NO RESPONSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

damnthenet

Journeyman
Hello Forum Members!
Some times while clicking on a link, my IE stops responding and I'm forced to end the program pressing ctrl-alt-del. While shutting down the PC, the computer asks whether to 'end task' the 'iexplorer'. Once again I need to 'end task' each IE page that stopped responding. Can anyone help me out? I'm using WIN XP without SP2 and IE 6. Thanks.
Daniel Moses

crashuniverse

In the zone
may be my advice doesnt solve ur prob but i was facing a similar prob with sp2. comp used to hang in mid of anything. the prob go solved while i uninstalled sp2. in my case it was a simple uninstall!

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Better still,

Quit IE !!!

I know that many ppl are used to it but when u start using OPERA or FIREFOX, U will surely be BLESSED and will realize what u were missing !

anandk

Distinguished Member
my reply may sound a little unrelated, but whenver i face such problems, i scrub my pc with ace utilities or tune-up utilities. it removes junk files, corrects registry entries/settings, etc.

try it in case you havent, no harm done, in any case. :!:

D

dinesh_singh

firefox is the best coz ie is not upto the mark...
as far as ur problem is concerned please unistall sp2....
sp2 is the biggest collection of bugs you can ever get.

godsownman

Padawan
I dont think sp2 should be the problem bcoz then that would have been faced by many people.

I havent heard about this problem from people using sp2 installed.

In any case dont be hasty with SP2 check all the alternatives and then do so.

Best of luck

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bud i dont get what u exactly mean to say..mean when u go 4 ctr+alt+del ..u see a bunch of webpages who r not responding ...or u get iexplorer not responding..if u close the explorer/iexplorer then u dont get the shutdown..but..insted ur explorer closes and u dont see any thing..ur screen goes blank....

if ur talkin bout IE hanging..then guess get a good spyremover like spybot etc..update and scan ur PC....

any plz come back with ur reply..

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Opera....

"My preciousssss"

You most definitely need to have a good Antivirus and Antispyware program installed if you are using IE. Please tell us what anti-virus and anti-spyware software you use.

Raaabo

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Lol Raaabo . . I dont have any antivirus installed .. I have SpywareBlaster installed though but I havent updated it :p .. I get NO spyware or malwares .. I just use Maxthon ..

Biplav

In the zone
@batty- is maxthon faster than opera or firefox. if yes i ll surely shift.

one more thing- i have spybot and ad-watch(ad-aware running in my computer0.now i have downloaded and installed spyware blaster. do i need these to run in the background or is spyware blaster good enough?

OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
dinesh_singh said:
firefox is the best coz ie is not upto the mark...
as far as ur problem is concerned please unistall sp2....
sp2 is the biggest collection of bugs you can ever get.
No. I haven't installed SP2.

OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
Raaabo said:
Opera....

"My preciousssss"

You most definitely need to have a good Antivirus and Antispyware program installed if you are using IE. Please tell us what anti-virus and anti-spyware software you use.

Raaabo

I use MCAFEE Internet Security and MS Antispyware. They are both active always. Please note that I don't have SP2 installed.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Daniel Moses

OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
saROMan said:
well bud i dont get what u exactly mean to say..mean when u go 4 ctr+alt+del ..u see a bunch of webpages who r not responding ...or u get iexplorer not responding..if u close the explorer/iexplorer then u dont get the shutdown..but..insted ur explorer closes and u dont see any thing..ur screen goes blank....

if ur talkin bout IE hanging..then guess get a good spyremover like spybot etc..update and scan ur PC....

any plz come back with ur reply..

I mean that IE hangs.

Daniel Moses

rohanbee

Padawan
Maxthon....................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I jumped on to the FireFox bandwagon because a mod on this forum said so and it was a good thing.

This is very tempting too............

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Lol .. I tell you Maxthon is much better in terms that FireFox crashes a lot and have rendering problems with many sites .. Most of what Firefox gives you with the additions of extensions is built in Maxthon ... I use only 4 plugins and I dont need anything else...

Yes .. Maxthon is pretty fast from 1.x builds .. I earlier used Opera for Digit forums because its a bit slower but now I use Maxthon for it too .. I dont have Opera installed :p ..

Biplav SpywareBlaster dont need to run in background everytime.. It justs blacklists CLSIDs of rogue softwares and wont let them install .. It also put lots of sites known to put malwares on your computer in the blacklisted sites so they wont open even somehow a link redirects you to them .. But these lists are updated regularly .. so you need to update your program definitions too ..

I have nothing against FireFox ..Its just its a PIA when it crashes taking all of your new posts .. And yeah ..It eats hell lotta resources ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom