Nokia 5230 Vs. 5235

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I was thinking of nuying a phone. I want a large screen (not necessarily a touchscreen), so i selected Nokia 5230 as it has 3G too. But then I saw 5235 which is a newer model. But I could not figure out the difference between the two. Can someone tell me if there are any differences. And is this phone a good buy?

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
and also, 5235 supports video calling while 5230 doesn't(not until the required firmware updates are released....

*www.mobile-geeks.com/2009/12/11/nokia-announced-5235-for-music-lover/

but you should go with 5230.... great phone....

also if you can up your budget by around 9k, get samsung monte.... great phone with wifi, gps, capacitive touch, 3.2 mp cam....

*onlygizmos.com/og-review-samsung-monte-s5620-capacitive-love/2010/04/

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Rs. 1000 for unlimited music downloads DOES seem very tempting... How is Ovi Music ? Does it offer cool and rare stuff ?
yes. it is a good store. if i have to pick, I would definitely pick 5235 for unlimited music (as i do buy lot of music outside)

*music.ovi.com/in/en/pc

PraKs

Youngling
Go with 5230

No use paying 1000 Rs extra for music download, You can transfer them from your PC via USB

More all OVI songs have DRM, so you cant transfer to other phones & incase you format then download all again.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
yeah, I don't need any rare stuff (music). Moreover, the unlimited download is for a period of 1 year. And I suppose, if 5235 will support video calling then 5230 will do to with the same firmware. Anyways, video calling without a front camera is useless.
As far as samsung is concerned, I hate the UI so much that I don't dare spend so much on a samsung phone. I have used corby & older samsung phones, I find the UI almost as irritating as Chinese phones. I better stick to the dated look of symbian, at least that keeps the cost down

PraKs

Youngling
@Cool Buddy

Would vote for 5230 again :)

Well its not at all dated look, just install myphone theme & you have the awesome look of iPhone

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Thanks everyone for the suggestion, I'll buy by the end of this month. How much is it selling for these days?

Last edited:

talwar

Broken In
Piano Touch
The touch screen works well when pressing the keys & the sound does resemble a piano, however only one key at a time & there is a slight between pressing keys. Something to play about with & show your friends, pretty good....
*store.ovi.com/content/23903

gigyaster

Journeyman
Even I bought the same at 7500/- without memory card. The package comes bundled with data cable, but isn't the data cable too short..its ok but still.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
*www.naaptol.com/price/60063-Nokia-5230.html
check this out
6488 lowest price......... :) :O

but when you open it :

Our Price : Rs. 6,488
Add 12.5% VAT Tax : Rs. 811
TOTAL : Rs. 7,299
Add Shipping
: Rs. 199
YOU PAY : Rs. 7,498

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
So the price is more or less Rs. 7500 & depending on the shop I may get a memory card bundled. However, I wish to buy a 4GB memory card, so better if there is no bundle & lower price.

Top Bottom