Nokia 5700

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My Nokia 5700 suddenly displayed "no messages" in inbox,my folder,drafts etc today when I booted the phone. The phone even sent a blank sms when I compiled & sent a sms. The sms preview though displayed the message I typed but on opening it was blank. What can I do to restore them? I don't know if they are still there on memory card or not. Will a hard format of phone memory help?

P.S : I know I should get rid of such an old phone but due to some issues, I have to keep it for a while.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
connect to PC using PC/Ovi suite & check if you can access msg. if yes, check if the sent msg was blank or not. else, reinstalling the entire OS should solve the problem.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
No PC suite as I'm on Linux.
The blank SMS sending phenomenon repeats intermittently.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
How to do that? I always thought when you make "Memory Card" as your messaging memory in s60 phones its virtually unlimited.

In nokia there is options in menu to see the memory details...

also in Messages we can set the source to store messages either in SIM or Memory Card :mrgreen:

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I can see the storage options as "Phone Memory" & "Memory Card". I tried swapping, rebooting & again re-swapping the memory location but no success.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
i guess u can max 999 msgs save in memory in s60 cellphone..it shows is seeings -> other..

Top Bottom