nikon s9100 vs sony hx9v

fawks

Broken In
hey guys...
i need help buying a digital camera around 15-17k
just scanned through the specs of nikon s9100 and sony hx9v. Numbers looked good. But don't know about the performance.
pls suggest a gud camera for this price..
thank you.. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
did u checked the specs...please put down the advantage and disadvantage u found...

What are ur needs??

OP
F

fawks

Broken In
@sujoyp
well heres the link comparing these 2. Sony DSC-HX9v vs Nikon S9100
i dont know about the picture quality of these cams.
Also, i would like to know if theres any other good camera in this price range 15-17k.
I need the camera as an amatuer.. still i need a gud one :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
would u like panasonic TZ10 or TZ8...just compare it with these 2
I have seen brillient pics from TZ10...just a thought...will check ur selected cams in evening

Sounava

In the zone
Buy the HX9V eyes closed. The sensor of this camera is superb, plus it has full manual mode too. S9100 is only automatic.

aroraanant

Explorer
I have used(also owns) both sony as well as nikon though I have no knowledge about panasonic and nikon seems to me much better,I own nikon S8100 and the difference between S8100 and S9100 is basically of optical zoom.
And if we compare HX9V and S9100 then HX9V has a 16x zoom and S9100 has 18x.
I am not HX9V is bad,it is like nikon is lil better than sony

sujoyp

Grand Master
OMG specs are 99% same of Nikon 9100 and HX9V
Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review

OP
F

fawks

Broken In
yeh... i wanted to know if anyone of you have any idea about the picture quality... in these 2 cams.
thnx @ aroraanant

Soumik

Padawan
Check out the shoot out at DP Review. I am also planning to buy a can within 20K range, and i am in a fix between SX230 HS, S9100 and HX9V.
In the photo quality comparision, i must say that the SX230 HS seems to be very consistent. I was going for HX9V seeing the reviews, but the side by side pic quality seems to favour SX230 HS.
And another thought, how is P300, which falls in the same price range. It seems to have a very decent pic quality.
Please help me decide.
Thanks.

My requirement is that the camera should take the best pics automatic, but a small amount of manual control like focus and exposure settings would be nice.

Sounava

In the zone
^ I trust dpreview very much. So if you don't want gimmicks like Sweep Panorama etc then I would say go for the SX230 HS.

The P300 is also a good camera, but do note that it wont give you much zoom.

Soumik

Padawan
^ Thanks. Yeah i saw P300 is mostly like a sidearm for ppl who own dslr s. So, i removed that from my consideration.
Seriously no, i want a cam that can fit in my pocket and take the best quality picture without much adjustment, but when given time, there should some options where i can fiddle with it and get a better image result.(small manual controls). I really done understand abt telephoto zoom, just normal zoom is enough. :D No need for sweep panorama. or any panorama for that matter. :)
I guess i would go for Canon only then. Will let u know once i get it. :)

SwiftLover

Broken In
Go for Panasonic FZ35. I am using this Camera from July 2009.
The quality of pic is too good...Its for one who wants to learn photography.

Here are some shots from my Panasonic camera
Photography -I Hope this helps to select your camera.

Check out the shoot out at DP Review. I am also planning to buy a can within 20K range, and i am in a fix between SX230 HS, S9100 and HX9V.
In the photo quality comparision, i must say that the SX230 HS seems to be very consistent. I was going for HX9V seeing the reviews, but the side by side pic quality seems to favour SX230 HS.
And another thought, how is P300, which falls in the same price range. It seems to have a very decent pic quality.
Please help me decide.
Thanks.

My requirement is that the camera should take the best pics automatic, but a small amount of manual control like focus and exposure settings would be nice.

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
So should I go for "Sony HX V9" finally in the range of 15-17k max ?
Have to purchase a cam this week only. I am not a professional but need this for video and image for general usage and occasions.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah go for it bro HX9V is good...just that it dont have manual settings I suppose....but its not necessary for everyone...

sujoyp

Grand Master
I see only program and auto mode thats P and M mode which i have already used in my sony t100...not sufficient to call them manual settings :(

Top Bottom