Nokia 800 battery feedback

red dragon

Master troll
Oh nice to have a dev around here!
Care to explain why you consider CM7 to be better?
Not in vague terms like better battery, better performance and all that ignorant bullsh%the, but with proper reasoning.

Regarding multi tasking, your example really has confused me... what is wrong with that?

Oh!! since boasting dev skill is considered cool nowadays FYI, I am too a recognized dev at XDA.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Oh nice to have a dev around here!
Care to explain why you consider CM7 to be better?
Not in vague terms like better battery, better performance and all that ignorant bullsh%the, but with proper reasoning.

Regarding multi tasking, your example really has confused me... what is wrong with that?

Oh!! since boasting dev skill is considered cool nowadays FYI, I am too a recognized dev at XDA.

Sent from Galaxy S2

Yeah, yeah... We know you are a programming genius and all that... Just chill bro...

The meat of the matter is, would you choose WP7 in its current form over Android 4.0.3 or even 2.3.7? Which one is better?

I have extensively used iOS (iPhone 3GS), Android (LG Optimus One and others) and WP7 (Samsung Focus). All three are very good. But Android is better than the other two when it comes to functionality and customizability.

I have been using CM7 for more than 6 months now, and it rocks... Makes my phone twice as powerful as it was before, and my battery lasts 18 hours with heavy usage. There are a lot of improvements under the hood which are awesome.

Custom kernels and overclocking have pushed my cheap entry level phone to super heights... CM7 takes my phone very close to what Google Android team had intended.

*fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/395288_10151110396720324_527905323_21912194_1829534198_n.jpg

I can only imagine how much awesome your Galaxy SII would be with a touch of CM7.

Seriously, no one cares about TW Player. No one watches entire movies on the phone to care enough... MX Player is awesome...

red dragon

Master troll
Mate, I have used CM7 for significant amount of time.
Could not use as daily driver because of GPS issues.
Even the Sygic was having problems.

At present I am testing CM9. and I have immense respect for the CM team, specially codeworkx.
He is not arrogant and cocky like some other devs.

But without the proper kernel source from the manufacturer how can someone use the hardware fully?
Reverse engineering sometime does not work.
Even you can make a superfast ROM from the stock ROM MD5 and kernel source.
Upload your stock ROM and kernel, will make a superfast ROM for you to test(as I do not have Optimus1)

Regarding TW player, head over to xda and please read what the experienced devs have to say.

I do watch full movies on mobile and do get 6.5 hrs screen time with wifi streaming via alshare, on stock based ROM and kernel.
And honestly, you care bout benches?

Me not really an app junkie, but love the notification system and customization of Android.
Just wish it to be a little more stable and less resource hungry.

Last edited:

noob

Cyborg Agent
But without the proper kernel source from the manufacturer how can someone use the hardware fully?
+1 to this..

Also it is not that OS is resource hungry. I liked even the stock ROM ( it is actually good for normal people..like my sister or non tech frnds) and also MIUI ..CM etc.

What i have noticed is , it's the display which eats lots of battery juice than apps. In case any app is eating your resources (i have rarely experienced this), you can always get other better alternatives because we have tonnes of apps in Android Market (thanks to the app eco system). Same is true with iOS app store.

Speaking about my battery life on SGS. I am impressed since day 1. It has improved a lot with 2.3.3 OS update. On stock ROM and now even on CM , i get 15+ hours battery life on heavy usage. For me it is total 4 hours travelling from home to office. so 4 hours of browsing + music daily. Also 24x7 gmail, gtalk and office exchange sync on.

When it comes to my WP, it dies in just 8 hours....even with the latest OS update battery life has not improved. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom