Noisy Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

imageek

Journeyman
Hi....

I am having a noisy boot everytime i boot up my system.... a few months ago this was a fortnightly affair but recently it has started to be a headache...

everytime i perform a cold boot...the cabinet starts making a noise as if a fan is hitting a wire... but when i opened the cabinet found the sound is not coming form ne fans.....

I think it is from the HDD....

has neone experienced the same ??

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Yes even I've experienced the same problem. Sometimes, during booting, there's a loud whirring noise. This is possibly coming from the hard drive. Or it could be due to dust built up in your fans.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
The latter is most likely, occurs to me but ignoring is what i did.

I cleaned it all and wham, all gone

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Yes. Dust is the most likely cause of this problem. Cleaning it all up will solve the problem. You can visit this link to get info on cleaning the interiors of a PC.- *www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial118.html

OP
I

imageek

Journeyman
hi

thnks all for replying...
just had a doubt ..how can dust cause such a noise as if it is hitting some hard stuff ?

thnks again

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
If there is dust near the vents in the cabinet, hot air will not get sufficient space to escape, and cool air will not enter in. This will increase the temperature inside the cabinet, and so the fans spin faster. Thus they cause a lot of noise. And when dust settles on the fans, they get sort of rusty and make loud noises when they spin.

comp@ddict

use moist, damp cloth, and remember dry it or some time(i don't mean sun bath, just leave it for a day so that if there's any water droplet anywhere it can dry up) and then go on wid ur work and tell us if it worked.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
I used to get the same problem.. i figured out it was my floppy drive.. i have disabled it now and no sound!

OP
I

imageek

Journeyman
okay lemme try with the floppy thingy...but actually the noise starts as soon as the system boots...lets c

thnks again for helping...

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Oh yeah. Now I remember, it used to happen with my floppy drive as well. I had completely forgotten about the ancient floppy drive. Disable the floppy drive in either Windows or your BIOS, and it will reduce the noise. It'll also speed up the startup.

comp@ddict

lolz, possible, I threw off my floppy drive last month(xtremely angry everytime i start the comp..dzzz.z...zzz...dd.zzz..)

OP
I

imageek

Journeyman
nope the floppy drive didnt work though...i disabled it from windows...it wasnt supposed to be that way right..

okay now i'll disable it from bios....i'll pull the plug the next time :lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom