if i am wrong.

abhinandh said:
thats why nokia sucks.that pocket bomb making company...:-(
Apple, Dell, Sony, HP, Lenovo.
Who are these? All companies which have recalled batteries. So it makes them bomb making companies?
BTW, nokia did not make those batteries, it just ordered them from some other company.

@Arya
For one, even if a company "copies" or gets inspired from some other product, nothing is wrong. You created a good technology, others are improving it or using it too.

What nokia is only copying is the "Concept of Multi Touch" screen. From when did the concept copying become a sucker's job?

Would it make all the PMP's a copy of the first one?

Nokia already had the motion sensor in Nokia 5500, it does not make apple a copier with iPhone.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
alsiladka said:
What nokia is only copying is the "Concept of Multi Touch" screen. From when did the concept copying become a sucker's job?
Look at the design of the phone. Look at the video of the interface. It is as close a replica as it is possible to make if you are not Apple.

The phone has the standard touch screen, by the way. The technology that iPhone uses for enabling multi-touch is patented.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Look at the design of the phone. Look at the video of the interface. It is as close a replica as it is possible to make if you are not Apple.

Again, is anything touch screen an iPhone rip? Well, then iPhone itself is rip of SE P990i or Nokia 7610

The phone has the standard touch screen, by the way. The technology that iPhone uses for enabling multi-touch is patented.

The technology was developed by a Chinese company & the panel is made by a germen company. I doubt about the patent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom