Nokia announces N97, a possible iPhone killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller

In the zone
another over the top,with all the damn features available on planet earth thrown into it....apart from s60 5th edition and 3.5inch screen whats going for it??
save close to 15-20k and buy yourself a n85 or n79.....

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
LOL.

N97-Pathetic resolution compared to the X1.

N97 resolution is not better than xperia but it is good if nokia release 5-6 more symbian phones with that resolution that will become a standard resolution........... like qvga for now...

And resolution is not very important that it will change a person mind to go for xperia and all ........

Xperia has 256 mb ram and 128 ram for graphics while N97 has 126mb

It's not windows mobile it's symbian

Name a symbian phone that requires more ram than that..........

Xperia runs a 7201a qualcomm 528 mhz proccy while n97 holds a arm11 proccy

well can you show the page where it is written it has that proccy...

Well symbian phones are fast yup xperia is the fastest but N97 not gonna lag and after seeing it's video on net it is truely amazing phone....

Xperia has a full metal body while N97 is plastic.
Xperia already out and selling while n97 scheduled for may.
Yup that is something pathetic about nokia.......

N97 upsides 3.5 inch screen, 32 gb rom and 5 mp cam.

Other advantages are 16 million colors , Stereo speakers , tv-out

on the downside battery backup is less compared to xperia..........

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
I dont think n97 is targeted towards business class people. Its a n series device and is multimedia oriented one. And since its a flagship n series device then what's wrong in expecting a xenon flash in it when even nokia 6220c has it. I just dont get it, even n85 would be a great device with xenon flash. But now, we have to wait for n85 successor which will have xenon flash.

Dual leds are pretty good but combination of dual leds of n85 + xenon flash of n82 would be just perfect. I hope some future nokia device will have it, maybe their 8 mp phone will..

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I have no idea what a common man would do with a qwerty keyboard.But anyway.
Nokia N97 is not just a phone, its' a compact nettop cramped into a phone. People will surf web, write blog posts, send emails etc with it, so a full blown keyboard is a good idea. Full keyboards are not only for the business users now, that's why they are not limited today in Blackberrys and Nokia E series only. Folks in US are texting more and more rather than making phone calls nowadays. With typing speed being faster and typing experience also better than a regular numeric keypad, QWERTY is welcome.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Trsut me, a QWERTY needs means dual hand texting which we teenagers dont really look to in a grand way. It is a business phone which has been aimed at the general public like the X1 with its vibrant looks.

Anyways, its landing mid Next year, so we shall see then.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Nokia is going to launch this phone in Asia and Europe first, ahead of USA and rest of the world. :)
Trsut me, a QWERTY needs means dual hand texting which we teenagers dont really look to in a grand way. It is a business phone which has been aimed at the general public like the X1 with its vibrant looks.

Anyways, its landing mid Next year, so we shall see then.
I agree with you on that, QWERTY does need (at least :D ) two hands to operate. That's a pain when someone is texting on the move.

1235Sam

Sameer
there have been many so called iphone "killer".
iphone:capacitive multitouch
n97:resistive singletouch
even after 1.5 years iphone dont have any real competition in terms of UI.I am surprised why SE,Nokia dont focus on UI to compete iphone.HTC is trying but bottleneck is core Windows OS

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Nokia N97 is not just a phone, its' a compact nettop cramped into a phone. People will surf web, write blog posts, send emails etc with it, so a full blown keyboard is a good idea. Full keyboards are not only for the business users now, that's why they are not limited today in Blackberrys and Nokia E series only. Folks in US are texting more and more rather than making phone calls nowadays. With typing speed being faster and typing experience also better than a regular numeric keypad, QWERTY is welcome.

+1

I need an N97 ;)

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
there have been many so called iphone "killer".
iphone:capacitive multitouch
n97:resistive singletouch
even after 1.5 years iphone dont have any real competition in terms of UI.I am surprised why SE,Nokia dont focus on UI to compete iphone.HTC is trying but bottleneck is core Windows OS
User interface - yes but there are quite literally a dozen phones that have the iPhone beaten in raw specs. The closest anyone's come thus far to toppling the iPhone juggernaut is HTC with its Touch HD. Google G1 and Blackberry Storm are the only other phones, besides the iPhone that I'm aware of which can do multi-touch gestures.

satyamy

Alive Again...
For me
5mp is fine,
video is also good
battery if fair enough
other features are superb (can be improved but its ok for me)

overall nice
4.5 out of 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom