No Man's Sky

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
*cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/275850/header.jpg?t=1460389388​

Inspired by the adventure and imagination that we love from classic science-fiction, No Man's Sky presents you with a galaxy to explore, filled with unique planets and lifeforms, and constant danger and action.

In No Man's Sky, every star is the light of a distant sun, each orbited by planets filled with life, and you can go to any of them you choose. Fly smoothly from deep space to planetary surfaces, with no loading screens, and no limits. In this infinite procedurally generated universe, you'll discover places and creatures that no other players have seen before - and perhaps never will again.

Embark on an epic voyage
At the centre of the galaxy lies a irresistible pulse which draws you on a journey towards it to learn the true nature of the cosmos. But, facing hostile creatures and fierce pirates, you'll know that death comes at a cost, and survival will be down to the choices you make over how you upgrade your ship, your weapon and suit.

Find your own destiny
Your voyage through No Man's Sky is up to you. Will you be a fighter, preying on the weak and taking their riches, or taking out pirates for their bounties? Power is yours if you upgrade your ship for speed and weaponry.
Or a trader? Find rich resources on forgotten worlds and exploit them for the highest prices. Invest in more cargo space and you'll reap huge rewards.

Or perhaps an explorer? Go beyond the known frontier and discover places and things that no one has ever seen before. Upgrade your engines to jump ever farther, and strengthen your suit for survival in toxic environments that would kill the unwary.

Share your journey
The galaxy is a living, breathing place. Trade convoys travel between stars, factions vie for territory, pirates hunt the unwary, and the police are ever watching. Every other player lives in the same galaxy, and you can choose to share your discoveries with them on a map that spans known space. Perhaps you will see the results of their actions as well as your own...

System Requirements

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 480
Storage: 10 GB available space

Source: STEAM

gameranand

Living to Play
Is this that Sony space game which has been in the making for a long timr?
Its not Sony's. Sony tried to give support to these people but they refused and so its a independent game which was also shown during PS4 expo which might have confused you. Sony has 0 part in development process of the game though.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i don't know how much time it will take to complete the game as it is open world and also has Procedural generation gameplay.

Core to No Man's Sky is that its virtual universe, including the stars, planets, lifeforms, ecosystems, and the behavior of the space-bound factions are all created through procedural generation using deterministic algorithms and random number generators. A single seed number is used to create these features via mathematical computation thus eliminating the need to create each of these features by hand. This enables the game to have a massively open nature: Hello Games has estimated that with their 64-bit seed number, their virtual universe includes over 18 Quintilian planets. Hello Games had originally planned to use a 32-bit seed number, which would have generated around 4.3 billion worlds, but decided to use the 64-bit number to demonstrate the scalability of their game, and partially in response to online forum comments that doubted that Hello Games could deliver a game of that size

Because of the size of this universe, Hello Games estimates that more than 99.9% of the planets will never be explored by players, and that the likelihood of meeting another player through chance encounters is nearly zero

gameranand

Living to Play
I prefer SP games anyway so not gonna be bothered if I can't encounter random people. But the problem will be for the players who want to complete the game 100%. :p

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think the developers should add mod support to give the game some life.

The game is too monotonous right now.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i don't know how much time it will take to complete the game as it is open world and also has Procedural generation gameplay.

Core to No Man's Sky is that its virtual universe, including the stars, planets, lifeforms, ecosystems, and the behavior of the space-bound factions are all created through procedural generation using deterministic algorithms and random number generators. A single seed number is used to create these features via mathematical computation thus eliminating the need to create each of these features by hand. This enables the game to have a massively open nature: Hello Games has estimated that with their 64-bit seed number, their virtual universe includes over 18 Quintilian planets. Hello Games had originally planned to use a 32-bit seed number, which would have generated around 4.3 billion worlds, but decided to use the 64-bit number to demonstrate the scalability of their game, and partially in response to online forum comments that doubted that Hello Games could deliver a game of that size

Because of the size of this universe, Hello Games estimates that more than 99.9% of the planets will never be explored by players, and that the likelihood of meeting another player through chance encounters is nearly zero

how does one confirm these "facts"?

- - - Updated - - -

and they dont even have MP. how does the question of meeting another player come into the play?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Actually MP was planned but not implemented somewhere down the line.

There was a pic on reddit where people showed that No Man's Sky boxes had "Online Play" hidden behind stickers.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Actually MP was planned but not implemented somewhere down the line.

There was a pic on reddit where people showed that No Man's Sky boxes had "Online Play" hidden behind stickers.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

thats all okay and i am aware of it.

what i'm doing is calling their bullsh!t. saying "we did not implement MP because we have over 18 Quintilian planets and the probability of two players meeting is near zero" is a bullsh!t excuse of just not implementing MP in the first place. They did not implement MP in spite of saying that the final game would have MP.

Also, No Man's Sky creator walks back 'no paid DLC' statement | PC Game
You may have heard recently that all future updates to No Man's Sky will be absolutely free. “We do want to add a ton of features, like we've just discussed: Freighters, bases, these type of things. But we want to do it for free,” Hello Games boss Sean Murray told Red Bull last week. “You've paid for the game, so you should get this stuff without paying even more money. So no, there will be no paid DLC, just patches."

Yesterday, however, Murray walked back those remarks very slightly in an interview with the Daily Star. He told the site that he was “perhaps naive” when he ruled paid DLC out completely, adding that it could happen if “maybe in the future there’s some reason why we just couldn’t possibly afford to do a certain feature without charging for it.”

bullsh!t is just bullsh!t

- - - Updated - - -

PS: i am not even going to play this game let alone buy it, so consider my words above as just rant, albeit the truth.

Akira

Augmented Nerd
This game isn't worth 60 bucks. It rapidly loses its shine over the first 6-8 hours. That is, of course, if you can run it on your PC. The same damn thing over and over. Glitches, buggy UI, repetitive gameplay, no unique content(procedural generation means crap when you can see how its generated; you can easily spot different animals and plants once you are familiar with them). If you are into survival minecraft like games, go ahead.

Everyone else can wait an year or two and buy it on a Steam sale. What a disappointment.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
This game isn't worth 60 bucks. It rapidly loses its shine over the first 6-8 hours. That is, of course, if you can run it on your PC. The same damn thing over and over. Glitches, buggy UI, repetitive gameplay, no unique content(procedural generation means crap when you can see how its generated; you can easily spot different animals and plants once you are familiar with them). If you are into survival minecraft like games, go ahead.

Everyone else can wait an year or two and buy it on a Steam sale. What a disappointment.

exactly.

not even a proper RPG.

the same fooking thing over and and over and over and over again.

*i.ytimg.com/vi/g3r9nIjqfjs/maxresdefault.jpg

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
That's all okay and i am aware of it.

what i'm doing is calling their bullsh!t. saying "we did not implement MP because we have over 18 Quintilian planets and the probability of two players meeting is near zero" is a bullsh!t excuse of just not implementing MP in the first place. They did not implement MP in spite of saying that the final game would have MP.

bullsh!t is just bullsh!t

PS: i am not even going to play this game let alone buy it, so consider my words above as just rant, albeit the truth.

I think, somwhere between "If I save 2 Rs a day, I will be able to buy "Wolfenstein" next Diwali" and "1800 Rs worth of game does not offer me an intelligibly prolific content, hence is bullsh!t"

We all grew up.

Top Bottom