nikon s9100 vs sony hx9v

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Hi friends, Today I checked the price of Sony HX9V at Sony Showroom in Ludhiana and it costs 17990/- same as online. Then I saw Sony HX100V costs 22990/-. So I compared both the cams. HX100V brings superior quality at even 30X zoom. Easily could read the newspaper of the person sitting on the other side of the road...But its very bulky. And apart from zoom I didn't find any other better feature. But thought its better to have idea from you guys. I could extend my budget to 20k even.
And the most important thing : Please give some online site link from where I could purchase them at lower price. I know the price I found are higher.
Thanks,

sujoyp

Grand Master
I searched everywhere for u and found that smartshoppers 22240 is the lowest for sony HX100V

if u would have hot it from letsbuy they were selling it for nearly 19k...but now out of stock

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
So sujoyp another suggestion form u and others as well : If am getting HX100V at lower price then should I go for it or even then HX9V is till good enough for me?

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think HX100V is a Superb Cam and if u want that long zoom flip screen and 1cm macro then get it :)

but if u want to have something pocketable and nice cam get hx9v
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got an ebay 5% discount coupon today valid till 30th...if u want it tell me...it will give u approx Rs.1100 discount on Rs.22400

dabster

In the zone
Guys, HX9V and HX100V should be looked most thru what requirements you have - the ease of use and pocket size is best part for HX9V. It depends on your needs and ease of carrying around you want. <There is a reason people prefer to keep d-slr and a compact one handy with them if need be. :) >

OP
F

fawks

Broken In
Got HX9V 20 days back.... for 15k from letsbuy... so far working fine...
yeh... colors are bit over saturated and flash is too strong.... i usually keep the flash off... so works for me.I find still images are decent, if not great... but, video quality is superb.
btw... thnx guys for helpin me out. :)

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Hello Friends. good news !! HX9V has been added to the stocks in letsbuy.com
I have ordered one for myself @ 14600/-:mrgreen:
Seems a good deal for me.
So my first step towards photography profession has begun. Will post pics once I'll get the cam.
Thanks,

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Hi Friends.. I received my cam today.. SONY HX9V.
Got a case, HDMI cable : one end can be conected to cam and other to TV., battery, 4GB card : ~ 650 images can be stored, USB cable,a CD,

I clicked some snaps at low light as its already been 8pm.
I clicked a snap turning light off in room and flash on . quality of that image came out superbbb!! really..
others snaps were good but I wont say superb.. a snap clicked at 16X zoom was not fully clear.
Also clicked moon but thats not clicked that big as you guys display in photography thread.
couldnt capture any micro shots. image not that much clear..
Also max res of image is 16M (4:3). Can we capture it at 16M(16:9) ? 'coz image is not displayed on full screen of my full HD TV. have to chage it to 12M(16:9). But there is some loss of color(though it shouldn't).
And in last I want to learn more about photography: what ISO to set for macro, landscape etc, shutter speed.. you getting ?
Any suggestions friends ??

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ atul

Bro it seems u dont know the common principals of digicam itself...

1. DOnt compare pics of DSLR with digicam :)
2. most people crop picture as per need...
3. increasing the zoom make camera more unstable and more chances of blurry image...even in case of DSLR..soo at 16x zoom if its not clear its OK
4. Moon will look bigger...just use a good photoediting software and crop it :D
5. Macro image u can definitely capture...just have patience..practice

ISO for macro- minimum possible
landcape - depend on light conditions
shutter speed - dont go below 1/60 it will not be manageable handheld

Top Bottom