No Audio Output Device is installed

kbsudhir

Broken In
Hi All,

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit.

Last few days I am getting I am getting rec cross on the audio icon, If I take my mouse on that icon, I get the following message. "No Audio Output Device is installed".

I have tried everything, updating the driver, uninstalling & re-installing the device. I works at the moment, but if I restart the system the same problem again. I have no idea how to fix this issue. Also earlier there was no such issue.

Requesting your guidance & help to fix this issue.

Regards
Sudhir

Sujeet

Undead!!!
1.Make Sure You are using Green Jack for output.

2.Try Connecting your speakers to rear jack in case they are connected to front jack.

3.What kind of Audio Device are you using?Headphones or Speakers.

4.Make sure that Front and Rear Audio Out jack are not in use at the same time.

*Head to control panel and Open Sounds Settings.
*In Device list make sure that your default Audio Device is enable(icon should not be faded).
*If it is disabled then rt click on it Select Enable and also make sure that your preferred Audio Device is Set as Default.(rt. Click on the Audio Device Name in list and mark"Set as default")

NOTE:In case no audio device is visible in Audio list,rt click in empty area and select "Show disabled Devices"

OP
K

kbsudhir

Broken In
Hi Sujeet,

Thanks for your advice & time.

I have already tried out the first four four points but of no use ... :-(

As far as the last suggestion goes, which I open my sound setting I get the same message "No Audio Output Device is installed".

Now, if go & manually update the drivers in the device manager then it will work till I restart my system.

Regards
Sudhir

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Downgrade Your Drivers.
If you still have the Driver CD that came with your mobo try installing Audio Drivers from that.
Sometimes downgrading solves the problem.
But make sure that you have uninstalled the current Audio Drivers before DOWNGRADING
otherwise System will generate Downgrading Warning and Errors.

Maybe The system File would have gone kaput.
try fixing it with this:
*www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - you also try using driverseeper to remove your Audio drivers completely - a simple unistall can't remove everything - after removing audio drivers using driversweeper install the latest audio drivers.

mang

Broken In
If it happens all the same after trying the suggestions you may try doing this - open device manager and see whether yuour sound card is listed under Sound, Video and game controllers, if it does appear then you are good to go close device manager. Then in the search box at the start menu(win 7 or Run for xp) type in services.msc press enter. In the open windows search for the word Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint click on each and start/restart them if it is in stop state. Also if it is in manual mode change it to Auto mode. I think this may help.

Top Bottom