NOKIA 6610i data cable problem.PLZ guys help urgently.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M

medigit

In the zone
where is the option for F-Bus selection.???.
Looks like i have to buy ORIGINAL nokia datacable.Whats the price of Nokia Data cable for 6610i.ORIGINAL.

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Tools> Options>Connection and Common>Connection>Add port in OPM2 and in the drop down menu try with all the available ports.
Read the FAQ

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Seems ur drivers r not properly installed.It will be like Com4-virtual port(cant remember exactly).Install the drivers manually.

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
i have tried just about every driver (Prolific..,aroka..,etc) but none seems to work .Can anyone pinpoint the exact drivers needed.

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Do u hav this CABLE
If u have only com 1,then ur drivers r not properly installed because it will use a Virtual Com port and without a virtual com it will not work.Install The drivers Properly

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
the cable is the same except the middle portion(Charger i think). what is the drivers that i need to insatll tto create the virtual port in the computer.plz specify.

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
one thing is clear that the problem is with the drivers because the virtual port is not being created.The cable seems to be fine.so can anyone pin point the drivers to install and tell about the install steps.

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Add Hardware>Yes i alredy hv connected the hardware>Add a new hardware device>I manually select from list>Ports>Have Disk>where u extracted the pl drivers>ser2pl.inf,then follow the installation.Or u right click the unknown device frm device manager and select update.thn the rest is same
Download the drivers here
*www.megaupload.com/?d=H83FKWHO

allmighty

Broken In
another possibltie is that u may have ca 42 data cable,it is going to repalce the dku 5 in the market , but if u have latest pc suite, it is preinstalled in it so no need for seprate driver. but try installing a driver.
*europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,81914,00.html

if u dont have the latest pc suite here--
*europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,79477,00.html#download

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
hey mAYHEM,
downloaded the driver but when selectde the HAVE DISK, and then the driver nothing happens.the rectangular box is blank and no hardware is shown.

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
aaah, finallly got the driver installed .The device manager is showing "Prolific USb to Serial Bridge" but there a yellow mark .How to remive it.It says some resource conflict.
Dont have the mobile phone at this moment so not sure if the driver will work.TThe hone is with my dad so will get the phone oin the afternoon and then will check it out.
U guys have helped a lot and would like u to help a little further so that i can finally make the cable work with the phone.
The pic is here
*rapidshare.de/files/9952388/connection_problem.doc.html

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Just uninstall the drivers by Right Click> Uninstall in device manager or use the drvremover.exe in the zip file.The problem is that u have to try again to install the drivers so that they work prope.It happend to me when had a 6610 with the same cable,it worked but after spending a day just for installing the drivers.

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
so i need to first install the USB Prolific driver(USB to serial bridge) so that it creates a virtual port .Then install the Nokia PC suite(latest 6.7).Is this right.....

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
ok . So i need to install ur Uploaded drivers and create a virtual port.But the problem is that everytime i try to select ur drivers from HAVE DISK , there is no hardware listed in the next Box.

I had to use another driver to create the virtual port that u saw in the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom