Nokia 5230. How GPS connects?

kool

Cyborg Agent
Guys, Recently i used Google Map on my friends Nokia E63 via airtel GPRS. And it really helped in our Delhi-Jaipur trip. Now i want to know about GPS of Nokia 5230, how it connects? and how it works? Do i need any separate GPS device to connect nokia 5230 GPS? if not why it search for Bluetooth?

What about Nokia 5233? Can i use Google Map in this mobile via GPRS? And if i buy 5230, can i change its back panel with any other color? What is the current price of both mobile phone?? I dont have 3G sim, so what u'll suggest me to buy? 5230 or 5233..??

saurabhpatel

Journeyman
Guys, Recently i used Google Map on my friends Nokia E63 via airtel GPRS. And it really helped in our Delhi-Jaipur trip. Now i want to know about GPS of Nokia 5230, how it connects? and how it works? Do i need any separate GPS device to connect nokia 5230 GPS? if not why it search for Bluetooth?

Disable "Bluetooth GPS" in Positioning Methods. It won't make any difference as A-GPS is built in. Enable all other positioning methods for a quick signal lock or disable Network usage options if you want to save on nwteork usage charges but then the integrated gps might take some time to get a signal lock.

Go out in an open area without obstruction from trees and buildings and wait for sometime, you'll start receiving signals within a couple of minutes.

What about Nokia 5233? Can i use Google Map in this mobile via GPRS? And if i buy 5230, can i change its back panel with any other color? What is the current price of both mobile phone?? I dont have 3G sim, so what u'll suggest me to buy? 5230 or 5233..??

You can use Google Maps in 5233 but "my position" won't show your exact location. If you never plan to use 3g in future then GPS is ur only deciding factor...your choice.
about back panel....yepp:cool:

Price : univercell.in

the_souvik

Addicted
GPS technology known as a "global positioning system," this technology works off of radio signals sent out by satellites in space. Since a cell phone already works like a two-way radio when communicating with cell towers, the GPS capability simply extends the radio signal reach to space satellites. The actual receiver device can be located inside the phone itself (in case of 5230) , or use a wireless, Bluetooth connection.

Whenever a receiver device is activated, radio waves are sent out. This is how satellites know to start tracking the device. A receiver's exact location is determined through a process called trilateration where three satellites work together to narrow down possible location points, while a fourth satellite compiles the data and decides on a match.

Using your mobile phone inside a building, beneath trees, or nearby a tall building may cause accuracy problems to occur. Assisted GPS is an improved technology that utilizes a cellular network's assistance server which is connected to a reference network. Through the use of cell towers, a phone relays satellite signal information to the server.

Hope this will help.

the_souvik

Addicted
GPS technology known as a "global positioning system," this technology works off of radio signals sent out by satellites in space. Since a cell phone already works like a two-way radio when communicating with cell towers, the GPS capability simply extends the radio signal reach to space satellites. The actual receiver device can be located inside the phone itself (in case of 5230) , or use a wireless, Bluetooth connection.

Whenever a receiver device is activated, radio waves are sent out. This is how satellites know to start tracking the device. A receiver's exact location is determined through a process called trilateration where three satellites work together to narrow down possible location points, while a fourth satellite compiles the data and decides on a match.

Using it inside a building, beneath trees, or nearby a tall building may cause accuracy problems to occur. Assisted GPS is an improved technology that utilizes a cellular network's assistance server which is connected to a reference network. Through the use of cell towers, 5230 relays satellite signal information to the server.

Hope this will help.

Top Bottom