Nokia 5230 Vs. 5235

shivam007

Broken In
@avichandana20000 the price of RS.7000 is the mrp of nokia 5230 or you got it bargained??
all the best man...nice buy i must say
do post a review
desperately waiting

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
i brought my 5230 4 months back fr rs.7500 without sd card or car charger.... just the basic bundle....

@ avichandana20000 :- i have kinetic scrolling in my phones menus too but my friend recently got his 5230 which doesn't have it.... do see that while buying.... although it makes no defference but its good to have scrolling in the main menu too.... :)

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Hay The price is surely not 7k.Even it is discounted. Plz be sure you are buying new piece.Are You getin car holder with it?
use the modem like any other nokia phone.Don't know about 3g settings.

I KNOW. But i got it at 7k. yes buddy i have bought a brand new piece with bill. There is a holder with round base. is that car holder? got SD CARD 2GB,one headphone,one charger,one usb cable.

1. Get the service enabled by your network operator. Airtel call it Mobile Office and Vodafone call it Mobile Connect
2. Connect the phone to PC in Ovi connect mode.
3. Start Ovi application
4. Click on 'connect to internet' and after few seconds, you should be good to go.

thanks man.

@avichandana20000 the price of RS.7000 is the mrp of nokia 5230 or you got it bargained??
all the best man...nice buy i must say
do post a review
desperately waiting

The phone is good, sorry, really good, sorry again , awesome. yes bargained.

i brought my 5230 4 months back fr rs.7500 without sd card or car charger.... just the basic bundle....

@ avichandana20000 :- i have kinetic scrolling in my phones menus too but my friend recently got his 5230 which doesn't have it.... do see that while buying.... although it makes no defference but its good to have scrolling in the main menu too.... :)

no kinetic scrolling.

THE TRUE STORY:
Yesterday my friend bought it but is not able to handle it because of the touch screen . So he sold it to me the very next day . He bought at 7.5k and resold at 7k. i have read the review before hand so i kinow what he looses and what i gain.:mrgreen:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. Get the service enabled by your network operator. Airtel call it Mobile Office and Vodafone call it Mobile Connect
2. Connect the phone to PC in Ovi connect mode.
3. Start Ovi application
4. Click on 'connect to internet' and after few seconds, you should be good to go.

one confusion. heard Nokia 52** can't charge through USB. any way to fix it? through any firmware update? not own one but wish to know.

i have kinetic scrolling in my phones menus too but my friend recently got his 5230 which doesn't have it.... do see that while buying.... although it makes no defference but its good to have scrolling in the main menu too.... :)

may require firmware update or software update.

THE TRUE STORY:
Yesterday my friend bought it but is not able to handle it because of the touch screen . So he sold it to me the very next day . He bought at 7.5k and resold at 7k. i have read the review before hand so i kinow what he looses and what i gain.:mrgreen:

Story of the Month. congrats. why don't i have such friends :cry:

the_souvik

Addicted
one confusion. heard Nokia 52** can't charge through USB. any way to fix it? through any firmware update? not own one but wish to know.

Absolutely a problem which can't be fixed.Connect charger while using as modem is the solution.

My firmware function is 21.0.*.* .does it have it.what is kinetic scrolling?

Man , You are lucky. wish he bought a iphone

the_souvik

Addicted

Absolutely a problem which can't be fixed.Connect charger while using as modem is the solution.

My firmware version is 21.0.*.* .does it have it.what is kinetic scrolling?

Man , You are lucky. wish he bought a iphone

shivam007

Broken In
are the plastic covers (original) for 5235 available?
if yes for how much?
i intend to get a white one (original)

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
My firmware function is 21.0.*.* .does it have it.what is kinetic scrolling?

kinetic scrolling is the scrolling which you can do in your music player and other lists by your fingers....

YouTube - Peek at Kinetic Scrolling on Nokia 5230

i have in my main menu and sub-menus too....

mine is 20.0.005

shivam007

Broken In
do the 5235 owners suggest a firmware upgrade?
or i may "lose" some "features" if i go for the upgrade
is the new fw hackable?
@avichandana20000 that is the best "emi scheme" i've heard of :-D

area51

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am thinking to buy Nokia 5230 this diwali from a shop in my neighborhood price abt 7500 Rs. Should i go for this price

Top Bottom