Nokia 800 battery feedback

GERMZ

Banned
Hi everyone,

thought i'd create this thead to get some feedback regarding battery backup that Lumia 800 users are getting. I personally am not facing the battery problem and easily get about 30-35 hours of battery backup with lots of emails , browsing , twitter usage and a bit of music too.

I'm quite satisfied with it even if it is not as good as my previous Symbian handsets.

Would be good to know what kind of battery life others are getting though !

- GERMZ

noob

Cyborg Agent
Simply pathetic..i am totally disappointed with battery life. Also not able to find even a single reliable IM app.

I am getting the replacement on Saturday and i doubt about your 30-35 hours exp...Nokia has already admitted the battery bug. And it is on ALL phones...those showing < 1000 mah battery as well as above.
Check *discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/No...omments-on-battery-life-concerns/td-p/1250749

Last edited:
OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
Simply pathetic..i am totally disappointed with battery life. Also not able to find even a single reliable IM app.

I am getting the replacement on Saturday and i doubt about your 30-35 hours exp...Nokia has already admitted the battery bug. And it is on ALL phones...those showing < 1000 mah battery as well as above.
Check Nokia Support Discussions - Nokia Lumia 800 - Nokia comments on battery life c... - Nokia Support Discussions

No , my phone definitely lasts more than that. So does my friend's 800 but my cousins 800 definitely has a problem which is why i'm trying to get some feedback.

For IM , check out IM+ , its really nice and has been very reliable for me for Skype and Gtalk usage. Inbuilt FB and MSN chat are already fantastic.

noob

Cyborg Agent
IM+ is pathetic ever on WP. Works gr8 on my Android. on WP sometimes messages dont arrive..sometimes it is too late... so its useless here....

Inbuilt FB and MSN chat are already fantastic
I dont care about FB chat..all my friends are on Gtalk and no one uses MSN chat.

WP is such a fail when it comes to apps (both quality and quantity).

I am getting Galaxy R over Omnia W for my bro.

S

siddhipatel

Now from this thread one can get an idea that Nokia Lumia 800 has disappointed their customers. Nokia has to improve its quality and performance of upcoming smartphones or windows phone, otherwise people will move to other mobile brands like samsung, htc, micromax etc.

noob

Cyborg Agent
It is not just Nokia..OS is also not that matured and app eco system is not there yet...1 more thing..yesterday they released OS update to improve Wifi and battery and with it it brings 2 new bugs :D It is reported, that battery problems are still not fixed. And bug with softkeys and brightness was found.

red dragon

Master troll
Give yhe platform some time.
It will improve over time.

It is already rock stable only a few jagged edges need more work.

Anbody remember Cupcake??

The battery problem is probably Nokia's own.

red dragon

Master troll
IM+ is pathetic ever on WP. Works gr8 on my Android. on WP sometimes messages dont arrive..sometimes it is too late... so its useless here....

I dont care about FB chat..all my friends are on Gtalk and no one uses MSN chat.

WP is such a fail when it comes to apps (both quality and quantity).

I am getting Galaxy R over Omnia W for my bro.

Why did you even buy it?
Comparing current wp7 to Android GB is utter stupidity.
Compare it with cupcake,you will find how much better Mango is!!
The restrictions are irritating undoubtedly but so are the lags/freezes of Android.

Instead of blindly badmouthing an o.s simply because your fav.app is not working there,try to appreciate its beauty.
Have you seen any smoother mobile o.s ?
Have you seen anything which is easier to operate?
Have you seen a single Android phone which is as beautifully designed as Lumia800?
I did not like anything after Nokia 79.(have not seen N9)
But this Lumia 800 is simply a brilliant piece of engineering,never seen such a beautifully made mobile(obviously not talking about raw hardware specs)
Sure htc has lot of well made aluminium Androids, but they never ever exude class or inspire awe,but this one surely does!!

Last edited:
OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
Why did you even buy it?
The restrictions are irritating undoubtedly but so are the lags/freezes of Android.

Instead of blindly badmouthing an o.s simply because your fav.app is not working there,try to appreciate its beauty.
Have you seen a single Android phone which is as beautifully designed as Lumia800?
But this Lumia 800 is simply a brilliant piece of engineering,never seen such a beautifully made mobile(obviously not talking about raw hardware specs)
Sure htc has lot of well made aluminium Androids, but they never ever exude class or demand owe,but this one surely does!!

Exactly this , the pace of improvements in WP7 is rather fantastic. So much better than Cupcake and in *some* respects better than even GB. I know that WP7 is not equivalent in features to Android but then again , nobody forced you to buy into it. Atleast give it a chance !

And you can't beat the Lumia 800 , 900 hardware. Absolutely stunning phones , totally worth it for the gorgeous design.

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
I have been using the Nokia Lumia 800 for quite some time now and to be honest a little scared about the battery issue when I first heard it. Although it did not affect my device in anyway. Last evening i connected my phone to laptop to transfer some stuff and saw the new update - 1600.2483.8106.11500 . I went ahead with the update and to be honest, I think it has shown some enhancement with respect to battery stand by as I had last charged my phone on Friday morning. Wi-Fi connectivity has seen improvement.
I read through quite some stuff, here’s a step by step guide Nokia with Windows Phone Software Update - Nokia - India and a video tutorial too Nokia Lumia : Update your phone software - YouTube

More about the update here New software update for the Nokia Lumia 800 – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

noob

Cyborg Agent
Why did you even buy it?

Sure htc has lot of well made aluminium Androids, but they never ever exude class or inspire awe,but this one surely does!!

why i got this device is none of your business. You are right...we should not compare it with far superior Android. I use both and can see why even after 1 year WP has 2% market share...And what i have stated is "My exp" .you call it bad mouth or anything you want..i dont care. My exp is not as fluid as it is with Android.

Tile interface is good for few days..but gets boring....simple old iPhone/Android grid style placement of icons are actually more better.

Have you seen any smoother mobile o.s ?Have you seen anything which is easier to operate? My Android is as smooth as WP. WP is NOT true multi-tasking..this why IM+ sucks here.+ no apps what so ever.

Have you seen a single Android phone which is as beautifully designed as Lumia800? I have loved its design..but the OS and total end user exp is fail to me...blame the lack of app eco system....

Give yhe platform some time.
It will improve over time.

It is already rock stable only a few jagged edges need more work.

Anbody remember Cupcake??

The battery problem is probably Nokia's own.

yes..right...and unless MS is not implementing fast OS release cycle, all it will be doing is catching up to Android and iPhone. I because of lack of fast OS release cycle , it will become IE6 of mobile phone world :D

And you can't beat the Lumia 800 , 900 hardware. Absolutely stunning phones , totally worth it for the gorgeous design.

ha ha LOL. hardware is so 2010. Lets accept it. Now you will say that WP dont need dual core phones..the regular fanboy stuff...but fact is when we will have WP supporting dual core phones , the same ppl will praise it.
So bottom line is , every Android phone beats Lumia 800 or any WP hands down in every aspect as of now.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nokia spammers. :mrgreen:

*i.imgur.com/FgaTw.jpg

IP addresses of all three posts are same as well. So, GERMZ = Tumbleweed.

I wonder why would these random guys spam this forum for Nokia?

All these guys are same:

Posts by GERMZ
Posts by gladiator7575
Posts by tumbleweed
Posts by tronman10

noob

Cyborg Agent
Nokia Lumia 800 hardware is not worth 30000

too overpriced

Exactly. I agree.

Current gen WP = WP7 Mango
Current gen Android = ICS. Here were are talking of an old release.

Yes..and this is why i want MS to have fast release cycle for WP OS. Android since its inception got more traction and developer support. However in case of WP , it is extremely poor also their negative marketing is not helping.

@ICO : I knew it he was bot :D ha ha ..thanks for banning him. We need REAL discussions with REAL people on forum. Thanks a lot.

red dragon

Master troll
why i got this device is none of your business. You are right...we should not compare it with far superior Android. I use both and can see why even after 1 year WP has 2% market share...And what i have stated is "My exp" .you call it bad mouth or anything you want..i dont care. My exp is not as fluid as it is with Android.

Tile interface is good for few days..but gets boring....simple old iPhone/Android grid style placement of icons are actually more better.

Have you seen any smoother mobile o.s ?Have you seen anything which is easier to operate? My Android is as smooth as WP. WP is NOT true multi-tasking..this why IM+ sucks here.+ no apps what so ever.

Have you seen a single Android phone which is as beautifully designed as Lumia800? I have loved its design..but the OS and total end user exp is fail to me...blame the lack of app eco system....

yes..right...and unless MS is not implementing fast OS release cycle, all it will be doing is catching up to Android and iPhone. I because of lack of fast OS release cycle , it will become IE6 of mobile phone world :D

ha ha LOL. hardware is so 2010. Lets accept it. Now you will say that WP dont need dual core phones..the regular fanboy stuff...but fact is when we will have WP supporting dual core phones , the same ppl will praise it.
So bottom line is , every Android phone beats Lumia 800 or any WP hands down in every aspect as of now.

1.Of course it is none of my business how you burn your money.Just wondering
how a well informed person like you(who knows all the shortcomings of WP7)
ended up buying the Lumia?
Were you expecting some kind of magic?

2.Which Android phone are you using?

3.Any u.i gets boring after after a few days,the grid is as boring as list view.

4.Me no MS fanboy mate!!Have not touched a Windows computer for more than
2 years.
Using both Android and iphone for along time now and do know about a thing
or two about them.
And Mr.Android helper,no matter what you claim
Android do stutter and freeze no matter how great the hardware is.

WP7 does have loads of flaws,it has miles to go...but so does Android!

Regarding dual cores,
even GB can not utilize it completely..nor does most of the apps.
Even with quad cores and 4GB of RAM our beloved android(ICS or JB or whatever) will stutter.

Regarding multitasking,
What the hell do you want from a phone?Boasting about true multitasking capability of Android in the background of its current power management is a joke actually(and yes,nothing has changed with the ICS also)

Android at present is definitely much better than WP7,but the way Android is going...after a couple of years....who knows!!

Last edited:

noob

Cyborg Agent
1.Of course it is none of my business how you burn your money.Just wondering
how a well informed person like you(who knows all the shortcomings of WP7)
ended up buying the Lumia?
Were you expecting some kind of magic?
Not magic..i know what i have got. Everyone has right to post their views. I respect yours too.

2.Which Android phone are you using? SGS

3.Any u.i gets boring after after a few days,the grid is as boring as list view.
Not actually. It is more functional. How many tiles can i put on that 1 single screen ? from functional point of view Widgets are much better. + Multiple homescreens.

4.Me no MS fanboy mate!!Have not touched a Windows computer for more than
2 years.
Using both Android and iphone for along time now and do know about a thing
or two about them.
And Mr.Android helper,no matter what you claim
Android do stutter and freeze no matter how great the hardware is.

I am also using SGS and now WP. WP OS is not yet matured compared to Android.
1 E.g You still don't have access to calender events programmatic and hence you wont see any apps(eg. birthday reminder, or note taking app with note event hooked to calender...etc). And this why WP has something called Background task which runs ONLY after every 30 min.

WP7 does have loads of flaws,it has miles to go...but so does Android! Agree. Flaws ? Every one has room to improve. My point with previous post was that Android improves with more pace compared to WP.

Regarding dual cores,
even GB can not utilize it completely..nor does most of the apps.
Even with quad cores and 4GB of RAM our beloved android(ICS or JB or whatever) will stutter.
we are yet to see any device using ICS and quad core. FYI. I am now on CM ROM and it is as butter smooth as WP.

Regarding multitasking,
What the hell do you want from a phone?Boasting about true multitasking capability of Android in the background of its current power management is a joke actually(and yes,nothing has changed with the ICS also)

My SGS stays for full day with 4 hours of browsing + music + 24x7 gmail , gtalk and exchange account sync ON. I think it is excellent. Problem is not with OS when we speak about power management. OS does a fantastic job. And if you have used Android and have taken look at what is eating your batter, it is the screen. Glad i have SuperAmoled Screen on SGS.

Android at present is definitely much better than WP7,but the way Android is going...after a couple of years....who knows!!

Android is now heading towards TV and in future "any display = running Android inside it" will be the equation. Again i will repeat the same, WP can only gain traction IF we have fast OS release cycles from MS + improved SDK.

Don't get me wrong. i am not bad mouthing WP. This is purely my experience.
Lately my cousin brother used my WP and then finally got Galaxy R for himself.

red dragon

Master troll
1.I did not really understand your problem with the calendar.
Are you using an Outlook calendar without Microsoft Exchange??
If so,there are very easy workarounds.
Why do you even want a note taking app to hook to the calender?

2.How many tile does any sane person need on the homescreen?

3.Regarding CM7,do not want to get started.
But your TW ROM can do much better than CM7 on SGS(if you know the workarounds)
With CM7 you are missing the best thing Samsung has to offer...the TW player(Please do not start with bul%sh#t players like MX or Mobo)

4.Don`t you know what the back ground task is all about?Seriously??

Regarding multitasking...

Windows Phone 7 does support full multitasking capabilities from the very first release but only for the apps bundled with the stok o.s. In Mango, multitasking is being opened up for third party apps also.

Centre of the system is something like SW construct called agent, so multitasking efficiently may require some app rewriting. The agent is basically a subset of an app's core logic, and it can run separately from the app's UI, and can run in memory even if the app itself is switched.
Mango also supports new fast app wake-up as apps do stay in memory until that memory is needed in some other app. So switching between apps is so smooth.

I do not really wanted to go in the technical details,but if you are not convinced,can/will happily engage into some real detailing of both Android and WP7 cores.

Last edited:

noob

Cyborg Agent
1.I did not really understand your problem with the calendar.
Are you using an Outlook calendar without Microsoft Exchange??
If so,there are very easy workarounds.
Why do you even want a note taking app to hook to the calender?
it should work out box no ? and speaking about note taking app , why not have my notes with events in it and then link it to calender ?

2.How many tile does any sane person need on the homescreen?
when i install more apps finding a particular app is very hectic..i have to scroll a lot. I am aware of search in the list. Point is , is it not better scroll and go to that app quickly ? (old static grid style layout is better)

3.Regarding CM7,do not want to get started.
But your TW ROM can do much better than CM7 on SGS(if you know the workarounds)
With CM7 you are missing the best thing Samsung has to offer...the TW player(Please do not start with bul%sh#t players like MX or Mobo)
LOL ? Now i doubt if you have really used Android. :)

Regarding multitasking...

Windows Phone 7 does support full multitasking capabilities from the very first release but only for the apps bundled with the stok o.s. In Mango, multitasking is being opened up for third party apps also.

Centre of the system is something like SW construct called agent, so multitasking efficiently may require some app rewriting. The agent is basically a subset of an app's core logic, and it can run separately from the app's UI, and can run in memory even if the app itself is switched.
Mango also supports new fast app wake-up as apps do stay in memory until that memory is needed in some other app. So switching between apps is so smooth.

This is what called as faking multi tasking....no issues here,but when i open more than 5 apps , 1st is killed. So imagine you open IM+ and expect it to stay there ( it also has background agent. I am aware of it. i am a developer) and when you open other apps (more than 5), 1st app IM+ is killed in most of the cases. And then this is why either i dont get any messages OR i get it late ( might be because background agent 30 min timer has got kicked)

Top Bottom