No one can join my host server for gaming, why?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hi, I'm having a problem. The thing is sometimes we play games online (very few however). Now we used to play CS, FIFA etc. I can join my friend's created server easy but whenever I create a server from my end my friend says he is unable to connect. It has happened with any game. We both use BSNL BB. And my router is Netgear DG834G, but friend uses his proprietary BSNL router. Why this is happening? Is there any settings I need to change?
Please advice me. I don't wanna play on others server all time and face lag due to high latency :eek:

Thanks in advance.

Saurav.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Counter Strike 1.6. Same happened with FIFA 10 too on past. How can I resolve this port problem?

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Normally CS 1.6 server uses 27xxx (27015,27016,etc) ports. I'm not sure how will you check/resolve this problem but will post back after find the exact results.

Hrishi

Use Hamachi if the lan doesn't sorts out for you. THough , it will have higher latency.

I think the reason behind your LAN issue is "port-forwarding" is blocked in your router. Allow exception for CS1.6 in firewall as well.
And make sure that you use HLDS.exe with proper config file.

I had this problem earlier , resolved it .

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay, that's great to know that you've resolved it. Now can you kindly help me do mine?
How can I enable this 'port forwarding' for my router?

PS: Okay, Googled about how to do it for my router, and came up with this video guide. Done everything mentioned there, lets see if it actually worked!

Last edited:
Top Bottom