NOKIA 6610i data cable problem.PLZ guys help urgently.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

medigit

In the zone
hey guys ,
just bought the Data cable .Installed the driver and the NOKIA PC suite.but after connectint the data cable to USB port and Phone , the message i get from windows is "USB device not recognized ....." and "the usb device has malfunctioned....".Plz help me in any possibe way..

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
plz someone help quickly.. bought the dataa cable for rs 300. Dont want to end up with a useless cable..

allmighty

Broken In
which window do u have,
do not attach the cable to pc before u have installed all the driver and software of nokia
if u have xp do system restore and start again

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
yes i have installed the drivers first and the n i have plugged in the cable but the PC suite does not recognixe the phone.

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
does 6610 and 6610i have separate data cables .Is it possible that i got the data cable for 6610 instead of 6610i.

allmighty

Broken In
install the usb to serial bridge(restart) and then install the dku 5 driver(restart) and then install the pc suite(restart)then attach the cable and see!!!

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
in the DFU 5 folder only two setup files are there.One is for PC suite and the other is the DKU 5 cable software.there is no USB to serial driver in that folder..

link---*rapidshare.de/files/9339294/DKU_5_folder.doc.html

allmighty

Broken In
ok the driver is made by some prolific company see in each folder which installer is from that company by putting ur mouse pointer on the instaltion package for some second and install it if u find.

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
on puttin the mouse on the setup i could find some names .They are

Prolific,
Install shield Software corporation,.
Install shield Software corporation,(another setup)
Ark,
and on a setup could not find any company.

which one to pick.The packet in which it came does not have any name of company.

allmighty

Broken In
oh sorry man i didn't had the microsoft word to see ur documents now i see them its in "usb 2303 driver" folder make sure its prolific ok

and dude seriously reduce the number of item in ur tray ;-)

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
so first insatll USB driver ,
restart
install Dku 5 driver
restart
install nokia Pc suite.(i have downloaded the latest 6.7 version)
restart.
Then plug in the cable in the USB port and phone.
RIGHT...

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
6610 = *europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,1736,00.html

6610i = *www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,59862,00.html

Regards
mobilegeek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom