No 32 bit games on intel i5 (true or false)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackfire

Journeyman
i went to buy Acer Aspire 5740G in a shop but the shop owner told me that it comes with i5 processer which do not support 32 bit software (read here games), he also said that XP is also incompatible with i5 core (i series). now i am very confused since i like to play retro games like Rise of nations, warcraft, age of empires, halo. which i suppose are 32bit games.

So please help.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The shopkeeper is an idiot.

1. i5 will support 32 bit and 64 bit.
2. XP will run on i5 socket.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
never mind u r game will run on 32/64 bit platform

I am sure that xp will support these processors, becoz these i series are nothing but core 2 duo/quad core processors only (but enhanced).

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
^ yep, most of the softwares which are general purpose run on either 32 or 64 Bit OS. Only stuff like some antiviruses or firewalls have a 32 bit / 64 bit version separately.

You might want to install 32Bit windows 7 / 64 bit on such a system, or go with plain 32bit XP. Don't install 64bit XP since updates are erratic and its not that stable.

Also the shopkeeper is an idiot.
The recent generation of processors support both 32/64 Bit OS's without any hassles.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Ehh..now he(shopkeeper) truly is truly an idiot. Your games and OS (XP) will run on it with no problem. I would recommend to use Windows 7, on such a high end lappy.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
You might want to install 32Bit windows 7 / 64 bit on such a system, or go with plain 32bit XP. Don't install 64bit XP since updates are erratic and its not that stable.

No need to install two OS. Regarding XP/Vista/Windows7:
The 64BIT versions have WoW emulator (Windows on Windows) which seamlessly run the 32BIT application on the 64BIT application.

XP 64BIT is stable. I used it for 1.5 years. No issue.

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
these shopkeepers are useless fellas... They even don't know stuff about their own product... Just imagine who will buy i5 processors if it doesnot supports 32bit games.. Go ahead buy the laptop... nice one and don't worry about all that stuff which he told u...

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
No need to install two OS. Regarding XP/Vista/Windows7:
The 64BIT versions have WoW emulator (Windows on Windows) which seamlessly run the 32BIT application on the 64BIT application.

XP 64BIT is stable. I used it for 1.5 years. No issue.

Ahh i didnt mean that :razz: the slash meant "either" of the two.
I've had issues with the 64 bit version of XP .. oh well :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom