No audio device..plzzzz reply

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
hi guys..

i was having trouble with my pc so i reformatted all the drives and installed wondows xp sp2 again...everything seems to be working fine except the thing that there's no sound. I installed the latest lan driver,the chipset driver and the sound driver for my motherboard (Intel D945GCNL) which i downloaded from intel's website...but the there's still no sound...

when i go to device manager and click on "sounds,video and game controllers" i get names like "audio codec,legacy codec" etc. but not the name for my sound card i.e. Realtek High Definition Audio.

and when i go to control panel and click on sounds and audio devices all the options like playback device,recording device are greyed out and have "no playback device installed,no recording device installed" written respectively inside them.

Please guys really need help here...!!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Install this hotfix update from here:
Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver version 1.0a available for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows 2000
Or else install XP SP3.
Install latest sound drivers.

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
thnx man the hotfix worked out.....the link which u posted was for version 1.0a and the description with it said that i should install version 1.0 first....so i searched for it , found it , installed it and voila.!!! the sound was back..!! :)

thnx mate.!!! cheers..!!!

Top Bottom