NO DISK error..please help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinknano

Broken In
whenever I boot this pc in my office the error msg pop ups saying "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk to continue."

there is three options>Cancel>try again>continue

none of these works.....

in middle of work and any time this msg pop ups and makes me so embarrassed in front of all...
guys I have a reputation in my office of having a extra bit of knowledge in computing and fixing stuffs....this time this lil error kicking me way out.....guys help!!!! :(

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Run msconfig, click the startup tab and read that list to find out what programs are started automatically after you boot. Uncheck any suspicious thing but don't uncheck system processes. Also, click the services tab, check "hide microsoft services" and disable the remaining entries which appear to be unimportant.

Say... better, you post a HijackThis log here. But if you have "a extra bit of knowledge in computing and fixing stuffs" you should be able to see the culprit process right away. In that case, simply uncheck it and if you think it was a spyware, do a scan (Better to do a scan anyway)

EDIT: Just remembered a case long ago... Do you have any media player? Such as (particularly) Quicktime? or iTunes? If yes, clear your "Open Recent" Menu in the file menu.

Last edited:
OP
thinknano

thinknano

Broken In
Thanx mate in advance...but I'll let you what happens tomorrow....well it must be a virus....millions of people and billions of External Drives been pushed in and out over the years and as you know those are just like the unsafe personal matters...gotta be infected by some viruses for sure; well see you tomorrow...will tell ya then!!! ;)
thanx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom