No driver cd with laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajooba215

Journeyman
I've purchased a lenovo y430..and the service man didn't give me the mobo driver cd..and said with these high end lappys v don't give the cd...he put a folder of drivers in ma lappy..is it true or is he shiting on me?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
most of the laptop brands does the same. only some companies like Dell will giv u ur paid OEM OS disk and driver disks.

paroh

Padawan
If u want to back up drivers that are all ready installed on ur laptop u can use Driver Magician software.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Nonsense - Lenovo provides discs with laptops.
My Rs 21000 Celeron based Lenovo 3000 G410 2049-42Q came with three discs included. Discs had
~ drivers
~ Norton Internet Security & Cyberlink Power to Go (Burning software)
~ Manuals in PDF

Why is it that Lenovo wud skimp out on a higher priced system?

vamsi360

Always confused
^ Giving Drivers, etc wont determine which company is best.. :p

Dude opinion is user specific what I think is that Dell offurs the best value for the buck you spend.....even it is accepted by the world ( again opinions may differ )

My Rs 21000 Celeron based Lenovo 3000 G410 2049-42Q came with three discs included. Discs had
~ drivers
~ Manuals in PDF

Ok..but I think there is no customisation option in lenovo where as you haver it in Dell. So you have to buy what others have assembled. But Lenovo has the best support on earth.:smile:

OP
ajooba215

ajooba215

Journeyman
~ drivers
~ Manuals in PDF

yea dude ..thas what i m talking about...u buy a LAN card...they give a driver cd with that too....lol..this is a f*cking lappy costing around 55k....:-x:-x

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
I've purchased a lenovo y430..and the service man didn't give me the mobo driver cd..and said with these high end lappys v don't give the cd...he put a folder of drivers in ma lappy..is it true or is he shiting on me?
The service guy is a load of BS. All Lenovo laptops have a driver CD included in the box with service manuals etc.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Wasn't the Laptop boxed packed? I always insist on opening the laptop box before my eyes and even later checking up with the website for the accessories that comes with the product.
It is very necessary cuz i have seen vendors selling demo laptop kept with their screens on and then simply repacking them as per the convenience.
Please ask for a packed laptop, sealed one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom