Nokia and ST-Ericsson tie up for low-end Windows phones

socrates

In the zone
Ever since Microsoft launched their Windows Phone 7 platform, they’ve made it very clear to manufacturers that the main hardware specifications would remain unchanged, no matter what. This was a fair trade in a way since you got the same experience no matter which phone you chose, something that Google could have used, as well. More than that, Qualcomm was the sole provider of chipsets for Windows Phone devices, creating a bit of a monopoly in the market. All that’s in the past now however, as Nokia has signed a deal with ST-Ericsson to provide chipsets for their lower-end Windows Phone devices in the future.

Nokia and ST-Ericsson tie up for low-end Windows phones

Soumik

Padawan
When i first heard this news.. the first impression that i got is that... woh! hold on... Nokia might not dead yet! :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
how much cheap? Nokia need to launch some real WM7 mobile within 15k range. at the same price as original Nokia 5800XM

Soumik

Padawan
I seriously doubt if there would be anything less than 15K. 20K should be the starting price.. going by history.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
how will WP7 look on a 3-3.2" screen? if you take Nokia's word of cheap WP7, anything over 3.2" will surely cost 18-20k.

Top Bottom